1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nazionale Under 19

Fase finale dell’Europeo: 24 Azzurrini in ritiro dal 2 luglio a Roma
Roma 23/06/2008
Ventiquattro Azzurrini sono stati convocati dal tecnico federale Francesco Rocca per il periodo di preparazione che precederà la fase finale del Campionato Europeo Under 19 in programma dal 14 al 26 luglio in Repubblica Ceca. Il gruppo lavorerà a Roma, presso il Centro Sportivo La Borghesiana, da mercoledì 2 luglio a venerdì 11, giorno in cui sarà diramato l’elenco definitivo dei partecipanti all’Europeo che il giorno dopo, sabato, partiranno per questa avventura. L’Italia esordirà lunedì 14 contro la Grecia a Mlada Bolestav (ore 19), giovedì 17 affronterà l’Inghilterra a Jablonec (ore 20) e domenica 20 giocherà l’ultima gara del girone contro la Repubblica Ceca a Mlada Bolestav (ore 18). Le semifinali sono in programma mercoledì 23, mentre la finale è prevista per sabato 26.

Questi i 24 Azzurrini a disposizione del tecnico federale:

Portieri: Fiorillo (Sampdoria), Piccolo (Torino), Pinsoglio (Juventus);
Difensori: Albertazzi (Milan), Bruscagin (Milan), Darmian (Milan), Formiconi (Udinese), Gentili (Atalanta), Marchetti (Real Montecchio), Tagliani (Fiorentina);
Centrocampisti: Bonaventura (Atalanta), Forestieri (Siena), Mazzarani (Cisco Roma), Palumbo (Napoli), Poli (Sampdoria), Raggio (Genoa), Romizi (Fiorentina), Viola (Reggina); Attaccanti: Carbonaro (Palermo), Eusepi (Genoa), Giovio (Varese), Okaka (Modena), Paloschi (Milan), Zamblera (Newcastle United).

---------------------------------------------------

This is a very talented squad guys. Probably one of the more promising GKs of recent years (Fiorillo), The Milan defenders are very promising, with Tagliani :thumbsup: Poli is the new 'Pirlo' :D, Palumbo a good midfielder... Forestieri the classy player. Okaka and Paloschi effective strikers. Zamblera highly-rated. Looking forward to see how we do.

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
They will suck ;) only one Juventino :D

You are being a tease if you made a thread about it and it turns out there are no access to this tourno ;)

In all seriously, want to see Forriestieri, and corious on Fiorillo and Poli. An earlier squad list I saw had a kid from Genoa, with the magnificant name of Garibaldi. Not on it anymore?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts

You are being a tease if you made a thread about it and it turns out there are no access to this tourno ;)

In all seriously, want to see Forriestieri, and corious on Fiorillo and Poli. An earlier squad list I saw had a kid from Genoa, with the magnificant name of Garibaldi. Not on it anymore?

Raggio is Garibaldi :)

Like Deano said, very nice U-19 team :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Bah, the kids are becoming like the brazilians/argies/spanish in having their first names as official name? :pp

Its an odd even numbers of clubs these players come from except few exceptions, and several of them from middle or small teams.

·
Registered
23,911 Posts

And he won't play ;)

For Milan this is the age group we want to look at. judging by the last games of this team at least three starts and they impressed.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
He should by all accounts be going straight into the 1st team squad, I would have thought. You're crying out for a player like him.

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
You mean the NT? Are you serious?

If he dominates the heck out of the league, yes, but even though he is extremely promising, a kid who hasnt played for any youth teams yet (due to the technicality) should go straight into the NT?

He will have ample opportunity to fill in a vacuum that is in the future NT striker (wide open, likes of Borriello and such shouldnt that stiff of competition), but going straight into the first team on hype alone is silly. Despite me wanting Italy trusting youngsters immediately despite their age.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I always thought Milan should have given some more chances to Darmian this season (Coppa Italia and being in the bench the times Digao was on there during Serie A :rollani: ). Looking forward to see how he and Albertazzi do (and see if Paloschi confirms himself even more).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are better players than Balotelli around still... like Giovinco and even Rossi.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Nazionale Under 19

Fase finale dell’Europeo: 24 Azzurrini in ritiro dal 2 luglio a Roma
Roma 23/06/2008
Ventiquattro Azzurrini sono stati convocati dal tecnico federale Francesco Rocca per il periodo di preparazione che precederà la fase finale del Campionato Europeo Under 19 in programma dal 14 al 26 luglio in Repubblica Ceca. Il gruppo lavorerà a Roma, presso il Centro Sportivo La Borghesiana, da mercoledì 2 luglio a venerdì 11, giorno in cui sarà diramato l’elenco definitivo dei partecipanti all’Europeo che il giorno dopo, sabato, partiranno per questa avventura. L’Italia esordirà lunedì 14 contro la Grecia a Mlada Bolestav (ore 19), giovedì 17 affronterà l’Inghilterra a Jablonec (ore 20) e domenica 20 giocherà l’ultima gara del girone contro la Repubblica Ceca a Mlada Bolestav (ore 18). Le semifinali sono in programma mercoledì 23, mentre la finale è prevista per sabato 26.

Questi i 24 Azzurrini a disposizione del tecnico federale:

Portieri: Fiorillo (Sampdoria), Piccolo (Torino), Pinsoglio (Juventus);
Difensori: Albertazzi (Milan), Bruscagin (Milan), Darmian (Milan), Formiconi (Udinese), Gentili (Atalanta), Marchetti (Real Montecchio), Tagliani (Fiorentina);
Centrocampisti: Bonaventura (Atalanta), Forestieri (Siena), Mazzarani (Cisco Roma), Palumbo (Napoli), Poli (Sampdoria), Raggio (Genoa), Romizi (Fiorentina), Viola (Reggina); Attaccanti: Carbonaro (Palermo), Eusepi (Genoa), Giovio (Varese), Okaka (Modena), Paloschi (Milan), Zamblera (Newcastle United).

---------------------------------------------------

This is a very talented squad guys. Probably one of the more promising GKs of recent years (Fiorillo), The Milan defenders are very promising, with Tagliani :thumbsup: Poli is the new 'Pirlo' :D, Palumbo a good midfielder... Forestieri the classy player. Okaka and Paloschi effective strikers. Zamblera highly-rated. Looking forward to see how we do.
Good to see that Newcastle United has more U19 Italians than us :rolleyes:

He should by all accounts be going straight into the 1st team squad, I would have thought. You're crying out for a player like him.
A lot of people (mainly us Interisti :pp) are over rating Balotelli at the moment, he looks to have the talent no doubt, but I think he needs to mature more and learn to use his physique better...I think Balotelli may go higher than the U19, I think in the U21.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
You mean the NT? Are you serious?

If he dominates the heck out of the league, yes, but even though he is extremely promising, a kid who hasnt played for any youth teams yet (due to the technicality) should go straight into the NT?

He will have ample opportunity to fill in a vacuum that is in the future NT striker (wide open, likes of Borriello and such shouldnt that stiff of competition), but going straight into the first team on hype alone is silly. Despite me wanting Italy trusting youngsters immediately despite their age.
Sure, U-21's would probably be the most likely option for this guy but I don't see a problem with having a wild-card type player like him on the bench. You don't really have a big physical guy like him who is also a really brilliant ball carrier as well.

He looked great towards the end of last season.

·
Registered
23,911 Posts
Sure, U-21's would probably be the most likely option for this guy but I don't see a problem with having a wild-card type player like him on the bench. You don't really have a big physical guy like him who is also a really brilliant ball carrier as well.

He looked great towards the end of last season.
He barely played first team football while a double 23 goals scoring Gilardino was not picked once. Would have been as silly as england picking walcott.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Look, all am saying is he's obviously a huge talent. It wouldn't be the craziest thing to do to include him in a squad to see how he fares.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
I think Balotelli will quickly go in the NT. Usually kids go through the youth NT systems because they are starters for low-level teams. Inter is a different story. If he starts there next year he could get admission into the squad. There are spots available too.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Yeah, I mean I kinda thought that Balotelli was viewed as a bit of a wonder kid in Italy. He was awesome for Inter in the absence of Ibra towards the end of last season.

If he doesn't go to WC 2010 I'd be amazed.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts