Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sempremilan.com/official-halilovic-is-an-ac-milan-player

No link for Reina and Strinic since we've known about them for ever, but every new signing deserves a thread IMO, even if shared.

Some will make comparisons to Galliani era but I actually like these signings. Reina and Strinic are solid backups with international experience. Halilovic is a good gamble, young promising player. A left footed right winger, much needed depth for Suso. This is no Constant/Traore/Birsa situation.

It was weird that we signed Halilovic for free though . . . It reeks of FFP chicanery. I won't be surprised if we sell a player to Hamburg at a cut rate price later in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
They seem like okay signing indeed. Probably no game changers, but for free nothing to complain about for what will likely be sub players.

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Strinic was referred to as Croatia’s weakest spot ahead of the match against Denmark. He was completely torn apart by Leipzig substitute Yussuf Poulsen (!). The next day I found out that we signed him a long time ago. Not exactly surprised that we’re signing more 5th rate players who will never become a success at Milan.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Juve's signing of Emre Can and Ronaldo, starters from the two teams who played the CL last season, have got nothing on our signings. :D

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
I hope they sign Ronaldo. It will give more publicity to serie a and us when we beat them. Also, i hope he fails there and they lose all that money that would have been used better.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It's also like this guy wants me to hate him. Real Madrid and Juventus, the two less likeable teams in the world.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
These signings are obviously for depth, to act as if they are our obly signings this summer or that they are our star signings is so.... well Laudrup.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I agree. I think the management is handicapped with the ownership tussle, lack of funds to spend and the Uefa sanction. Under these circumstances no meaningful signing can be made. We have to wait until the CAS verdict is out and a new owner emerge before we may see any reasonable movement in the transfer market. Could be late late by then though.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
It is not an easy situation for the management cause a new owner may very well fire them next week too.

But hey, lets demand CR, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar today anyway.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
'Zaza? Sandwiches or caviar…’

by Football Italia

Sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli says Milan must ‘decide whether to get a sandwich or caviar and champagne’ when asked about Simone Zaza.

The Valencia striker has been heavily linked with the Rossoneri in recent days, with suggestions that a deal has already been agreed.

“We’re not thinking about any signings when we don’t know what resources we have available,” Mirabelli explained to Sky.

“It’s a little bit like when you’re hungry and you’re out of the house, you open your wallet and look inside before deciding whether to go for a sandwich or whether you can go to the restaurant for caviar and champagne.

“We’ll know after we’ve made some sales.”

Mirabelli also gave some further information on those sales.

“We’ve found a deal with Boca for Gustavo Gomez, there’s been a problem with the two of them and we’ve given them two days to resolve the situation.

“Nikola Kalinic has plenty of offers from Turkey, Russia, Germany and Spain. Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are perhaps the closest to him.

“Selling a big player? If Coach Rino Gattuso wants to go without one of the big players we’ll listen to him and decide what to do.

“We need to know what we have to work with, we’ll make sales and signings. No-one will leave and no-one will arrive without Gattuso’s say-so. It will be Gattuso’s Milan.

“Last year we wanted to build a young base, this year we need experienced reinforcements. We need to break even on the transfer market, but no-one will leave and no-one will arrive without Gattuso giving the OK.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Not sure what that means.

To be fair, I used to not rate Zaza at all, but watched him this season and he’s been great. But I’m also pretty certain he would suck for us, and would definitely prefer to give Cutrone (and maybe Silva) a chance.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

To be fair, I used to not rate Zaza at all, but watched him this season and he’s been great. But I’m also pretty certain he would suck for us, and would definitely prefer to give Cutrone (and maybe Silva) a chance.
He literally meant if you have no money you buy Zaza. If you have money you buy Immobile/Morata/Falcao ?

·
Administrator
52,839 Posts
Essentially he is saying this is him during the mercato:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ronaldwho?

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
Mirabelli: "Last year we bought young, now we buy old"
read: "We have no plan and no clue"
Mirabelli: "We let Gattuso decide about all the signings"
read: "Most will be unwanted after we sack Gattuso"
read2: "as the ones we sign is old and unwanted we cant get rid of them" [Galliani peek-a-boo]

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
:howler:

:sigh: :(

1 - 20 of 53 Posts