Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a member in another forum Uefa has announced the updated list of 5 star stadiums:

Estádio da Luz, Lisbon
Estádio Alvalade XXI, Lisbon
Estádio do Dragão, Porto
Feyenoord Stadium de Kuip, Roterdam
Arena, Amesterdam
Old Trafford, Manchester
Schalke Arena, Gelsenkirchen
Olympiastadion, Munich
Aol Arena, Hamburg
Ernst-Happel, Vienna
Ibrox Park, Glasgow
Hampden Park, Glasgow
Millenium, Cardiff
Olímpico Montjuic, Barcelona
Nou Camp, Barcelona
Vicente Calderon, Madrid
Olímpico La Cartuja, Seville
Luzhniki, Moscow
Stade de France, Paris
Ataturk Olimpyat, Istanbul

·
Administrator
25,328 Posts
thanks for posting it dennis:D

i didnt want to do it myself:eek:

did u notice who comes first?:D :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
IS that a joke? :howler:

A stadium shouldn't be judged only on it's looks and capacity..

The Olympic stadium still has the wind problem, and worse yet the travel problems.. I feel sorry for those foreigners coming to watch the CL final that will be held there :eek:

I remember when the Sydney Olympic stadium was called one of the world's most elite stadiums :howler:
Had a good few minutes laughing at that one :D

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tolga the stadiums aren't jugded by their looks. These are the Requirements:

1) Minimum capacity of 50,000 (5 star venues) or 30,000 (4 star venues)

2) All seats must be individual with backrests

3) Playing pitch dimensions of 105 x 68 m

4) Minimum distances between the playing field boundaries and the retaining wall: Sidelines 6m, Goal lines 7,5m

5) No perimeter fencing around the playing area

6) First-rate dressing rooms for both teams and the referees (equal size and furnishings for both teams, spacious, bright and clean)

7) Direct, private and protected access for both teams and the referees, from their dressing rooms to the playing area, and for their arrival at / departure from, the stadium

8) Suitable and appropriately equipped dope-testing room

9) Suitable and appropriately equipped room for the UEFA Delegate/Referee Observer

10) Floodlighting of a minimum intensity of 1400 Lux (eV) in the direction of the main camera, and 1000 Lux (eV) towards the other areas of the stadium, plus an efficient emergency power supply system able, if necessary, to provide instantaneously and without interruption, the equivalent light intensity values

11) A modern and efficient public address system which ensures that messages may be delivered to public areas, inside and outside the stadium, clearly and distinctly, during the event, and which is not diminished by sudden surges in crowd noise levels, nor vulnerable to failure of the main power supply

12) A permanent TV surveillance system in colour, covering all public areas inside and outside the stadium, which is capable of producing instant still photos

13) A stadium control room with the monitor screens for the TV surveillance system. The control posts for the public address announcer, the video information board (if any) the police, fire and medical services should all be located in, or immediately adjacent to the stadium control room which must have a clear, uninterrupted view of the whole interior of the stadium

14) Internationally understandable public signage, inside and outside the stadium, including the stadium approaches

15) A minimum of two sectors, with at least 50 covered seats in each, for disabled persons and their helpers. Such sectors must be suitably equipped with sanitation and refreshment facilities

16) Acceptable sanitary facilities for spectators (both sexes) in terms of numbers, cleanliness and standards. Toilets without seats will no longer be accepted for spectators of either sex

17) Provision of first-rate media facilities in terms of camera positions, working places, TV studios. The number of Media facilities may vary according to the match and the venue. (See UEFA Guideline for Media Facilities)

18) Adequate first class facilities must be provided for VIPs, including a minimum of 200 places at the VIP box, hospitality area for 400 VIP guests, possibilities for hospitality of 200 guests of the competing teams (200x2) and sufficient room outside the stadium (in the immediate vicinity) for Champions Village – approx. 4000 guests (in UEFA Champion league final only)

Tolga, I'm sure you can see why SS isn't on the 5 star list. ;)

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
Why is it every time I say something these days, I get a Fenerbahçe related response?!

A 5 star stadium should also have no running track around it for better viewing..
It should be as wind resistant as possible, and the travel to and from the stadium should definitely be taken into account..

The Sydney Olympic Stadium would pass those guidelines with flying colours.. Probably easier than nearly all of those listed..
But I still rate it as the worst stadium I've ever watched a football match in!
Travel is perfect by train, but the running track keeps spectators way too far from the action and the wind resistance is 0..
Even on a normal day, the ball doesn't fly straight in the air, especially off goal kicks..

Again, to recap..
A football stadium should be judged on football matters... Meaning the way a match can be played there and the comfort and field view of the spectators..

And BTW, I don't think SS would 'fail' at more than 2-3 of those guidlines ;)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tolga said:
Why is it every time I say something these days, I get a Fenerbahçe related response?!

A 5 star stadium should also have no running track around it for better viewing..
It should be as wind resistant as possible, and the travel to and from the stadium should definitely be taken into account..

The Sydney Olympic Stadium would pass those guidelines with flying colours.. Probably easier than nearly all of those listed..
But I still rate it as the worst stadium I've ever watched a football match in!
Travel is perfect by train, but the running track keeps spectators way too far from the action and the wind resistance is 0..
Even on a normal day, the ball doesn't fly straight in the air, especially off goal kicks..

Again, to recap..
A football stadium should be judged on football matters... Meaning the way a match can be played there and the comfort and field view of the spectators..

And BTW, I don't think SS would 'fail' at more than 2-3 of those guidlines ;)
SS would fail because the capacity is too low and because of the fence.
You should complain to Uefa if you don't like the way they rate the stadiums. They made the list.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tolga said:

Well many people expected SS to be on that list, so mentioning SS was very relevant.

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
Manny said:
SS would fail because the capacity is too low and because of the fence.
You should complain to Uefa if you don't like the way they rate the stadiums. They made the list.
It's a 52,000 capacity, there's no problem there ;)

I'd rather complain about UEFA than complain to them :D
We saw how the last campaign went... Many emails sent, no replies received :groan:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tolga said:
It's a 52,000 capacity, there's no problem there ;)

I'd rather complain about UEFA than complain to them :D
We saw how the last campaign went... Many emails sent, no replies received :groan:
I'm not sure but it is less for Uefa cup games right? So when Fenerbahce have completed SS and if they remove the fence it should be a 5 star stadium.

Btw I agree with you. I also prefer pure fooball stadiums instead of the ones with running tracks.

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
I'm not so sure..

52,000 is the quoted capacity, and it's supposedly an all-seater, so if that's true then the seating arrangements shouldn't change too much (unless 10,000 security workers are hired? :D)..

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
SS is 52,000 at the moment... 60,000 when finished...

I think SS didn't pass because of two reasons:
1) One side hasn't been re-built so far
2) Fencing

If stadiums were judged by atmosphere we'll be in the top 10...
;)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Tolga said:
Yes, at least for UEFA. If the IAAF wants to give them 5 stars for me it's great, but those stadiums aren't good to play football. Ataturk is nice, but simple as that, it is an athletics stadium, not a football stadium.

Anyway, congrats to Turkey, is your first final ever? :)

BTW, where is the Bernabeu? :dazed: :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,779 Posts
HuxFlux said:
San Siro and Santiago Bernabeu must be on the six star list.
And I seem to remember Bayern beating Valencia at the San Siro in the final just a few years back...

If it's not on the 5 star list, I wonder how the hell it got to host the final? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts