Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ümit Milli Takim host the Greek Under-21 National Team.

Greeks and Turks are all invited to have a constructive and intelligent conversation on that game. So please, do not start any bashing towards the other country. Anyone going beyond the limits will see his posts deleted and could be reported to the board.
Any conversation away from football are also forbidden. So, keep away any sort of nationalism and remember that it is just a football game between two beautiful countries. Thank you and good luck to both Hellas and Türkiye.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
yes, Turkey is playing very well at the U-21 level, tough game because Greece is good as well. But i say we win a tough game 2-0 as well.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Sad thing is very few of us care about any of our NT exept of cours the segniour squad. Although i heard that we are doing good at all levels...

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Standings:

Denmark 7 19
Turkey 7 14
Greece 7 11
Ukraine 7 10
Albania 7 5
Georgia 6 5
Kazakhstan 5 0

I think we can afford a to draw or even loose this game.

·
*the drum drum*
42,908 Posts
We had a slow start in the U/21's, but things seem to be looking a little better now, and the team should win this one on current form..

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Are there any TV-channels broadcasting this game?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
The scoreline at halftime is 0-0

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I cant believe what im hearing.

GS fans at the game are cheering for GS ond cursing Fenerbahce.

They still havent learned.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Greece scored!

0-1

·
Administrator
25,381 Posts
wth?

move it !!!!! :fero:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Greece youngsters deserved the win, Turkiye played terrible and that sums it up for ya. If their brothers play the same it's going to be the same result tomorrow. And I don't wanna hear about the media pressure or fan pressure because there is none except for the pressure of needing to win. So no excuses from Ersun Yanal for a loss.

·
Registered
475 Posts
gravesends said:
Greece youngsters deserved the win, Turkiye played terrible and that sums it up for ya. If their brothers play the same it's going to be the same result tomorrow. And I don't wanna hear about the media pressure or fan pressure because there is none except for the pressure of needing to win. So no excuses from Ersun Yanal for a loss.
I agree. We did not deserved to draw let alone win.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I expected turkey to win but they played below average yesterday. I was impressed by Greece's striker Samaras who played fantastic and by the fact that he applauded by the turkish fans when substituted and he replied back. Great moment :thmbup:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Cruz Candelaria said:
Ofcourse Turkey didn´t impress, how can you do that if the other team is just defending?????

Well that's their tactic and guess what? it works, I do not like watching it either but there's no reason to take it out on the Greek players. i don't understand why you have to call them names for. I liked a lot of their players and we have a whole bunch of great players ourselves. We had our chances but overall played shit so it's our fault not theirs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
greece plays a system that is suited to the players they have. when rehagle first took charge he played away against finland and attacked and we lost 5-1,then he said that greece cannot play that type of football, and found a system that works. if turkey had won euro 2004 and were getting results playing the way greece have ,would you be complaing ? greece play their tactics, if you are good enough and your players are talented enough then you should be able ,to beat greece.turkey had to win greece didnt .why should greece come out and attack?

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
umm mr grappler Turkiye didn't have to win, this is the U-21 thread =) Turkiye could afford this loss as Greece was behind in points. And Turkiye have top 3 youth teams in Europe from U-17 up to U-21

1 - 20 of 21 Posts