Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done to the under 19s on winning the league. :thmbup:

From the official site:

RANGERS' under-19s have drawn 0-0 with Motherwell at Murray Park this afternoon, a result which secured a second consecutive League Championship title at this age level. Billy Kirkwood's talented group of players only needed a point to be crowned Champions & did so with a disciplined performance on what was a bitterly cold afternoon.

After the 90 minutes captain Andrew Shinnie proudly held aloft the League trophy alongside his teammates and the Gers' coaches who celebrated in typical style.

Kirkwood made several changes to his starting eleven for today's game ahead of Wednesday night's SFA Youth Cup Final but praised the entire squad after the final whistle.

He said: "It feels great to win the league again. The boys have done fantastically well and to go through the season with only one defeat so far is tremendous.

"We changed the team around a bit but the lads that came in were fantastic as we came up against a Motherwell side who worked very hard.

"We have had a lot of tough games over the course of the season but I think we fully deserve to be Champions.

"It was never going to be easy to emulate the double that we won this season but the we have put ourselves in a position to do it and that is something to be proud of.

"We can now look forward to the SFA Youth Cup Final against Celtic at Hampden and that will be a fantastic occasion for everyone."

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
well done to the bear cubs

i think quite a few players were rested for this game as well - efrem, fleck were two - in preperation for the youth cup final, hopefully a similar result to last year is in order :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well done to the bear cubs

i think quite a few players were rested for this game as well - efrem, fleck were two - in preperation for the youth cup final, hopefully a similar result to last year is in order :)
I see. When I looked at the lineup I was wondering where they were. Fleck and Archie Campbell I've seen play. We all obviously know about Fleck but I must say Archie Campbell really impressed me in the 2 games I seen him play for Scotland. They guy is extremely fast. Efrem I haven't seen. My dad has Rangers TV and was raving about him last week saying he's very tricky and looks a great find.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Shinnie's a reasonably sensible guy. Was speaking to him today. I hope he makes it, although he doesn't seem to have much confidence in himself.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe he knows he'll have to wait till he's in his 30s before Smith will consider him.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Yeah, the young guys do have that attitude. Steven Lennon in particular has a bit of a disliking for Walter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts