Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney have won the Barclays Manager and Player of the Month awards for March.

Manchester United's form last month saw them record an impressive five wins from five games and in the process close the gap on champions Chelsea to seven points.

With 15 points accumulated after taking maximum spoils against West Brom, Wigan, West Ham, Birmingham and Newcastle, United were The Premiership's form team for March and their success has now been recognised.

Ferguson is no stranger to the manager of the month gong as this is his 16th in total, a record for any top flight manager.

Rooney's fantastic form will delight not just Ferguson but also England coach Sven Goran Eriksson as the World Cup looms on the horizon, with the precociously gifted striker having scored three goals and had many more assists in what was an excellent month.

The Old Trafford favourite has previously stolen the accolade twice before and will be looking to continue such form against Arsenal on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
deserves nothing less.. well done to both of them

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Congratulations to both of them.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Yeah, keep it up!!

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Rooney, player of the month? Has been THAT good recently.

I would have maybe gone for Mendes.

Or, Man U players. I reckon Ronaldo and Giggs have been better than him.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jern Lizardhous said:
the curse, just before a big match. ;)
I think last season Sir Alex and Rooney got both awards just before the Man Shitty match away.

And nothing happened. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts