Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OB has announced that coach Uffe Pedersen has resigned due to lack of time with the family. New coach will be Troels Bech, who team up with former assistant Klavs Rasmussen in a more or less equal partnership. Both have signed 1½ year contracts.

For those who doesn't remember Troels Bech was the man that led OB to the cup title in 2002.

I couldn't be happier right now!!!!
I didn't like Uffe P. that much - he was always satisfied with the team, even when we lost and he refused to recignise the huge problems in our defence. Troels Bech on the contrary is the most successfull coach in OB the last 10 years and I have a feeling he wont be afraid to bench the general if he continues to suck - just like he did with Martin Nielsen in FCM.

The prospect of a more equal partnership between the head coach and the assistant thrilles me. Klavs Rasmussen is good with the players and he can make sure that the transition is smooth.

Woohoo! This is a good day :)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I don't know what it is but there's something about Troels Bech that annoy the hell out of me but if OB and the fans congrats to them. :) There's no doubt that a change was needed 'cause Uffe P has done a poor job.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Troels Bech ROCKS!!!!

There is not a coach in Denmark with as profound a propensity for dry, venomous, post match comments!!

And he scored historical goals for Silkeborg at the time I was working at the stadium, of course ;). To the extent that the stadium speaker back in '92-´93 would go "Kom så Troels" before corner kicks :D .

Truth be told I have no ideas as to his management skills. Something must have gone wrong at FCM though, because their squad is much better than the league position they have to show for it.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Glen said:
Troels Bech ROCKS!!!!

There is not a coach in Denmark with as profound a propensity for dry, venomous, post match comments!!
I guess it's those comment's that rubs me the wrong way. Instead of venomous I think they are rather tedious and stupid. Now, for great post match comments there's Poul Hansen! :)

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Biancoceleste said:
Now, for great post match comments there's Poul Hansen! :)
And there is a man that is repitidious and annoying! And to top that he is also a bad coach :D

As for Troels Bech....well I adore the man! His comments to the press are top class and he is not afraid to talk about the game at a very high level. A couple of weeks ago I he was co-commenting a game on tv - I don't even remember what game it was but I sat there and whatched solely because of his comments.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Jacob: Poul Hansen offers comic relief like few others- granted. I'll never forget the "så spriinger di al-samn i redningsbåten, alzo" :D . And there are so many more of course.

But I agree with Ane. Bech doesn't talk the same trivialities I think. He offers genuinely insightfull comments about the game. He's not as likeable as Keld Bordinggaard who in my opinion is the best co-commentator I remember having heard on Danish TV, but in terms of knowledge he does not seem far off to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts