Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some fairly heavy defeats by England and Brazil (0-5 and 0-7 respectively) was followed by a reasonable result against the hosts South Korea, 0-1. Should have been a draw really, but there you go. I think the experience will have been a good one for these lads...its give them a benchmark which is obviously a lot higher than they'd previously had. Hopefully some of them can use it to push on to greater things.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
followed by a reasonable result against the hosts South Korea, 0-1. Should have been a draw really, but there you go.
North Korea, and yeah it was disappointing. After sitting through those heavy defeats against Brazil and England I was hopping they'd at least be able to get a point before heading home.
The goal looked like it was just one of those mistakes that comes from a lack of experience. He kind of accidentally headed the ball into the path of their striker who will probably never score an easier goal. So near the end too...

Fred Elliot said:
I think the experience will have been a good one for these lads...its give them a benchmark which is obviously a lot higher than they'd previously had. Hopefully some of them can use it to push on to greater things.
Yeah hopefully. As a warm up before the tournament they got beaten 4-0 by Japan or South Korea I think it was, so they probably weren't full of confidence going in, but at least it can't be much worse for them from now on, and they'll have a better idea of what to expect.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phew - bit of a difference this time around. Three draws and through to the next round. Anyone see the goal against the Turks? What a cracker!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts