Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOSCOW, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Russian prosecutors said on thursday they were preparing a request to extradite former Russian oil baron Roman Abramovich from Great Britain.

"The preparation of documents for the extradition of Abramovic has begun," a statement from the prosecutor-general's office said.

Abramovich was one of a small group of Russian businessmen who made vast fortunes in the immediate post-Soviet period. The group known as the Oligarchs have been under investigation for massive fraud and coruption for some years now but as yet it was believed that Abramovic was not one of the main targets. However now it seems the Kremlin is widening its net in an effort to gather more of the countrys assets under state control.

:nono:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,159 Posts
It was expected that sooner or later Putin's mafia will try to get him, like they try to get every major oligarch who doesn't support them. It was a smart move by Abramovich to invest his wealth into foreign targets.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
hehehehe :D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He is fully prepared.

When you have money as much as he does, you know your ways out. Didnt he went to Moscow that time. If the authorities there want to nab him.. They would have.

Let the 'authorities' declare whatever they want, it is their job... no?

The Stealth Oligarch will still be.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
he knew about this, thats the reason y he bought a foorball club and put so much money into it, they cant touch that :p

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Oh how I would laugh....:D

But it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kyp said:
he knew about this, thats the reason y he bought a foorball club and put so much money into it, they cant touch that :p
Err you'll find that, relatively speaking, he's put very little into Chelsea and as Chelsea are far from self sufficent (relying solely on handouts from Abramovich) if he is extradited you'll be back to where you were 2-3 years ago.

Leeds better be looking over their shoulder, they have a rival.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
CardiffRed said:
MOSCOW, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Russian prosecutors said on thursday that they were preparing a request to extradite former Russian oil baron Roman Abramovich from Great Britain.

"The preparation of documents for the extradition of Abramovich has begun," a statement from the prosecutor-general's office said.

Abramovich was one of a small group of Russian businessmen who made vast fortunes in the immediate post-Soviet period. The group known as the Oligarchs have been under investigation for massive fraud and coruption for some years now but as yet it was believed that Abramovich was not one of the main targets. However now it seems that the Kremlin is widening its net in an effort to gather more of the countrys assets under state control.

:nono:

Fake story. Pity it isn't true though. :D

Loads of spelling and grammar mistakes that Reuters wouldn't make. And it's not on their website.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I'd think that abra would have everything in place ready just in case the day they would be coming after him,To me a load of hogwash.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SuicideDD said:
Fake story. Pity it isn't true though. :D

Loads of spelling and grammar mistakes that Reuters wouldn't make. And it's not on their website.
Russian Reuters site (in Cyrillic) translated by someone else (not Reuters) hence the spelling.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i just looked at that website and i could not find anything about him

granted, i do not read in russian very well because i haven't done it in 11 years - i have to read every line individually, a word does not just jump out at me, but i'm sure there was nothing there about him and i've seen an almost exact copy of this on football365 forum like 2 months ago

by the way, a newsfeed in russian would not have a sentence like "a group called the Oligarchs", trust me
nor of course would reuters have the bias that exists in the last sentence

so this article is plainly and finally declared a false

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Err you'll find that, relatively speaking, he's put very little into Chelsea and as Chelsea are far from self sufficent (relying solely on handouts from Abramovich) if he is extradited you'll be back to where you were 2-3 years ago.

Leeds better be looking over their shoulder, they have a rival.

Actually we're entirelys elf sufficent now and will be making a profit in two years.

Bye bye little man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts