Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
dvr.. that technology is too far ahead of me..I got rid of my cable because I couldn't afford it on a collage student budget, so I stream all my games online.

If Ukraine beat Maynmar and then The USA game will be very intresting.
Yea i have friends who do that too. What are your go to straming sights? I use livetv.ru and firstrowsports, but the ladder is almost completely a virus at this point.

Finally watched the 2nd half, Ukraine could've been scored on in the 46th and 91st min lol but had plenty of chances as well. Looks like we have some classy mids and attackers but their decision making and final product in the final 3rd is lacking. We lack that extra bit of quality. Hopefully they beat Maynmar by a couple goals!

·
Registered
644 Posts
livetv.ru's the one for me too :thumbsup: Bit annoying that result, but beat Myanmar by a good score and better NZ's result against the US and it should be alright.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
livetv.ru's the one for me too :thumbsup: Bit annoying that result, but beat Myanmar by a good score and better NZ's result against the US and it should be alright.
We smashed Myanmar 6-0, all of the goals coming in the 2nd half after Luchkevich made his debut :proud:

Kovalenko 2 goals & 2 assists
Luchkevish 1 goal & 1 assist in 45 minutes. Should have had 2 but his 1st goal my god :eekani:

1k2da1TR810

U.S. beating New Zealand too so advancing from the group looking very likely now. I'm looking forward to the U.S. game to get a feel for how good we actually are, our first 2 opponents have been cake.

·
Registered
644 Posts
We smashed Myanmar 6-0, all of the goals coming in the 2nd half after Luchkevich made his debut :proud:

Kovalenko 2 goals & 2 assists
Luchkevish 1 goal & 1 assist in 45 minutes. Should have had 2 but his 1st goal my god :eekani:

1k2da1TR810

U.S. beating New Zealand too so advancing from the group looking very likely now. I'm looking forward to the U.S. game to get a feel for how good we actually are, our first 2 opponents have been cake.
That first goal from Luchkevych was a peach! Some good play there and good goals although some of the defending was hilarious. Great to have such a good position in the group. Who knows what will happen in the US game, if they can beat NZ easily but only beat Myanmar 2-1.

Could be Ghana or Austria if we get through, Ghana will probably top group B (guessing that's how the qualification works)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I watched the Second half of their game with Myanmar. I was very impressed with Luchkevych, His football IQ is much higher then probably most players in this tournament. Got in good positions, made excellent runs (I didn't realize how fast he was, but it looked like Konoplyanka speed), and that finish was a brilliant idea.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I watched the Second half of their game with Myanmar. I was very impressed with Luchkevych, His football IQ is much higher then probably most players in this tournament. Got in good positions, made excellent runs (I didn't realize how fast he was, but it looked like Konoplyanka speed), and that finish was a brilliant idea.
Haha yea he's really fast, not much strength behind his kicks yet lol but he understands the game pretty well. Has to be the most experienced player in this tourney starting as RW in most of Dnipro's magical Europa campaign :proud:

Big game tonight, can't wait. My 2 teams square off :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
3-0 vs the USA, what a result! Only seen the goals, but all 3 of Kovalenko's hat-trick were quality! Top scorer in the tournament at the moment. It seems like based on what I've seen and heard about him, he could get to a really good level, but is that level Yarmolenko/Konoplyanka or Shevchenko? What do you guys think? The NT's been crying out for a no10 for ages, so here's hoping..

I know they missed a penalty, but 3-0, it's still a great result, along with first place. I think I recall you Footy saying that the US were the favourites, so even better. Were you happy with that outcome?

And maybe that will teach the US not to give the Ukrainian army weapons to fight against Russia :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
3-0 Of-course a really important win as we will now face a 3rd place team in the first knockout round. My thoughts on the game....Complete tactical superiority, I don't know how good this USA team is but Ukraine played like the more experience team (which they are), They attacked the USA weak spots and didn't hold back the pressure. Defensively Ukraine are perfect (0 conceded) and and if they are destined to go far in this tournament its because they can defend individually and collectively. This game will no doubt build confidence going forward.

Diogo..Kovalenko, Very good technique on all three finished, In my opinion I think at 19 years he might be better then Konoplyanka/Yarmolenko at that age. That being said it all depends on how he does with Shakhtar. Yarmola and Kono where first team and NT material by 21. So I really hope he becomes great someday.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
3-0 vs the USA, what a result! Only seen the goals, but all 3 of Kovalenko's hat-trick were quality! Top scorer in the tournament at the moment. It seems like based on what I've seen and heard about him, he could get to a really good level, but is that level Yarmolenko/Konoplyanka or Shevchenko? What do you guys think? The NT's been crying out for a no10 for ages, so here's hoping..

I know they missed a penalty, but 3-0, it's still a great result, along with first place. I think I recall you Footy saying that the US were the favourites, so even better. Were you happy with that outcome?

And maybe that will teach the US not to give the Ukrainian army weapons to fight against Russia :)
Yea great result, they absolutely throttled them. All the talk coming in was of Gedion Zelalem and Emerson Hyndman, these kids still have a long way to go, Ukraine bullied them every which way.

Kovalenko seems a little slow but he's smart, with Garmash in limbo we really need a classy attacking mid to develop. Hopefully its him.

3-0 Of-course a really important win as we will now face a 3rd place team in the first knockout round. My thoughts on the game....Complete tactical superiority, I don't know how good this USA team is but Ukraine played like the more experience team (which they are), They attacked the USA weak spots and didn't hold back the pressure. Defensively Ukraine are perfect (0 conceded) and and if they are destined to go far in this tournament its because they can defend individually and collectively. This game will no doubt build confidence going forward.

Diogo..Kovalenko, Very good technique on all three finished, In my opinion I think at 19 years he might be better then Konoplyanka/Yarmolenko at that age. That being said it all depends on how he does with Shakhtar. Yarmola and Kono where first team and NT material by 21. So I really hope he becomes great someday.
5 or 6 of Ukraine's players were on loan and got about 10 games of true top flight experience. Luchkevich is a down right seasoned veteran. All of U.S. players still in reserves and it showed, Ukraine just physically & technically dominated them.

I remember Konoplyanka at 19, he was extremely good already, I'm not sure Kovalenko is better at this stage apart from goal scoring and maybe decision making.

·
Registered
68,875 Posts
Could be Ghana or Austria if we get through, Ghana will probably top group B (guessing that's how the qualification works)
Ukraine will play one of Senegal or Mali in the R16, looking more likely Senegal unless one of Fiji or Honduras gets an unexpected win

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Ukraine will play one of Senegal or Mali in the R16, looking more likely Senegal unless one of Fiji or Honduras gets an unexpected win
We got Senegal. Tricky matchup I reckon, have you seen them play at all? They will match us in the physical dept. I imagine and probably have an edge in speed. Accurate passing & finishing plus stout defense a must for us to advance.

Sucks the game is on same time as the U.S. I bet it'll be on FS2 which I don't have.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
awful ukraine.

senegal much better.

0-0 57 min.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
poor ref for both sides but ukraine is mediocre,awful defending,awful in senegal goal...kacharaba wth was that?

1-1 85 min.....

1-1 ft,extra time now....

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
ukraine eliminated on the penalties.
Ukraine keeper just a ghost there,lol....

sorry to say but ukraine have no quality in this team.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ukraine eliminated on the penalties.
Ukraine keeper just a ghost there,lol....

sorry to say but ukraine have no quality in this team.
Nonsense. Their equaliser should have been disallowed. What happened with the Burda disallowed goal? I didn't see that. They were better in extra-time though and had more physically, created a few chances and could have easily nicked it. Senegal were a good side though, and they came 3rd in a group with Portugal and Colombia which probably shows they weren't 3rd because of playing badly. As for the penalties, Chumak didn't look confident and then once he missed everyone else mentally crumbled, and looked mentally beaten before it was even over sadly.

Overall there are some good players in this team who could progress to the full NT, and hopefully they've gained a lot from this tournament. :thmbup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
What a shame. I saw the highlights and it seemed like they didn't deserve to lose that one, but that just seems to be the way it goes for Ukrainian teams.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Nonsense. Their equaliser should have been disallowed. What happened with the Burda disallowed goal? I didn't see that. They were better in extra-time though and had more physically, created a few chances and could have easily nicked it. Senegal were a good side though, and they came 3rd in a group with Portugal and Colombia which probably shows they weren't 3rd because of playing badly. As for the penalties, Chumak didn't look confident and then once he missed everyone else mentally crumbled, and looked mentally beaten before it was even over sadly.

Overall there are some good players in this team who could progress to the full NT, and hopefully they've gained a lot from this tournament. :thmbup:
Ukraine were slightly the better side, very interesting game. Tough matchup for us, shame to go out like that, our team was so strong. Kleber is a fool lol.

Thought for sure we'd play Brazil in the semis. What a bummer. Unlucky.

·
Registered
644 Posts
That's tournament football I guess. Really disappointing result in the end, but that's football. But going out on penalties means we went out without losing a game and conceding only 1 goal in 4 matches in the whole tournament. Still pretty good going.

·
Registered
644 Posts
3 defeats out of 3 in the u21 qualifying for Ukraine now, no goals scored. That's this campaign over already, complete disaster..

21 - 40 of 42 Posts