Xtratime Community banner

2921 - 2940 of 2941 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
germany-ukraine 2-0.

great first half ukraine,second half germany was better.

deserve win by germany,2-1 would be fair.pyatov was great.

let's hope this late goal conceeded doesn't cost you the second place.

north ireland-poland 0-1

next for ukraine a must win game against north ireland.

·
Dzyubaphile
6,598 Posts
Great first half but completely folded in the second. But getting anything against Germany was always going to be a bonus, the group basically begins now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Lots of positives to take from that. A few good chances to score, good defending, a 1st goal conceded from a free kick which the referee got wrong and still in the game until the very end. In the end the Germans possession tired the players out so they couldn't press as well as they did at the end of the first half. I'm a bit concerned the team's physical condition isn't great because they were pretty deep for most of the first half, hopefully I'm wrong. Fomenko got the selection right too, unlike him to go for someone like Kovalenko but he played quite well overall, Sydorchuk was decent at times as protection too, and at one point he nutmegged 3 players in about 20 seconds which was barely believable! Pyatov had a decent game too, he only had one bizarre moment on about 70 minutes when he was absolutely nowhere near a corner!

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Lovely display from your side. This team is very dangerous on the set pieces but they should work a bit harder on the counters. Could do a lot of damage there since you guys have several guys that are good on the ball. Hopefully you guys can romp Northern Ireland get a couple goals in and avoid conceding anything. That team sucks and you guys should have your way with them. Then setup a beautiful match with Poland. That right there IMHO... I predict to be the best group match of the Euros. Both teams have been attacking relentlessly and we can see a lot of scoring opportunities. Fun.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Great first half but completely folded in the second. But getting anything against Germany was always going to be a bonus, the group basically begins now.
At one point the passing was like 190 to 50 in the 1st half but the last 15-20 min of the half was impressive, we had about 5 chances to Germany's 3 (if you want to count their goal from a phantom foul).

2nd half I think it was a mix of Germany's possession tiring us out and our coach being very conservative knowing Poland only won by 1 goal, figured just keep the goal difference down and maybe get lucky and score. Some of the passing in the 2nd half was pathetic, wayward for no reason. 1st half we probably should've been leading by a goal not losing, unlucky and not quite good enough.

So dumb we got scored on at the end like that. The ball from Rakitsky to Yarmolenko could've maybe led to a goal but I think it was Mustafi with the acrobatic clearance to spring the counter.

Lots of positives to take from that. A few good chances to score, good defending, a 1st goal conceded from a free kick which the referee got wrong and still in the game until the very end. In the end the Germans possession tired the players out so they couldn't press as well as they did at the end of the first half. I'm a bit concerned the team's physical condition isn't great because they were pretty deep for most of the first half, hopefully I'm wrong. Fomenko got the selection right too, unlike him to go for someone like Kovalenko but he played quite well overall, Sydorchuk was decent at times as protection too, and at one point he nutmegged 3 players in about 20 seconds which was barely believable! Pyatov had a decent game too, he only had one bizarre moment on about 70 minutes when he was absolutely nowhere near a corner!
That was a phantom free kick and the worst part a few minutes later Mustafi clattered into Pyatov with no abandon and he didn't call a foul!! They usually call the softest fouls for goalies, he was legit rattled laying on the ground with our goal open and Germans with the ball at the 18, pathetic. England don't just suck on the field their refs do to I guess :roll eyes:

Pleasantly surprised he played Kovalenko that's cool. I was pissed Sidorchuk even made the team so I was surprised at Roberto Martinez praising him before the game (must've played really well for Dynamo v. Everton last season :D). That triple meg was insane lol, he did ok but still not sure if he was a better option than Rotan???

Pyatov was good apart from that 1 play lol I remember that, ridiculous.

Lovely display from your side. This team is very dangerous on the set pieces but they should work a bit harder on the counters. Could do a lot of damage there since you guys have several guys that are good on the ball. Hopefully you guys can romp Northern Ireland get a couple goals in and avoid conceding anything. That team sucks and you guys should have your way with them. Then setup a beautiful match with Poland. That right there IMHO... I predict to be the best group match of the Euros. Both teams have been attacking relentlessly and we can see a lot of scoring opportunities. Fun.
Cool to hear you enjoyed our game, I thought we were boring and too pragmatic in the 2nd half. Even in the 1st half we pinched our fullbacks in so tight and made Konoplyanka & Yarmolenko have to track back into fullback roles all game long, still somehow we created more chances than them and had a few nice spells.

I also had that Ukraine v. Poland game @ Veledrome circled for a while. Could be a helluva game.

really proud of the team
a little worryied we might shit it in against nth ireland
Lol me too. That would totally be us. If you think back to qualifiers we always struggle with teams like this and end up finishing 2nd and going to the playoffs cause we can't beat a Moldova, Armenia, N. Ireland away from home. We dominate but our quality in the final 3rd always lets us down.

Only positive I can take is that we did score 4 on Romania and could've scored multiple goals on Germany in the 1st half. So somehow seem to be getting in positions to score. Hope we can score early and then it would make the job much easier, maybe win by 2 or 3 and hopefully Germany wins by a couple too. Would give us the edge over Poland then, can draw them and finish 2nd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys think 3 points will be enough to advance to the knockout rounds?

Will probly need to work on that goal difference vs. Northern Ireland ..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
You guys think 3 points will be enough to advance to the knockout rounds?

Will probly need to work on that goal difference vs. Northern Ireland ..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Yea highly doubt 3 will be enough, just depends on results of other games. We are in Pot C so will have to sweat it out waiting for other teams who know what they'll need to beat us. Maybe even 4 won't be enough with an average goal difference who knows?

We really need to beat N. Ireland tmrw by 3 goals and hopefully Germany win as well. That would let us go into the Poland game only needed a tie to finish 2nd. Maybe even can even agree on a tie with Poland beforehand if they think 4 pts would get them through lol :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
we suck at football and it is not our sport lol
like cant even beat one of worst teams in tournament
0 fitness 0 fight what a joke even russia managed to fight for draw against england
bullshit when our team on paper should be making quarter

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
**** that shit never
holy shit our forum is dead everyone in hiding after the exit
no wonder our country is ****ed lol
Lol for sure, plus see below. Hot night in Lviv tonight, great day for Ukraine doubleheader with the u20 advancing to semifinals, absolutely demoralizing opponents with speed, physicality & toughness. Basically like a mafia boxing squad with insane stamina, running around like wild centaurs :proud:

I think it might be the fine management of this website that killed everyone's accounts :proud:
Losing to N. Ireland was so pathetic I tried to log back in but wasn't worth the trouble :howler:

Today a worthy day to revive this thread like the phoenix. Sheva has them lads buzzing

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Good thing Shevchenko wasn't fired after the previous failed campaign and that stupid loss to Croatia at home, not saying he is necessarily the right coach to lead Ukraine forward but so far so good.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Good thing Shevchenko wasn't fired after the previous failed campaign and that stupid loss to Croatia at home, not saying he is necessarily the right coach to lead Ukraine forward but so far so good.
Tough group...Europe is brutal

Ukraine u20 xloptsi just beat Italy to advance to u20 World Cup gold medal game wow, heroic stuff

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Ukraine are World Champions, winners of the FIFA u20 World Cup

Hard to even believe, what a fantastic achievement. Hopefully more glory days to come :proud:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Atalanta with 1 of the great under the radar signing of the summer so far, Malinovsky from Genk for aobut $15M, the kid is a late bloomer who is playing very good footy lately. Atalanta qualified for Champs League for the 1st time in their history, hopefully he carves out a role in the team

2921 - 2940 of 2941 Posts