Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flag is blue/white/yellow/white/red...

The United Cyprus flag will be in the colours stated above. The flag has been accepted by both the Greek and Turkish sides Government.

However most people in Cyprus don't like this flag. What are your views?

PS: I know the pic isn't clear, but its the only pic I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hate this flag.. It was designed by a turk too...:(

I would prefer 3 vertical stripes...

Blue wid cross, then a thinner white in the middle, then a red stripe with the cresent and star..

This will represent not only the united nations but the united religions too...

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
old southern cyprus flag..

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Now that both sides of Cyprus have joined their flags... is the Turkish side now known as a country also?
Coz i have a teacher who is Kibrisli and she was telling me how the turkish side of Kibris isn't seen as a country.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
That flag sucks... I think they tried to maintain the colours of both nationalities, but ended that Benetton would be proud of. It's far too busy and doesn't represent anything of Cyprus...

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Well, we're bound to biased ;) It would be interesting to hear the views of someone that is not Cypriot though ;) After all, Turkiye have never trully understood Cyprus and Cypriots IMO, in fact the politicians started admitting this prior to the December elections that resulted with CTP's coalition DP ;) Personally, that's worrying, especially as Cyprus has relied on the Ankara Meclis since 1974!!!

Let us know your views bro...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Cem go to the politics forums.. I opened a thread some days ago :)

PS: the flag looks really ugly !! ;)

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Well i have lots of opinions about Cyprus as a student who study Economics and Administrative Sciences and loves politics but my english might not enough to tell all of them ;)

But i can say that Turkiye's policy on cyprus is faulty since 1960s. By the military anxietyies over the Mediterranean we have keep Cyprus as a dependent state. This situation blocked both Turkish Cypriots and Turks in development. We tied up our selves. I red the Annan Project it has some limp points but all can be fixed. A good chance for Turkiye and KKTC. I hope Denktas does not ruin this chance. Btw i have big respect to Denktas and what he has done for years. He has done his job perfectly protected the rights of Turkish Cypriots very well but now he has to listen his people and save them from this blind alley.

Bilmem anlatabildimmi :p

·
3,578 Posts
Jemster said:
So are you saying that Turkiye's interest in Cyprus was for military reasons to prevent being surrounded? ;)
Yes, but the time is changing and this fears have lost theirs actuality.

·
3,578 Posts
Jemster said:
What are your views on a unified Cyprus? Do you think it will work after all the history..?
Of course i have some doubts on this but it has to work, at least that will be better than current one

Yani bilmiyorum anlatabildimmi ama demek istedigim suki, Bir birimize sarilmisiz ve kor dugum olmusuz buda kibrisinda turkiyeninde onunu tikayan bir yumak.

·
Administrator
25,329 Posts
the flag is....ugly yes:rolleyes:

but what can u expect when u give the job to a turkish artisq:tongue: :D

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Ama ortada 30 yillik bir tarih var. Bu sure icinde Turkiye'nin yardimi ile Kibris Turku Turklugune tekrar kavusmustur - egemenligini bulmustur. Oysa simdiki durum sunu gosteriyor ki Turkiye bu 'oyuncakdan' artik usanmis baska maceralar pesinde (A.B)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts