Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1762 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is a bit more than just the regular rumour so let's take everything in one thread.

Unai Emery is the first choice of Salom if we go by the rumours.
So how is Unai Emery then?

Unai prefers his team with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with loads of concentration, anticipation, fast and great passing at the ground, lots of opening runs.
He doens't prefer his wingers to be static like crossing, he want them to cut in at times, to make it harder for the opponent.

He did show flexibility with his Almería, at BBVA, they were a freak machine, loads of goals conceded but more forward. Unai was smart though and understood that this wouldn't work at Primera and have shaped the defence up.

One of the coaches with most potential out there.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Does he like destroyers?
And does he allow players like banega freedom?

Finally, this could be Joaquin's make or break time. He can either develop and become one of the best or be remembered a stupid lazy talented winger.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His usual line-up is;
Diego Alves
Bruno - Pulido - Carlos Garcia - Mané
Juanito
Melo - Corona
Ortíz - Negredo - Crusat​
Corona is a player close to Banega, even more attacking so Banega would be allowed freedom, no problems with that.
He said in the interview with Marca that he more likes his winger to cut in but he could easily change it if he had a Joaquín (he mention him actually!) so I think that he would try to make the best from our squad.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
It actually depends on the striker and the midfielder/wingback that's going to support Joaquin.

It's actually one of Joaquin/Silva, I can't see them both doing a good job in 4-5-1.
Mata is a def starter if we're going to keep the same system.

So has he been approached or not yet?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing is sure but it looks that it will be him who'll coach the team

·
Registered
758 Posts
Imagine how happy I'd be if this comes true. Could we finally be getting a quality manager over here??... That would be awesome.

We still need to address our center back problem though. Unless Alexis is really ready to take it on, we need to buy a decent CB who won't cost too much but is capable nonetheless. Helguera is obviously not it.

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
His usual line-up is;
Diego Alves
Bruno - Pulido - Carlos Garcia - Mané
Juanito
Melo - Corona
Ortíz - Negredo - Crusat​
Corona is a player close to Banega, even more attacking so Banega would be allowed freedom, no problems with that.
He said in the interview with Marca that he more likes his winger to cut in but he could easily change it if he had a Joaquín (he mention him actually!) so I think that he would try to make the best from our squad.
This is pretty much the formation Koeman uses.But I like what he says about wingers as not being strict in cutting in.

But the priority shld be a CB,unless that changes,no matter how good the coach or the attacking players are,it wouldn't ,make many changes.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
IMO a coach who plays two strikers is the way to go.4-3-3 is not for valencia.

thats basically the same formation as koeman!

IMO the best formation will be

--------------------Timo
miguel---- -Alexis--------Albiol ------- new LB
---------------Banega - sunny/maduro--------
joaquin - ------------------------------vicente/silva
---------------------villa--------------------------
------------------new CF--------------------------

-------------------Timo---------------------
miguel---- -Alexis--------Albiol ------- new LB
-----------------Banega - sunny/maduro---
joaquin - -------------VdV-----------------------
---------------------villa--------------------------
------------------new CF--------------------------

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
IMO a coach who plays two strikers is the way to go.
Agree, with Zigic leaving and Morientes seemingly past it, we need a another striker like Morientes, maybe CSKA's Jô, if we change formation, if not.

Hildebrand

SOMEONE GOOD

Marchena
Éver - Manelelé
Sánchez - Villa - Mata

Won't happen, but i would like to see

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I'm not sure Joaquin would do a good job in the above formation, the guy can't cut it plus Villa is a midget so his crosses will be useless.

Pablo is back, so I'd start him in such a formation. If we play 4-4-2 I'd pick Joaquin for sure.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the defence could turn out great. Sagnol isn't a bad player although he's not the same as he was before (underrated player in his time) so he could make it good here. Albiol and Alexis can become really interesting if they get time. Moretti is a quite reliable LB without the attacking skills though, a new LB is a sure shot.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went into an Almería forum and that Sid Lowe article was there... It got kinda blasted by the Almería fans :D
But it was totally untrue, the players aren't even close on hating him. The trainings aren't like it was said in that Sid Lowe article.

·
All For You
1,289 Posts
So sid lowe was lying??? but i like sid lowe's articles. they are really funny but sometimes kinda hiperbolic and slapstical

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
I think Emery can be our safety net, although Atleti are interested in him too now. We are getting one of Laudrup, Valverde or Emery. If we aim higher we might pull off Marcelino but that won't happen.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mestalla... Emery is practically as done as it can get, don't worry about Patetico, they're just having one good season, they will fall back next season :D

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I think Emery can be our safety net, although Atleti are interested in him too now. We are getting one of Laudrup, Valverde or Emery. If we aim higher we might pull off Marcelino but that won't happen.
i dont think atleti are really serious with the new coach thing if(and that a big one)we qualify for the UCL.Aguirre's contract will be renewed automatically so i doubt its true.maybe a back up plan

Mestalla... Emery is practically as done as it can get, don't worry about Patetico, they're just having one good season, they will fall back next season :D
:finger:

1 - 20 of 1762 Posts