Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, our entrant started their European adventure. Chornomorets beat Dacia of Moldova 2-0. Not always a pretty game, but 2-0 was deserved overall. Good goals by Gai and Antonov actually.

Today the draws were made:

CL 2nd qualifying
PAOK vs Metalist Kharkiv

EL 3rd qualifying
Chornomorets Odesa/FC Dacia Chisinau v FK Crvena Zvezda /ÍBV Vestmannaeyjar
Kukësi /FK Sarajevo v Metalurh Donetsk

Tough draw for Chornomorets. Metalist will probably overcome PAOK and Metalurh Donetsk should be fine.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I was typing this while Kleber posted his! Delete one of them footyfan please

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
it was not a good draw for chudo and metalist.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Sorry I was typing this while Kleber posted his! Delete one of them footyfan please
Haha you guys are killing me! Btw did the last one delete? I can still see it on my screen but prolly cause its a mod screen.

it was not a good draw for chudo and metalist.
I agree. Without looking at the other possible opponents, seems like PAOK is a bad draw for Metalist. They have 2 rounds to go through to advance to the group stage?

How about Chudo? How many rounds will they need to qualify, 2? Dnipro just 1 hopefully? I didn't realize we qualified last year until after we won cause we usually require 2 rounds to qualify :howler:

Did Ukraine keep the same UEFA ranking or did we drop back a spot?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Haha you guys are killing me! Btw did the last one delete? I can still see it on my screen but prolly cause its a mod screen.

I agree. Without looking at the other possible opponents, seems like PAOK is a bad draw for Metalist. They have 2 rounds to go through to advance to the group stage?

How about Chudo? How many rounds will they need to qualify, 2? Dnipro just 1 hopefully? I didn't realize we qualified last year until after we won cause we usually require 2 rounds to qualify :howler:

Did Ukraine keep the same UEFA ranking or did we drop back a spot?
both chudo and metalist two more rounds,dnipro one.

13/14 9
14/15 7
15/16 9 for now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha sorry again! Yes the thread did disappear. Maybe we should scrap one of the "Arsenal Kyiv: Fake history" threads.

Yes Ukraine dropped a couple of places behind the Netherlands and Russia. A good year of about 10 points is needed otherwise Belgium could overtake us and 10th place means we get one less spot in the Europa League.

I just realised that Lucas, the ex-Karpaty player (and a good one) signed for PAOK. Metalist should be alright. Certainly they'll be helped by the match being played behind closed doors. Greek football also isn't doing very well at the moment, partly due to their faltering economy. Last year Panathinaikos didn't even finish in the top 4 and I think AEK Athens were relegated!

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
paok-metalist 0-2

devic with the goals.

today,chornomorets-crvena zvezda,kukes-metalurh donetsk.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
odessa-cvrena zvezda 3-1
kukes-m.donetsk 2-0

pathetic metadon.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Lollllll

Metalist getting eliminating by kukes is really bad, do they suck this bad?
metalurh.:D

yes better not be anymore in the european comp,a plastic club with no fans supported by a milionaire but does nothing in europe.

still they are ukraine fifth squad.

next chornomorets, if ukraine loses metalist it can be a poor european season for ukraine,worst than last year.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
metalurh.:D

yes better not be anymore in the european comp,a plastic club with no fans supported by a milionaire but does nothing in europe.

still they are ukraine fifth squad.

next chornomorets, if ukraine loses metalist it can be a poor european season for ukraine,worst than last year.
Pretty much. Some of their attacking play towards the end after the red card was clueless. I don't think they'll be 5th this year. Chornomorets have probably surpassed them.

Chornomorets are also half way through on their way to the play-offs. Bezotosniy made a great penalty save. Good reliable goalkeeper

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
if odessa pass likely they will be seeded in the play off.

they need to hold on and expect slask not to lose by more than one in belgium.

bruges-slask 0-1,ht.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
congrats odessa and to top it they are the last seeded team in the play off.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if odessa pass likely they will be seeded in the play off.

they need to hold on and expect slask not to lose by more than one in belgium.

bruges-slask 0-1,ht.
Chornomorets are through! Brilliant defensive performance, well led by Berger and Fontanello the two centre backs. I believe they'll be seeded for the play-off round too!

Kleber I saw your comment and I thought there's no way that's right. Chornomorets surely won't be seeded with their coefficient of 9.9. But then there've actually been quite a few surprises. Teams from the smaller countries are improving and have raised their game I guess.

Ironically, Metalurg Donetsk's elimination might actually be good for Ukraine, because Chornomorets wouldn't have been seeded if they advanced. Obviously it's better if Chornomorets reach the group stage. Surely they will now.

And Kukesi's coefficient isn't even above 1 :wallbang:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Chornomorets are through! Brilliant defensive performance, well led by Berger and Fontanello the two centre backs. I believe they'll be seeded for the play-off round too!

Kleber I saw your comment and I thought there's no way that's right. Chornomorets surely won't be seeded with their coefficient of 9.9. But then there've actually been quite a few surprises. Teams from the smaller countries are improving and have raised their game I guess.

Ironically, Metalurg Donetsk's elimination might actually be good for Ukraine, because Chornomorets wouldn't have been seeded if they advanced. Obviously it's better if Chornomorets reach the group stage. Surely they will now.

And Kukesi's coefficient isn't even above 1 :wallbang:
Wow chudo is seeded?! You might be right, metadon losing might be a blessing in disguise cause chudo has a better chance of having success in Europe. Nicely done by them, could be a great year in Europe for Ukraine if we get 2 ucl teams and 3 el representatives. Hopefully everyone gets favorable draws tomorrow

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.