16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djurgården / Alvsjö - Arsenal 07/04 15/04
Potsdam - Trondheim 09/04 16/04

I'm sorry, but I have to copy and paste for this one:

Trondheim troubled by injuries
Thursday, 7 April 2005
By Eivind Aarre

SK Trondheims-Ørn have not had the easiest of times in the run-up to their UEFA Women's Cup semi-final against 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam.

Long winter
With the first leg in Germany looming on Saturday, coach Trond Nordsteien has taken his team to La Manga in Spain for a training camp as they aim to shake off the effects of a long winter which has seen many of his players struggling with injuries.

Unconvincing win
A 3-1 win against local rivals Kattem IL - newly promoted to the Norwegian Premier Division - in their last game has done little to convince fans that the team is in its best shape, although in 13 practice games this winter they have lost just once, drawing six times.

- Results count for nothing at this stage of the season
Trond Nordsteien

Team improvement
"Results count for nothing at this stage of the season," said Nordsteien. "I am looking for an improvement in my players' performances, but I am confident that the team will be well prepared for the game against Potsdam."

Gulbrandsen out
The winter's biggest blows saw Norway forward Ragnhild Gulbrandsen ruled out for several months after undergoing knee surgery while Brit Sandaune retired from football. Meanwhile, minor niggles have left Elisabeth Fagereng, Marianne Paulsen, Heidi Pedersen and Monica Enlid in doubt for the first leg.

Injury concerns
"I sincerely hope that we don't get any more injuries", said Nordsteien. "We are not favourites against Potsdam by any means, and need to play smart to get a result. But we won't be naïve."

and:

Djurgården/Älvsjö in fine form
Wednesday, 6 April 2005
By Jan Juhlin

With 4-1 friendly wins against local rivals AIK Solna and Hammarby IF over Easter, Swedish champions Djurgården/Älvsjö are coming into their UEFA Women's Cup semi-final against Arsenal LFC in fine form.

Friendly games
With the Swedish season yet to start, Djurgården/Älvsjö have been arranging friendly games to get them into shape for the first leg of their tie against the English side at Stockholm's Råsunda stadium on Thursday, and the form of one of their most important players has been particularly encouraging.

Svensson striking
Swedish international Victoria Svensson proved beyond doubt that she had made a full recovery from a foot injury by scoring hat-tricks in the wins against AIK and Hammarby, and got her name on the scoresheet once more as her side won 4-0 against Finnish side HJK Helsinki in their most recent friendly.

Going to plan
Coach Mikael Söderman said: "It's gone to plan. Svenssonhas looked sharp after the surgery, and Linda Fagerström has been in very good shape during the whole pre-season. I've also been impressed with [Kristin] Bengtsson, who's got a lot of running in her legs."

Everyone available
With new recruit Elin Ekblom over a bout of flu, Söderman has a full squad to choose from for the first leg - although new Finnish signing Laura Kalmari is ineligible, having already played in the Women's Cup for Umeå IK this season. "Everyone is available and that feels good," said Söderman.

We're looking forward to the game and hoping for a win, hopefully with a few goals

Mikael Söderman

Arsenal plans
"We're looking forward to the game and hoping for a win, hopefully with a few goals so that we get a margin ahead of the away game against them in London," he added. "It's important that we focus on our own game and use our pace, passing style and use wide areas so that we can grind our way through their team

Both from www.uefa.com. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts