Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 2152 Posts

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use this thread for general discussion and chit chat.

I'm watching WEC 45 at the moment which is a very exciting promotion. Every fight basically consists of 2 guys just absolutely going for it, usually w/ reckless abandon.

Anyone watch this?

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
Yeah, I did. Cerrone v Ratcliff was pretty good. Pickett winning via Peruvian necktie was amazing. WEC is always good.

·
15,405 Posts
All of them. They are all worth watching. Strikeforce's show as well last week. Melendez v Thompson to unify the Lightweight Title might have been the fight of the year. Truly epic stuff...

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone catch Dynamite? Loads of stuff up on youtube.

Aoki bout was insane. Won't spoil it but you have to watch this video.

[tub]avCsi0uzJW8[/tub]

·
15,405 Posts
Alistair Overeem is a beast. He destroyed Fujits with a MASSIVE Knee. It happens at 1:40 of the video...

[tub]tJVk58rlaZg[/tub]​

Good article over on the Head Kick Legend website. I like what they said about Overeem and his steroid allegations (I'm a big Overeem fan obviously):

There are three big stories coming out of Dynamite!! 2009, the most minor being Alistair Overeem. What Overeem did to Kazuyuki Fujita last night was not a surprise, as Fujita's best years are behind him, and the man that rocked Fedor is simply too old to be a factor at this point and showed actual fear when facing down The Dutch Cyclone. The knee Overeem landed was right on the money, connecting on his temple and causing the once proud Fujita to be carried out on a stretcher in a scene nobody would predict given Fujita's history. Of course the talk with Overeem always falls back upon steroids; is Overeem on steroids, should his heavyweight run not count because it's clear he is on something, how did he get so big? Nobody except for Alistair Overeem and his team really know for sure, but people seem to neglect the fact that Bas Boon has stated Overeem was unable to weight train while fighting at Light Heavyweight as he was already a whopping 230 pounds and had to cut to 205.

So, if you consider that now he weighs in the ballpark of 255 or 260, I'm not sure that 30 pounds of lean muscle over the course of half a decade is that far of a stretch. I find it odd that Overeem does this over the course of a few years and he is clearly shooting up every drug known to man he can get his hands on, while Frank Mir recently stated that he put on upwards of 20 pounds of lean muscle in just over 5 months and fans seem quick to just accept this fact and move on, as Frank Mir has been over 260 pounds in the past. Professional athletes sometimes have bodies that operate different than the average person's and they dedicate their lives to what makes them money; their bodies.

Here is the full article... http://www.headkicklegend.com/2009/12/31/1228764/dynamite-2009-in-the-books-arms

·
Registered
27,377 Posts
what a douchebag Aoki is. I enjoy watching the video where Sakurai knees the crap out of his little head every once in a while.

·
15,405 Posts
Overeem was fighting a midget compared to him. Not overly impressive imo. Wish he would stop ducking Fedor.
They are fighting in May/June/July more than likely. He has one fight left on his K-1 contract, which will take place in March. After that, he will return to Strikeforce. Fedor is fighting in April, so I think it will be a June/July fight (barring any injuries).

Overeem and his agent have both said publicly that this is their plan.

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Complete mismatches though - Overeems fight and also Mousasi's against the ancient Gary Goodridge.

Brutal KO once again though from Overeem

·
15,405 Posts
Yeah, the Mousasi fight was a joke. I wish it would have been under K-1 rules, which was the original plan...

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
ufc 108 in a few hours.

Not the best of fight lists, but Evans v Silva should be really good, both really need to get their careers back on their track and simply can't afford another loss.

My pick for fighter to dominate the heavyweight division this decade in Junior dos santos is fighting as well vs yvel.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
overeem fight was just a show, people payed to see him knock out a old Fujita. Can´t wait untill Overeem fights a top HW so the hype dies.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Wtf was Silva doing? Had Rashad hurt and started showboating rather than going for the kill when he was clearly going to lose a decision, retard.

Daley continues smashing people, hope he gets to lose to Kos next, interesting fight IMO.

Gomi looked amusingly awkward.

·
15,405 Posts
UFC 108. Meh. It was alright.

UFC has a real problem though. Dynamite!!, while it was technically 31 December, was amazing.

Strikeforce show on 30 Janaury has Nick Diaz v Marius Zaromskis for the Welterweight Title, Cyborg, Bobby Lashely, and possibly Robbie Lawler will all fight.

WEC has Varner v Henderson to unify the Lightweight Title. Urijah Faber makes his comeback, as well as former Featherweight Champion Mike Brown.

For me, the UFC comes last out of all these events. February doesn't look too good for them either. They have two events, but neither is that special tbh. They are lucky that WEC won't have an event next month, and that atm Strikeforce won't either.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
****ing hell, Silva is a complete moron. Showboating when he was 2 rounds down. My god. I mean his cardio was terrible but man he should have put Rashad's lights out when he had the chance.

Not impressed with Silva, at all. Bad takedown defence and he looked slow as hell.

1 - 20 of 2152 Posts