Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
definition UN composition, tell me if you agree with me :

UN is composed by 5 permanent members (those who make and sell weapons) and the others (the clients).

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
mali said:
definition UN composition, tell me if you agree with me :

UN is composed by 5 permanent members (those who make and sell weapons) and the others (the clients).
No way. Israel makes a heck of a lot of weapons and aren't represented. :stuckup: :tongue:

I choose to interpret the five members as they were intended to be: the major victorious powers in the Second World War, plus France (because De Gaulle was a jackass). The others are those that wish to rid the world of unnecessary wars (e.g. Second World War).

·
Registered
55,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also germany.

de gaulle a jackass!
hmm... maybe:D
by the way churchill was the instigator of this, for once the english do something for the french;)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
De Gaulle might have been a jackass, but he got the French what they wanted. And isn't that the point? (now imagine that sentence as said by that ING commercial guy and it becomes even stronger :tongue: ) In any case, in my view, De Gaulle is a rather positive character overall...

The definition? Well maybe it would hold a few decades ago...today, not really. I mean, who buys French and British weapons other than themselves? :tongue:

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
the what? what the hell are you people on about? Do you mean the UN Security Counsil?

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
mali said:
also germany.
Yes, Germany. Those guys always draw the short straw. The Czech Republic, too.
mali said:
de gaulle a jackass!
hmm... maybe:D
by the way churchill was the instigator of this, for once the english do something for the french;)
Yet how does De Gaulle repay the British government for years of support, for guaranteeing the Free French movement support and residence in Paris, for supplying them a base from which to launch operations, and for allowing them a place on the UNSC? By vetoing the UK's entry into the EEC. What a nice little man, by all accounts. Can you blame us for hating your government, lili? If Germany always draws the short straw, the UK is never far off. :groan:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Ero said:
the what? what the hell are you people on about? Do you mean the UN Security Counsil?
Yes.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Yet how does De Gaulle repay the British government for years of support, for guaranteeing the Free French movement support and residence in Paris, for supplying them a base from which to launch operations, and for allowing them a place on the UNSC? By vetoing the UK's entry into the EEC. What a nice little man, by all accounts. Can you blame us for hating your government, lili?
Certainly we can't blame you, but we (French) can thanks De Gaulle for having defended the interests of France, whereas it was far from being done....as seeing the political and economical situation of france just after the war, he made a great job for France....That is obvious.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Fobal klub said:
Certainly we can't blame you, but we (French) can thanks De Gaulle for having defended the interests of France, whereas it was far from being done....as seeing the political and economical situation of france just after the war, he made a great job for France....That is obvious.
I'm sure that all French people would be proud of his work. After all, he continued the age-old French tradition of losing wars against implausibly weak enemies.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Weak enemy ? Are you talking about Algeria war ?

By vetoing the UK's entry into the EEC
About that, De Gaulle was already saying that he won't let the wolf enter into sheepfold....

For the UN definition i would say: An out of date organization which lost the little of credibility that it had this year.....

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Fobal klub said:
Weak enemy ? Are you talking about Algeria war ?
And his failure in the few years of the Indo-Chinese War, yes. Vietnam and Algeria aren't renowned for their military prowess. However, tangents are not allowed, so I will refrain.
Fobal klub said:
About that, De Gaulle was already saying that he won't let the wolf enter into sheepfold....
Oh, I get it. De Gaulle wanted to take as much as he could from the UK, pretending to be its ally, and then shun the UK for being too powerful. Honest little bugger, wasn't he?

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Oh, I get it. De Gaulle wanted to take as much as he could from the UK, pretending to be its ally, and then shun the UK for being too powerful. Honest little bugger, wasn't he?
Nope you don't get it, he has vetoing UK enter to EEC because he considered that UK was already USA's dog......Well somes peoples said that he was seeing 30 years in the future, and that was his problems.

And UK did not helped France during WW2 for only uninteresting solidarity and friendship......

·
Registered
55,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
humbird, what de gaulle has to do with this dumbass?:tongue:

de gaulle was a real military figure.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Is it just me or does that doll look like a younger version of leslie neilsen of naked gun fame?

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Fobal klub said:
Nope you don't get it, he has vetoing UK enter to EEC because he considered that UK was already USA's dog...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I get it. De Gaulle wanted to take as much as he could from the US, pretending to be its ally, and then shun the US for being too powerful. Honest little bugger, wasn't he?

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Exactly, you get it, he did not want France to be USA's dog or be under Soviet Union's influence. He wanted France to be able to speak on his own opinion , strange is not it ?

·
Registered
55,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, of course jkris and certainly other countries too.

bastin, i think de gaulle didn't forgive the way USA traited him and fobal klub is right, it was no question for him that france could be under the influence of any super power countries.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts