Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can follow and talk about the games in this thread. Bilic has named his squad:

Tomislav Vranjić (Cibalia), Velimir Radman (Rijeka)

Luka Vučko (Hajduk), Josip Mišić (Osijek), Dario Bodrušić (Slaven Belupo), Tomislav Labudović (Zagreb), Hrvoje Čale (Dinamo), Neven Vukman (Varteks), Igor Gal (Slaven Belupo)

Leon Benko (Varteks), Mladen Bartulović (Hajduk), Ante Tomić (Dinamo), Filip Marčić (Bordeaux), Ognjen Vukojević (Slaven Belupo), Goran Mujanović (Varteks), Luka Modrić (Dinamo), Mario Grgurović (Hajduk)

napadači - Goran Ljubojević (Dinamo), Karlo Primorac (Osijek), Josip Tadić (Osijek), Hrvoje Ćustić (Zadar), Eduardo Da Silva (Dinamo), Tomislav Bušić (Hajduk)

POREDAK U SKUPINI 8 KVALIFIKACIJA ZA EP:

1. Hrvatska 3 3 0 0 4-0 9

2. Island 4 2 0 2 6-4 6

3. Mađarska 4 2 0 2 4-3 6

4. Švedska 4 2 0 2 4-6 6

5. Bugarska 3 1 0 2 3-5 3

6. Malta 4 1 0 3 2-5 3

Tomislav Busic finally gets a call and Eduardo is there but is likely to be picked for the senior team. The team has been terrible in friendly matches but good in real matches. Let's hope it continues.

PS: Bilic is a legend!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Looking at the names, some of these boys enjoyed success at the U16 euro's a few years back. There's no reason this team should underperform in frinedlies, but they just seem lost.

I went to the Cro-Bul U21 game in Velika Gorica where we won 1-0 because of an Eduardo goal, but we could have hammered them had we made our chances count in the first half. In the second they pressured a little more, but didn't do much with it.

Things are looking good in the standings, and we should pick up another 6 points if we can get it together...

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
I really hope Da Silva plays for the U21's, he has scored 3 out of the 4 goals in qualifiers and is easily the most dangerous player on the team. Also I hope Bilic sticks with the 3-4-1-2, not the ones used in the friendlies.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
whats with mladen pelaic from zagreb ? why isnt he in the squad ?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
i know, but for so long ?
btw. we have a lot of great striker talents in this generation i see. :hopefull:

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pelaic is a good player. Another player that Dinamo should sign. Well he learnt his football at dinamo anyway before leaving when he wasn't going to get a chance.

As for strikers, Busic is a good finisher and Ljubojevic is showing signs of life. If Eduardo plays then the team is 50% stronger.

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
I have no clue but it was during the winter break.
So true about the strikers but what about this Neven Vukman? I read that he was a player to look out for, a future star but I don't really know much about him, maybe you or Purger or anybody else that has seen him play could tell me about me

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was good in the first few qualifiers that I saw. Then he got a big injury and I think he is still getting fitness back. I noticed he was on the bench against Hajduk last week, don't know about today. Small for a defender, but good positioning and so on.

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
Vukman didn't play today...another young player in Varteks to watch is Dario Jertec, don't know how old he is but Ciro had some good things to say about him in recent weeks.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I was impressed with Varteks last week. They have alot of good youngsters and are very underrated in this area. Most people talk about Dinamo, Hajduk and Osijek regarding youth players, but Varteks has produced some good players aswell.

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
Turkish referee for the match against Iceland and the game will be played at Radnik Stadion in Velika Gorica.

Amazing, every qualifier the U21's had I have been off from school :googly: :tongue:

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
The U21's played against a lower league club, Ponikva and won 4-0. Goals were scored by Benko, Custic, Cesarec and Vukojevic.

Lineup: Vranjic; Vucko, Misic, Bodrusic; Vukman, Tomic, Marcic, Benko; Modric; Primorac, Tadic

Radman; Labudovic, Gal, Corluka; Mujanovic, Vukojevic, Grgurovic, Bartulovic; Cesarec, Custic.
They played with 10 men in the second half.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where is Ljubojevic? I actually thought he would do some damage in these games.

This is going to be a big test. A win in these two matches would mean almost certain qualification. Iceland look like a capable side though..

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
Injury problems for Bilic, Ljubojevic and Busic are out injured which certainly means Primorac and 17 year old Tadic will be up front who played very well in the friendly against BiH.

Expected lineup:
Vranjic
Vucko - Misic - Bodrusic
Vukman - Tomic - Marcic - Benko
Modric
Primorac - Tadic

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't know what to think about this game..

We will see how they go.. A 1-0 win would do me fine.

A replay of this game will also be on CROSAT.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
great...we get "replays" of everything.

HRT is not getting a cent from me April 1 if they don't put more live sport on.

I just got a reply from the woman in charge who sounded extatic to inform me that replays will be screened the next day, I promptly sent a reply telling her that that's ok, but LIVE games would be much much better....

we'll see if they give us that..

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Marcic, Modric and Tadic are the stars of this team, and to a lesser extent Tomic but he's been poor for Dinamo lately I've heard.

Watch out for Tadic, I watched him play a few times and he was outstanding, turned the game upside down by himself...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts