Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Fist time since we won it in 2009 Ukraine will play at the U 19 Euro in Hungary with the top 3 teams in each group qualifying for next years FIFA U 20 World Cup.

Group stage

July 19 2014 Ukraine - Serbia
July 22 2014 Bulgaria - Ukraine
July 25 2014 Germany - Ukraine

Squad--

Воротарі:
Сарнавський Богдан («Шахтар», Донецьк),
Підківка Роман («Карпати», Львів),
Солдатенко Вадим («Динамо», Київ)

Захисники:
Ткачук Юрій,
Осман Олександр (обидва − «Металіст», Харків),
Маркович Андрій («Карпати», Львів),
Качараба Тарас,
Матвієнко Микола (обидва − «Шахтар», Донецьк),
Лук’янчук Павло,
Бурда Микита,
Полегенько Павло (усі − «Динамо», Київ)

Півзахисники:
Коваленко Віктор,
Танковський В’ячеслав,
Габелок Артем,
Адаменко Микита (усі − «Шахтар», Донецьк),
Чумак Євген,
Харатін Ігор (обидва − «Динамо», Київ)

Нападники:
Бесєдін Артем,
Яремчук Роман (обидва − «Динамо», Київ),
Банасевич Максим,
Луканов Дмитро (обидва − «Зоря», Луганськ),
Радченко Артем («Металіст», Харків),
Білоног Дмитро («Шахтар», Донецьк).

So form the players I know Yaremchuk and Radchenko are huge talents for this team and a killer striking pair. Goal-tending should be solid, Pikivka's performance against Scotland was one of the best goal-tending performances I've seen from any Ukrainian goalie at any level. But the most noticeable thing is probably the omission of Sobol :confused:, He is the captain and future LB for Shakhtar and the NT and probably the best in Ukraine of all footballers born in 1995 or later. Don't understand why he wasn't called. Maybe someone can tell me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good news on the U19 front. El capitano Eduard Sobol will be joining the U 19 Euro squad, after the preseason with Shakhtar, meaning that we should now have the strongest squad possible (at least I trust Petrakov) . No excuses, top 3 in the group is a must (even though I'm completely ignorant of the strength of the opposition). Further good news is that the U 19 team (in preparation) beat Dynamo-2 in 2 friendlies. Not a great accomplishment but non the less a confidence booster.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ukraine 1–1 Serbia
Burda Goal 1' Maksimović Goal 7'

Germany 3-0 Bulgaria

Pts
Germany 3
Ukraine 1
Serbia 1
Bulgaria 0

A good point for the team. Not a convincing performance, but Serbia were technically much better, they clearly looked more experienced and are well coached. Not too disappointed with Ukraine, They were out played in 3 out of the 4 last competitive matches and still came away with a 2-2-0 record. With that kind of attitude I believe we can grab points of Bulgaria and then Germany. I'm hoping to see Radchenko play, left out of the squad despite being our top scorer in qualifying, I feel that him and Yaremchuk would be great up front.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Germany 2–2 Serbia
Selke Goal 39' Maksimović Goal 32'
Stark Goal 90+1' Jović Goal 41'

Bulgaria 0-1 Ukraine
Tankovski Goal 89'

Pts
Germany 4
Ukraine 4
Serbia 2
Bulgaria 0

Ukraine has officially qualified for the U 20 world cup next year. And are still trying to reach the semi's in this Euro..Well done to them

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
congrats

ukraine seems to do well in the youth but than this players don't prove themselves at senior level.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats

ukraine seems to do well in the youth but than this players don't prove themselves at senior level.
This this seems to be the case, Garmash is the only one to reach a high level of football from our 2009 championship U 19 squad. And our top players from the 2006 U 21 final squad haven't really become anything special. Pyatov is probably the most consistent from that squad.

This is a problem that goes deep into the system.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ukraine lost to Germany 2-0 in the Final group game finished with 4 points behind Germany's 7 and Serbia's 5.

Didn't know what do expect but they did make the U 20 world cup, not bad.

Hopefully the boys aren't to disappointed, they must realize that performances at the U 19 national level don't really mean anything. Hopefully they keep working hard and don't add their names to the long list of flops that played at the last U 19 euro for us.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Ukraine lost to Germany 2-0 in the Final group game finished with 4 points behind Germany's 7 and Serbia's 5.

Didn't know what do expect but they did make the U 20 world cup, not bad.

Hopefully the boys aren't to disappointed, they must realize that performances at the U 19 national level don't really mean anything. Hopefully they keep working hard and don't add their names to the long list of flops that played at the last U 19 euro for us.
Hopefully having that world cup next year motivates them, that's a big step!

Has Ukraine ever even had a u-20 world cup appearance?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Footyfan you need to clean this forum.....it is a mess.

close threads,stick threads etc....

·
Registered
644 Posts
Big win for Ukraine u21s today. 2-0 vs Switzerland in a crucial qualifier guarantees 2nd place and a place in the next stage of qualifying, which will be a two-legged play-off. I know, Ukraine are rubbish in play-offs but it's possible if the draw's kind. Good to beat Switzerland twice in the group and be one of the best 4 runners up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big win for Ukraine u21s today. 2-0 vs Switzerland in a crucial qualifier guarantees 2nd place and a place in the next stage of qualifying, which will be a two-legged play-off. I know, Ukraine are rubbish in play-offs but it's possible if the draw's kind. Good to beat Switzerland twice in the group and be one of the best 4 runners up.
Yes very important win, looked like the better team all game, I feel confident that whoever this team gets in the playoff they could pull it off, upset or not. It's also a surprisingly deep U21 team, A hand full of key players left out of the starting line or injured but the team was not affected at all.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now that club football is over.. or almost I'm wondering if any of you guys are going to pay attention to the Under 20 world cup. We seem to have a decent team, Burda, Chumak, Besydin, Sobol, Kovalenko and even Luchkevych who is probably on his way to New Zeland right now.

I will be interested to see how some of the best Young footballers of the UPL stack up against the rest of the world.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Now that club football is over.. or almost I'm wondering if any of you guys are going to pay attention to the Under 20 world cup. We seem to have a decent team, Burda, Chumak, Besydin, Sobol, Kovalenko and even Luchkevych who is probably on his way to New Zeland right now.

I will be interested to see how some of the best Young footballers of the UPL stack up against the rest of the world.
Bliznichenko too old? Balanyuk too young for the squad?

Definitely looking forward to watching, fox sports is airing the new zealand match tmrw live! Are we in the same group as U.S.?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bliznichenko too old? Balanyuk too young for the squad?

Definitely looking forward to watching, fox sports is airing the new zealand match tmrw live! Are we in the same group as U.S.?
Bliznichenko is too old and Balanyuk might be to young but Ukraine will also be playing at the U 19 Euro in a month or so. I think Kovalenko is the only one too play in the youth champions league final, but many of those players should play in the U 19 Euro.

I will also watch the New Zeland game. USA is also there and from what I hear they are favorites to top the group.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yeah definitely, a rare opportunity to participate in this u-20 tournament. Could be really good, with some good players going as you say :thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I must correct my earlier statement. I didn't realize how bad our U 20 team is, but in fairness I rarely watch youth football. They might just be below the level of New Zealand which is embarrassing.

That being said I'm defiantly not going to stay up to watch their next two games.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I must correct my earlier statement. I didn't realize how bad our U 20 team is, but in fairness I rarely watch youth football. They might just be below the level of New Zealand which is embarrassing.

That being said I'm defiantly not going to stay up to watch their next two games.
I watched the 1st half, most definitely superior to New Zealand. Really interesting attacking players for us just so damn wasteful in the final 3rd,they make bad decisions a lot. Just really poor finishing product in the final 3rd. Crazy they only drew 0-0.

That's what dvr is for buddy! I'm very much looking forward to the U.S. game.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I watched the 1st half, most definitely superior to New Zealand. Really interesting attacking players for us just so damn wasteful in the final 3rd,they make bad decisions a lot. Just really poor finishing product in the final 3rd. Crazy they only drew 0-0.

That's what dvr is for buddy! I'm very much looking forward to the U.S. game.
dvr.. that technology is too far ahead of me..I got rid of my cable because I couldn't afford it on a collage student budget, so I stream all my games online.

If Ukraine beat Maynmar and then The USA game will be very intresting.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts