Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it! The game that makes or breaks the season for Scousers, just shows what their team has become!:pp Rafa's boys get a win and expect all the Pool fans of this forum to don the scoreline in their signature or avatar. Will help them sleep a bit better for the rest of the season and some part of next as well.:D

Giggs and Ferdinand should be back for the game. Saha had a decent outing tonight and so did Rooney and Ronaldo. We will have the strongest possible squad available barring Ruud, who is out long term. Only drawback is that if Gaz does not recover from the mystery illness in time then Phil will deputise and he is a liability in the wingback position. Limits our play going forward as he is extremely uncomfortable on the ball and we will need to be playing through the wings as much as possible as Liverpool are most vulnerable in that part of the field.

Should be a monumental battle in the middle of the park between Gerrard and Co and Keano and Co. though Liverpool would have loved to have Xabi Alonso in the side. Fergie might opt for a 4-4-2 formation with Smith and Saha up front or go for the same formation he played tonight with Keano and Scholes coming in for the ineffective EDD and Fortune. We have to be aware of the explosive pace of Baros though Rio and Micky should be good enough to counter that.

Seriously it comes down to one single player on the Liverpool front who can change the course of the game and need I mention his name. Keano and Fletch should be instructed to keep him under close control and let hamann do all the passing from the center of the field. benitez is an excellent coach and he will have his charges up for it especially with the arrival of Morientes which will undoubtedly boost the morale of the squad. We have enough quality in our squad to get a positive result at Unfilled and keep pace with the all conquering Chelski.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Nice to see ManU fans being positive, but to be fair the chances of you winning are slim, the fact the a big chuck of our first team is missing (Kewell, Cisse, Alonso, Josemi, Kirkland, Smicer etc.) should give you a glimmer of hope but I don't see how you can win.

I presume you guys have you're fingers crossed Morientes can't play because otherwise you could be looking at a big loose.

YNWA

BTW "unfilled" that's abit stupid

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
tough one to predict...in hamman and GERRARD liverpool have two hugely influential players, and im not too sure the united midfield can cope with that as its not too defensive minded....im expecting liverpool to burst through the middle a lot, and its up to rio and sly to tidy everything up...on a positive note, our wings are looking a lot stronger with giggs hitting top form and ronaldo being able to switch flanks with ease...having saha back is great, but im expecting more from rooney and smith...

3-2 to united

·
Registered
786 Posts
it will be a very hard match but i still reckon that we will come home with the victory! Its lucky they are missing Xabi, thats what will be the down side to their offence! 2-1 for man utd. smith x2 and gerrard for liverpool

·
Registered
270 Posts
Liverpool have made Anfield a fortress this season, only losing to Chelsea and I believe whatever result we get will be a battle, but now that Alonso is injured I think are chances have gone up consideraly. Gerrard has to be marked tightly, and I think if Morientes will play, we could handle him, but Baros could be the one to worry. As he showed in Euro 2004 playing with Koller upfront. I thought Saha played very well vs Chelsea and would opt for 4-4-1-1:
Howard
Brown--Ferdinand--Heinze--Silvestre
Ronaldo--Fletcher--Keane--Giggs(if he is fit)
Scholes
Saha
Subs: Caroll, O'Shea, Djembax2, Smith, Rooney.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This game is very important as I cannot see where Chelsea will drop points for the remainder of the season, where we can catch up. Therefore it is crucial for us to make sure we collect the maximum every game we play, or we will end finishing with no league title this season. But the positive outlook is that we are still competing in four competitions, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OZ you are grossly over-rating Hamann. Didi is a very efficient defensive midfielder but that's about it. He contributes zero going forward and if anything his inclusion in the team slows down the passing through the middle of the park. The main concern from Liverpool will be from Gerrard. The only player in that pathetic squad who has the ability to turn the game with a moment of magic. The rest are simply hit and miss type of players who turn up for some games but drift away in the next.

SMO, I'd actually be delighted if we lost crap players like Kewell, Smicer and Josemi. It's more of an advantage for the Scousers if the sh!tes arent playing than if they were!:D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Liverpool win all the way for me, they have been very impressive in their home games against us and Chavski and only lacked a killer touch, with Baros and Morientes against United they will have that so i am expecting them to beat you handsomely with Silvestre having yet another horror show. :shades:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How people are expecting a drubbing is beyond me. We have the second best defensive record in the league and the side has kept a clean sheet for something like 500+ minutes. Liverpool will have their work cut out and though Baros and Morientes will be a threat but don't forget their defense also has to cope with the pace of Saha, Rooney and Ronaldo. with Hyppia and Carragher in the backline, those are two centerbacks who do not like players running at them and that's exactly what our forwards do.

·
63,337 Posts
Shaf said:
How people are expecting a drubbing is beyond me. We have the second best defensive record in the league and the side has kept a clean sheet for something like 500+ minutes. Liverpool will have their work cut out and though Baros and Morientes will be a threat but don't forget their defense also has to cope with the pace of Saha, Rooney and Ronaldo. with Hyppia and Carragher in the backline, those are two centerbacks who do not like players running at them and that's exactly what our forwards do.
it's the midfield where you will lack, Benitez has them working like Trojans in that area, they press everywhere, if you can make it to HT you might be ok because they will tire but i doubt you will.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In central midfield it could turn into 2 against our trio and Pool could be found out. They have Xabi Alonso, perhaps the most influential Liverpool player this season and Diao and Hamann simply don't cut it. We will have Scholes and Keano along with Fletcher so the battle looks equal to me if not a bit tilted on our side.

·
63,337 Posts
Chelsea has 3 in the midfield as well, but they couldn't hold off the high energy of Liverpool, they will miss Alonso for sure but i think they have the legs to dominate, Keane i would imagine will become a sort of 3rd centre half and you will only have chances to score from quick breaks in the 1st half.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
When was the last time you lot scored?

How you can say Hamann cant cut it is beyond me seeming as he's better then anything you've got in that area. Maybe expecting a drubbing is going abit to far but thats only because we've got Alonso, Cisse, Kewell, Kirkland, Smicer etc. where as your only injury is van Nistelrooy?

Giggs will be back for the match :/

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hamannn is shit

Diao is shit

Chivas is da bosss

so os uncle jack

I love JD

Liverpool is shit

IO am drunk and ,ong live United!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
ehheh, there's no point trying to argue with Shaf abt his beloved Mancs :D His reason is based on the religion he adheres to - the MUFC religion. :pp

It'll be a fair game. Mancs will be relying on the individual ability of their players, as looking at both the current squads, the Mancs have more of their first-teamers than us. We will be relying on our team play.

2-1 to either side. On paper, as of today, it looks like going to the Mancs. Realistically, on form, its equal.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
ehheh, there's no point trying to argue with Shaf abt his beloved Mancs :D His reason is based on the religion he adheres to - the MUFC religion. :pp

It'll be a fair game. Mancs will be relying on the individual ability of their players, as looking at both the current squads, the Mancs have more of their first-teamers than us. We will be relying on our team play.

2-1 to either side. On paper, as of today, it looks like going to the Mancs. Realistically, on form, its equal.
You must be the most unbiased Liverpool poster on XT :pp

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
----------Carroll-----------------

Phil----Wes----Silvestre----Heinze

----Fletch-Keane-Scholes--------

Ronnie-------------------Rooney-

------------Saha-----------------

1 - 20 of 85 Posts