Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few notes, Vida played him into the team, and Lovrencsics + Korhut won't be eligible to play. Means Fiola must be back :proud:

This is in fact the game of the year, Major. Win or lose, it's in our hands. Waiting for some Szoboszlai - Sallai magic.

Oh and Kádár will be back in the RB position, Baráth and Orbán taking place at CB. Nagy will most likely be back by then.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Well if Fiola is back he'll probably play RB. If not Kádár most likely will, with Bese being LB.

Tamás Krisztián was in this keret. Remember him?:D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I won't jinx it with a predictive score. I saw about 7 mins of the Wales-Croatia game and saw Bale score the equalizer 1-1. A full month of waiting oh the joy!

Don't forget, if you're in the old country the new national stadium debuts Nov. 15th, be there or be square. 😀

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Yes vs Suarez and co.

If Sallai gets into his team better and Nagy returns I says we have fighting spiritschance.
Nagy Ádi back will be huge. Sallai will be working on his finishing from now til then:hopefull:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The 'Game of the Year'. 100% at stake, we control our destiny, a draw won't suffice, last stand, do-or-hit the showers for another two years till Euro2024 or WC2022.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem with this game is that season is over for Baráth, who will most def be a starter at CB.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm going to give this game deep analysis the best I know how. The coaching staff meanwhile needs to see a lot of game film and footage of the other team in their recent games to figure out the best way to approach the game knowing what they lack and where their emphasis and goodness lies. The coaching staff needs to very strongly understand the other team before we even play, the other team should be an 'open book', and this wise knowledge is gained by seeing them play their last 5 games.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
So no different from any other game. Gotta study your opponent, find/exploit their weaknesses.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Aron does know a lot, he's our personnel scout, whereas I'm the cheerleader and color commentator when the goals go in. We need that and much more Aron.

Bentex, are you good to go to Cardiff for the big shindig?

·
Gyula
2,479 Posts
Guys this is it. WE MUST WIN! There are no ifs, there are no ands and there most certainly will not be any buts. We are somewhat fortunate to be in this position. We lost too many games but we also won many games (instead of tying) which put us in this lucky position to be able to qualify straight.

All we have to do is win.

If Slovakia win their next 2 games that means they get 1st place in the group with 16 points. But if we win, we'll have 15 points and leapfrog past Croatia (at 14 points) and qualify.

If Slovakia get 1 win and 1 tie in the next 2 games they'll be at 14 points so as long as we win we would still be ahead with 15 points and in 2nd place and qualify.

The one to keep an eye on is Wales they're still trying to sneak into 3rd or possibly even 2nd place. But, again, as long as we win there is nothing to worry about. Our fate is completely in our hands. We MUST WIN. WIN AT ALL COSTS and we qualify.

It literally couldn't be any simpler. Doesn't matter what anyone else does at this point. Just win and you're in.

JUST WIN AND YOU'RE IN

·
Gyula
2,479 Posts
It has been a while but it makes the task so much simpler. Removes distractions and focuses all our thoughts and attention towards 1 goal and that is to win.

No paying attention to other results elsewhere. In fact winning on the field has a dual purpose, keeping Wales at bay but also ensuring qualification. Probably won't be easy considering it's on the road against one of these stubborn British isles teams but that's the price to pay for not putting Slovakia away sooner when they had the chance.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I dig it Arpad.
JUST WIN
AND
YOU'RE IN

No bigger game than this, we tie and its adios muchachos (somebody will nab 2nd place), we lose its adios muchachos, we WIN WE'RE IN. Only 3 ways to tell the story.

·
Registered
54,441 Posts
mine wasn‘t a rhetorical question, really wanted to know when that was

meanwhile found it out, 1978 wc quali, we needed to beat Greece and did that with a 3-0 win (even though that group win meant that we go to intercontinental play-off vs Bolivia)

·
Gyula
2,479 Posts
mine wasn‘t a rhetorical question, really wanted to know when that was

meanwhile found it out, 1978 wc quali, we needed to beat Greece and did that with a 3-0 win (even though that group win meant that we go to intercontinental play-off vs Bolivia)
Nov 15 2015. :tongue:

I honestly don't know. It has been so long since they were even close...it's just in the past decade or so have they been fielding teams that even had hope. And most of that is due to the 24 team expanded Euro.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
All of the away tickets were gone in 20 minutes.

Of course there is Norway. That was win over two games and in, although not in the group. That was amazing enough, this would be even more so.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts