Xtratime Community banner

2101 - 2120 of 2152 Posts

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Blatant cheating by DC at the weigh ins. He missed weight and the UFC nearly had to cancel another top fight so they let him get away with it. That's ****ed up man.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Appropriate level of hype for that not very good Bellator card I see.

Fedor being beaten by some TUF fighter will be so depressing. It better not happen (but certainly could because he's forgotten striking defence based on the fights of his I've seen recently)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Any combination of Conor, Khabib and Ferguson would be good. Always seems to be some issue preventing Khabib and Ferguson fighting each other.

Not sure how much motivation Conor has to fight Nate a third time. I feel that rivalry was well rounded off with the second fight.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I've not been watching UFC for that long (about a couple of years) but that was one of the best cards I've seen. Never watched it before GSP left the sport, so this was the first time I had seen a full fight of is and was very impressed.

Instant fan of Rose :thumbsup:. She has a great attitude and the ability to back it up.

Glad that TJ won too. Really don't like Garbrandt.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I've not been watching UFC for that long (about a couple of years) but that was one of the best cards I've seen. Never watched it before GSP left the sport, so this was the first time I had seen a full fight of is and was very impressed.

Instant fan of Rose :thumbsup:. She has a great attitude and the ability to back it up.

Glad that TJ won too. Really don't like Garbrandt.
Man I don't know if you've watched the buildup. I like Joanna but she really crossed the line here. She bullied Rose on every single occasion and really went too far when she called Rose mentally unstable whose father in fact suffered from schizophrenia. When Rose dropped Joanna the first time me and my brothers went nuts! When she dropped her again we were screaming like absolute maniacs. It was one of my all time favorite MMA moments ever. I've been only watching it for like 2 years closely so far so I was also curious about GSP coming back in a heavier division and it was an awesome fight. I think it could have gone either way and the momentum was definitely on Bisping's side when GSP landed that left hook and choked him out shortly after. Gotta say I hated Bisping in the build up but gained a whole lot of respect for him after the fight. He was just hustling and trying to build up the fight. I am also glad TJ beat Cody. Super satisfying turn of events again. I actually think that Cody is the more dangerous fighter and he nearly ended the fight in the first round but the instructions to throw more leg kicks from TJ's corner were on point. Totally changed the fight. Can't stand Cody with his weird eyebrows either.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I heard about Joanna in the build-up although didn't see any of it. But she is notorious for this type of behaviour so I am not surprised. Rose was such a contrast. Loved her post-fight talk. :thumbsup:

One problem I have with the UFC in general is the acceptance for douchiness and a lack of class from a lot of the fighters. Boxing is really my contact sport, and although you do get shit-talking in the build up to fights on the whole it is a lot more classy IMO. I get that some of this is played up to help sell the fights but it does nothing for me.

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Looks to be the end of the road for Overeem, unless he wants to be some kind of gatekeeper in the heavyweight division.

Francis Ngannou - Stipe Miocic coming up in 2018

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
My oh my Khabib Nurmagomedov is a complete nightmare in the octagon. He just completely toyed with the #4 lightweight on earth and brutally punched his face for three rounds straight. Absolutely on a whole other level to the rest of the guys. Conor will not enter this division again. Can't really blame him though. Who'd want to experience this?

·
Registered
59,048 Posts

On this weekend!

What's the usual time for the main event? NY time then...I'll figure out what it is European time.

2101 - 2120 of 2152 Posts