Xtratime Community banner

2901 - 2920 of 2941 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
So pissed he took Sidorchuk, that boy is a wuss puss. Would've preferred either Malyshev or Skahkov over him. I think this was maybe political, already 12 Shakhtar players in the team, would've been 13 with Malyshev and only 4 from Dynamo :rolleyes:

What position does Karavaev play is he a winger? I was calling for Gusiev not to get called up but now feel sad lol, he was so instrumental for us in 2006. Very unlike conservative Fomenko to do something proactive like this.

Budkivsky over Kravets another choice I didn't expect. Kravets pace and touch was useful to have, I really don't know much about Budkivsky, is he a similar type of player?
13 shakhtar players?:D,man you can not count the loan players for now.

i count seven.

Yeah Sidorchuk should not be in,a winger was needed husiev or petryak.

Kravets was a joke in stuttgart,anyway zozula and seleznov will fight for the starting pos.

Karavaev will be a subs in two pos,right winger and left winger that's why he goes.

so in the end of the day for me husiev and petryak in,timochuk and sidorchuk out.

Ukraine too short on wingers.

this team will go as further has konoplyanka and yarmolenko can go,i expect last 16,last 8 is possible after that it is the end of the road.

·
Registered
300 Posts
How can Fomenko disrespect Husiev like this, 3rd most capped player and not too old. Karavaev is no prospect and Husiev beats him in technical ability, versatility and Experience.. Even Petryak looks to have more potential.

And as bad as Kravets has been, Budkivskiy is a walking tree, from what I've seen..Kravets is miles better with the ball at his feet.
And I guess we all agree on Sydorchuk..

I would make 4 changes..Husiev, Petryak, Malyshev and Kravets for Timo, Karavaev, Sydor and Budkivskiy.

Also Id like to add that it's great that we can have these discussions...Fomenko has at least a deep mid field to choose from, Where as Blokhin didn't have much of anything 4 years ago, So I do think that his squad is overall better then 4 years ago.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
13 shakhtar players?:D,man you can not count the loan players for now.

Kravets was a joke in stuttgart,anyway zozula and seleznov will fight for the starting pos.

Karavaev will be a subs in two pos,right winger and left winger that's why he goes.

this team will go as further has konoplyanka and yarmolenko can go,i expect last 16,last 8 is possible after that it is the end of the road.
They are Shakhtar academy players right? A lot of time and resources was put in to make that academy elite, those players are in the NT because they were bred in Shakhtar, same with Yurchenko once he gets in the squad.

Nice to have somebody with versatility given our RB & LB spots are a weakness. Btw no way Butko starts v. Germany, Fedetsky has too much big game experience for Dnipro and been the NT starter for so long (he shut down Ribery when people were calling for Ribery to win Balon d'Or). If he has a bad game maybe Butko will play one of the next 2 games.

If Greece & Denmark can win anything is possible, just need strong defense and some luck. Ukraine's problem is always decision making and finishing in the final 3rd. We've seen Ukraine play well with England, France & Spain the last few years, story is always wasted opportunities. Likely won't change but if it does and we remain a stout defensive side we are difficult for anyone to beat.

How can Fomenko disrespect Husiev like this, 3rd most capped player and not too old. Karavaev is no prospect and Husiev beats him in technical ability, versatility and Experience.. Even Petryak looks to have more potential.

And as bad as Kravets has been, Budkivskiy is a walking tree, from what I've seen..Kravets is miles better with the ball at his feet.
And I guess we all agree on Sydorchuk..

I would make 4 changes..Husiev, Petryak, Malyshev and Kravets for Timo, Karavaev, Sydor and Budkivskiy.

Also Id like to add that it's great that we can have these discussions...Fomenko has at least a deep mid field to choose from, Where as Blokhin didn't have much of anything 4 years ago, So I do think that his squad is overall better then 4 years ago.
Sounds like Karavaev is the backup winger and LB. If we took Gusiev probably would've had to take Kamenyuka and had to leave off Zinchenko (or Sidorchuk lol). Hope he's a little better than you give him credit for, honestly haven't watched much UPL in the past 2 years, will go back and try to find extended highlights of Zorya v. Shakhtar/Dnipro/Dynamo and study up a bit.

So Budkivsky is a big target striker? Is he at least good in the air? Maybe that's why we got him, chasing a game late, someone we can cross the ball into, not a bad thing to have as an emergency option, unless he's awful.

Blokhin is such a moron, he started Mykhailyk & Selin the first 2 games of Euro lol, only against England did he finally put in Rakitsky & Garmash. We have more quality and pace now, just wish Malyshev went instead of Sidorchuk that really pisses me off. 13 Shakhtar players too much tho for Dynamo's little hearts to take :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yup, pretty sure we all agree on Sydorchuk.. And I'm not convinced that fighting between Yarmolenko and Stepanenko is a good enough reason to bring Tymoschuk. We've got Andriy Shevchenko, the coaches and other experienced players to help with that.. Maybe Tymo will be useful, I'm not sure how he's playing in Kairat but he's 37 now..

Karavaev, I think he's been decent this year and can play in a few positions. Agree on Kravets being better than Budkivskiy, even though Kravets hasn't played much this year he was good last year, and Budkivskiy's a bit of a beanpole really.. The main justification for Budkivskiy is his use as a target man from crosses, but Kravets' all round game's better, and there's a already Zozulya and Seleznyov who are quite physical strikers. Overall I think I'd probably have had Husyev in for Sydorchuk since there's enough central midfielders in there, Malyshev for Tymoschuk and Kravets in for Budkivskiy.

Agree that it's a better squad now though. Zinchenko and Kovalenko are two great joker options to have, and good midfield options. So the squad's got a decent defence, some good midfielders, Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka and then exciting players like Kovalenko who can do something different :thumbsup (1):

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Yup, pretty sure we all agree on Sydorchuk.. And I'm not convinced that fighting between Yarmolenko and Stepanenko is a good enough reason to bring Tymoschuk. We've got Andriy Shevchenko, the coaches and other experienced players to help with that.. Maybe Tymo will be useful, I'm not sure how he's playing in Kairat but he's 37 now..

Karavaev, I think he's been decent this year and can play in a few positions. Agree on Kravets being better than Budkivskiy, even though Kravets hasn't played much this year he was good last year, and Budkivskiy's a bit of a beanpole really.. The main justification for Budkivskiy is his use as a target man from crosses, but Kravets' all round game's better, and there's a already Zozulya and Seleznyov who are quite physical strikers. Overall I think I'd probably have had Husyev in for Sydorchuk since there's enough central midfielders in there, Malyshev for Tymoschuk and Kravets in for Budkivskiy.

Agree that it's a better squad now though. Zinchenko and Kovalenko are two great joker options to have, and good midfield options. So the squad's got a decent defence, some good midfielders, Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka and then exciting players like Kovalenko who can do something different :thumbsup (1):
With Sheva there I guess we don't necessarily need Tymo but I think as fans we underestimate the power of having strong leadership figures around the team. These guys spend 1 whole month together, and its different having a coaching leader and a teammate as a leader.

Tymo displaced boyhood club legend Arshavin of his captaincy at Zenit almost immediately. Van Gaal treated Tymo like a dog to get him to probably ask for a transfer and leave, Tymo instead just worked even harder in practice though he never got to sniff the field, by the end of the season stubborn mule of a man Van Gaal grew to respect Tymo and gave him playing time. As fans I think we have hardly got a clue about that aspect of the game. The game before the game. Tymo is worthless on the field but still important to the squad in day to day activity. Sets an example for other teammates to follow.

Lets hope we get through today's friendly without any injuries and bag a few more goals in. Hopefully Pyatov is forced to make a few good saves and gets his confidence back up.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
awful defending by ukraine,shevchuk first and pyatov is a joke!:facepalm:...yeah it was a 1 to 1 but the ball pass though his hands.

Sidorchuk starting......:D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
albania doesn't look inferior to ukraine....

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
sidorchuk likely is the worst player at the euro.

And harmash forget how to play football with Rebrov.

·
Registered
300 Posts
3-1 is a good result maybe not the fairest but I did think a win was deserved..

I Thought Kono was our best player got on the ball a lot, created all chances and scored, Yarmola looked average, Garmash and Sydorchuk should not be starters, the former looks like he doesn't care and the latter just isn't good enough. Butko looked to play well with Kono, So I might slightly favor him to 37 year old Shevchuk. Zozulya looks like the starting Forward to me. Pyatov still looks shit. Kovalenko and Zinchenko look like they might get some playing time at the Euro...

Generally I think we look almost ready..Still have to figure out the mid, Garmash and Rybalka very disappointing these friendlies.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
So we win 3-1 yet reading from kleber comments its like we are a lost hope lol?

Lineup v. Germany is fairly predictable:
----------------Pyatov :)facepalm:)----------------

Fedetsky, Khacheridi, Rakitsky (Kucher), Shevchuk

Stepanenko, Rotan, Garmash (Kovalenko)

Yarmolenko, Zozulya, Konoplyanka

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
1st goal Shevchuk should've went for the header and Rakitsky stayed back, stupid decision and of course Pyatov continues with his shocking display wow we are in fvcking trouble with this guy!

The shot off the post is hilarious, I should be pissed but can't help but laugh its so pathetic. Fomenko is a coward for not fazing Boyko in as our starter last fall.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
All dynamo players look average at best.

no suprise being coach by Rebrov.

Fomenko will bunker against Germany so i expect stepanenko,rotan and sidorchuk against them.

Zinchenko and Kovalenko will play in the following games.

Konoplyanka best player by far in this friendlies.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
1st goal Shevchuk should've went for the header and Rakitsky stayed back, stupid decision and of course Pyatov continues with his shocking display wow we are in fvcking trouble with this guy!

The shot off the post is hilarious, I should be pissed but can't help but laugh its so pathetic. Fomenko is a coward for not fazing Boyko in as our starter last fall.

he should have used boiko and shevchenko in this friendlies.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i think we will have a good tournament just need to make sure we dont let any shots go on target by opposition haha
cant wait so rare to see us at a major tournament and i think this team is not far from 2006 team in quality

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
i think we will have a good tournament just need to make sure we dont let any shots go on target by opposition haha
cant wait so rare to see us at a major tournament and i think this team is not far from 2006 team in quality
Yea I should be more excited I don't think its hit me yet. Will be coming fast and hard once it starts. We have potential but some big faults too. Looking forward to see how we do with a powerhouse like Germany than weaker team in N. Ireland and a team at our level like Poland. Finishing 2nd would be great, not an easy group.

2006 squad was kinda weak man. Yezersky and Svidersky. Vaschuk sucked too, Blokhin an idiot kept Rotan on the bench :howler: Plus Sheva wasn't the same coming off the knee injury. The first 15 min of the 2nd half v. Italy in the quarterfinals was pure class tho, we should've drew level twice, unlucky.

2901 - 2920 of 2941 Posts