Manuel Pamić (Red Bull Salzburg)

Info about him on: English, Croatian

Anas Sharbini (Rijeka)

Manager:

Slaven Bilic

--

Just a little welcome thread to all visitors that will visit this forum in next 2 months :)

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So.. Bilic announced official 23 + 2 players. IMO its good squad. Perhaps Krizanac instead of Vejic but that doesn't really matter since neither of them would actually play. Glad to see Pamic and Sharbini going as well.

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
no surprises to the squad really, at the end of the day if guys like Vejic, Leko etc.. have to play we are in trouble :D My other slight concern is the lack of firepower off the bench, say we're down by a goal late, outside of Rakitic I don't see a game changer. And remember, I am going in negatively, I expect Croatia will exit the groups :(

Good thread

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Can anyone fill me in about Vejic and Pamic? No idea about them whatsoever...
vejic is a defender central not really young he's 30. plays in russia in tom tomsk. at one point he was linked to bigger clubs like lokomotiv moscow but tomsk asked too much and when vejic said he won't renew his contract with tomsk so that he could leave for a bigger club for free tomsk kicked him out of the 1st team and i guess he couldn't find club that met his demands so he renewed contract with tomsk. in hnl played for zagreb and rijeka. 1 cap for croatia in a friendly against norway in rijeka. strengths are headers.

pamic is 21 year old left full back who can also be used as a left winger. currently in red bull salzburg where he moved this january. in hnl played for istra and rijeka. regular croatia u21 member. strengths are work ethic and speed.

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
Vejic also played for Hajduk (captain as well), and ever since he left the team has been a disaster. He left only days before the Debrecen debacle, I remember it being a very big deal at the time, the front cover of SN was always some stupid Ciro quote or Vejic

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Vejic also played for Hajduk (captain as well), and ever since he left the team has been a disaster. He left only days before the Debrecen debacle, I remember it being a very big deal at the time, the front cover of SN was always some stupid Ciro quote or Vejic
yeah ciro always blamed that stupid transfer fee part in vejic's contract for the debacle against debrecen. the truth is that yes vejic was surely much better than granic and zilic, but we didn't lose because vejic left. year earlier we had both neretljak and vejic, we've had the best defense in hnl at the time and we still went out to shelbourne. hajduk was a disaster in that season as well but we still won the title because well everyone else was even more crap and there was also some dodgy things between hajduk and varteks.

in truth hajduk has been a disaster since 2004 when vulic got sacked 3 rounds before the end. then andric, deranja & miladin left and we tried to fill in for them by bringing dinamo's rejects and dodgy foreigners or in other words guys like danijel hrman, mate dragicevic, bulend biscevic, mirza mesic, goran talevski.... instead of giving our youngsters like grivicic, lakic and others a chance. we simply kept selling our best players like pletikosa, srna, rapajic, andric, neretljak, vejic... and kept brining in guys who took big contracts, but weren't good enough to replace them. thats why hajduk has been a disaster.

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
I know it's still a month away, but does anybody have a clue which shirts we are using for each of the group games?

I assume against Germany no matter what we will wear the away blue, not sure about the other two. I just hope they can wear the home shirts at least once, but we saw in World Cup 2006 it didn't help :pp

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I know it's still a month away, but does anybody have a clue which shirts we are using for each of the group games?

I assume against Germany no matter what we will wear the away blue, not sure about the other two. I just hope they can wear the home shirts at least once, but we saw in World Cup 2006 it didn't help :pp
Blue for all 3. Infact, the only time we might be able to play with the home kit is in the Finals or against Portugal. Portugals kit is more of a maroon red so we might get away with that one.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

Austria we are the away team so Blue.
Germany we are home team so maybe checkers.
Poland we are away team so Blue.

Doesn't look to good for the home jersey.. :cecco:

Interesting new smiley.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Austria we are the away team so Blue.
Germany we are home team so maybe checkers.
Poland we are away team so Blue.

Doesn't look to good for the home jersey.. :cecco:

Interesting new smiley.
Germanys tops are white home and red away. So according to articles I've read Cro can't play them with the checkers. Think Cro playing England in the qualifiers. Both times we were in the Blu kit. I think this is the reason Nike rushed out to reveal and sell the blue kit first because the chances of us not playing in the blue kit is slim.

Hope what I read was wrong though, it would be n ice to see some games in the home kit. I guess we will just have to make the finals ;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Germanys tops are white home and red away. So according to articles I've read Cro can't play them with the checkers. Think Cro playing England in the qualifiers. Both times we were in the Blu kit. I think this is the reason Nike rushed out to reveal and sell the blue kit first because the chances of us not playing in the blue kit is slim.

Hope what I read was wrong though, it would be n ice to see some games in the home kit. I guess we will just have to make the finals ;)
Actually, I think Nike introduced the away kits to all their sponsored teams first..then the home kits. I think its a conspiracy that we're playing against teams that have red tops!!!!! :D I blame Ante Pavelic.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Actually, I think Nike introduced the away kits to all their sponsored teams first..then the home kits. I think its a conspiracy that we're playing against teams that have red tops!!!!! :D I blame Ante Pavelic.
:dielaugh:

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
I like Austria's black kit, I actually think Croatia should take that idea and use it as a third shirt, or at least as a goalkeeping shirt. Though I don't think that's their home shirt

I personally would like to see the home shirt at least once, its unfortunate so many teams in Europe have similar colors, we need to bring the Africa and Jamaica colors to Europe ;) :pp

·
Registered
9,102 Posts

If we have to, we have to!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I read 10? of the 16 teams have a top that's red/lot of red.

Czech
Port
Switz
Turk
Aus
Croatia
Germ
Pol
Russ
Spain
It's also likely the Neth jersey wouldn't be compatible with a red kit.

Also, for anyone that's interested - 5 Nike, 5 Adidas, 5 Puma, 1 Umbro kit in the finals.

Update - Fra has a red kit now too. F this with teams changing away from their traditional colours. Anyone thinking we need a black shirt is bonkers.

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
why not, part of our vast history :lala: :D

I said as a third jersey, meaning they wear once every cycle in a friendly match, also personally I am a big fan of black, but not in the summer :D

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I read 10? of the 16 teams have a top that's red/lot of red.

Czech
Port
Switz
Turk
Aus
Croatia
Germ
Pol
Russ
Spain
It's also likely the Neth jersey wouldn't be compatible with a red kit.

Also, for anyone that's interested - 5 Nike, 5 Adidas, 5 Puma, 1 Umbro kit in the finals.

Update - Fra has a red kit now too. F this with teams changing away from their traditional colours. Anyone thinking we need a black shirt is bonkers.
Couldn't agree more about the shirts....just to make a buck. And why would Croatia incorporate a black shirt, when it's not even on the flag?

And I don't care what anyone says....Ivica Olic is a dead ringer for a young Vladimir Putin with long locks.

Cheersch

1 - 20 of 42 Posts