Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From onefootball.com:
Pavel Nedved has revealed to onefootball.com that Lazio turned down a bid from Chelsea for him – and the talented Czech midfielder admitted he is set to have talks with Manchester United over the weekend. Sir Alex Ferguson has been impressed by the Lazio midfielder’s performances during Euro 2000 – despite the Czech Republic losing both their games to the Netherlands and France.
Nedved told onefootball.com: "Lazio have been in touch with me since the tournament began and said that Manchester United have offered £21.2 million for me. Negotiations are set to take place over the next few days.

"I know that Chelsea bid £16 million for me a month or two ago," he added.

Nedved has been one of the stars of Euro 2000 so far, but has never given any indication that he is looking to leave Italian double-winners Lazio. He and his family are settled in Rome and, having had a second child six months ago, are in no rush to leave.

However, he is also aware that Sergio Cragnotti and his accountants may have their hands forced if the Old Trafford bid is seen is too good to turn down.

Sven Goran Eriksson is trying to build a squad for next season, and has already been linked with big-money moves for Luis Figo and Christian Vieri.

The prospect of boosting the transfer kitty by selling Pavel Nedved to Manchester United may just persuade Cragnotti to sell.

Usually, I would not believe this but after I've heard him say he wants to join us, and the Fact that Sir Alex apparantly likes to buy successful Czecks after European championships helps me here. He could be such class for us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I rather he don't come.....for his age and 21 million ....not like we do not have enough midfielder any worse than him ...for 21 million we can get a world class striker already.....hence i would say NO to nedved

Though I think he is a good player , I dont see him dislodging any of Man Utd's midfield ....hence a waste of money

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
He would get a game in any team. I'm sure Scholes can be pushed up as a striker and Nedved could play in his role. Cole and Yorke aren't the best at the moment.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that Nedved is a good player, but with United's current squad, I wouldn't know where to put him and of course if you pay 21 million pounds you don't expect him to be on the bench! I'm also afraid the same situation wtih Poborsky could happen again...U all remember right? But then again he might be a useful addition...Just wait and see what happens!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Not only has he been a great player at EURO 2000 he was laso Lazios best and most concistent player of the season. I really want Neved to stay in Lazio but he has said that it is very high pressure playing in Italy and if he were to move away it is quite a lot of money. If Lazio sell him to Man Utd (which i have no doubt he would slot into the starting line up) I hope Lazio would buy Denilson. This guy is still only 22 and is a great future star!!

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
:( :mad: :(

This is the last rumor I would wish to be true; yet among other Lazio rumors this is the most likely :mad: This one I wouldn't tolerate from Cragg. I could still see the logic of Beppe moving back then, but this one is AlmosT like selling Nesta and Veron now!

ManUtd don't need him 'coz they've got Giggs. Why don't they try to get other players to fill up other more vulnerable/weaker positions? I just don't get it. After Schmeichel's move it was obvious that a GooD goalie should be their main intention. Yet it took them so long to go and get Barthez.

ManUtd's transfer policies (INs) for years have been quite disappointing; they do better with the nurturing of their youths!

And EL MATADOR : Do you honestly believe that Denilson can replace Nedved in Lazio? Nooo! Perhaps should he come to Lazio he can become Nedved's understudy but not an immediate replacement, please! We noticed Nedved in 96 while ManUtd overlooked him and got Poborsky instead. Why is that?

I'll mourn for ages and ages if this deals gone through. :( :( :(

-- Nedved! in mourning :( --

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nedved has returned from Euro 2000. An early exit than many thought, but at least we'll possibly know the outcome soon of this deal of Nedved going to Man Utd. ;)
I personally hope it doesn't go through, where is Nedved going to play? :confused:
Nedved has been placed in the Group stage first XV of Euro 2000 from a Reuters selection :)
I thought he was brilliant, as usual, just world-class, especially against the Netherlands. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry there is no deal anymore. Nedved does not want to move for alot of reasons.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
To Nedved!!
Denilson could never replace Nedved!! Not even in my wildest dreams, Nedved is the best :):), and its good to see that he stays at Lazio!! In my oppinion he is Lazios most consistent player and has a great spirit!! Right now ehen everyone is having a coke with friends hes with a personal trainer!! This is a true sign of a champion!!!!!!! And i hope Nedved stays there for life!!

About Denilson i think its more that i like this guy not that he is that great!! And anyway he'll probably stay at Betis

FORZALAZIO!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts