1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Minimum yellow card imo.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Did anyone who watch the game notice any reason why Rooney would have acted that way?

Did the defender have Rooney in his pocket (an English football expression I fail to understand :()?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
What a biased commentators.:rollani:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I see much worse stuff happening day in day out in football matches going unnoticed by the press.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Commentator: "just caught him".

My GOD, day after day these brits really prove that they don't have a ****ing clue.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
If you ever watched the Premiership you'd be used to this by now. All he ever gets from referees is an arm round his shoulder and told to "calm down, Wayne".

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
This clip above is a straight red cad offense, there was no ball and Rooney just stick his studs in the lad's feet, awful.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Seen alot worse in many games.

I remember a shocking near career ending tackle done on dennis irwin in a champo league game, dont remember anybody pointing it out and Uefa didnt even consider looking at the footage simply cause it was by a nobody player on a nobody team.

That said it does look dodgy alright. Rooney had no reason to break your mans leg so I would question whether or not he intended on doing it! It could of been a red, but seen plenty of other bad tackles unpunished that UEFA didnt bother looking at.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I agree with lionmessi.
Whoever does not is an idiot.

Commentator: "just caught him".

My GOD, day after day these brits really prove that they don't have a ****ing clue.
Just found out?

I see much worse stuff happening day in day out in football matches going unnoticed by the press.
So what? Does not mean that this should go unpunished.

If you ever watched the Premiership you'd be used to this by now. All he ever gets from referees is an arm round his shoulder and told to "calm down, Wayne".
Of course. With the Man U mafia behind him, no one will tell him shit. :yuck:

Seen alot worse in many games.

I remember a shocking near career ending tackle done on dennis irwin in a champo league game, dont remember anybody pointing it out and Uefa didnt even consider looking at the footage simply cause it was by a nobody player on a nobody team.

That said it does look dodgy alright. Rooney had no reason to break your mans leg so I would question whether or not he intended on doing it! It could of been a red, but seen plenty of other bad tackles unpunished that UEFA didnt bother looking at.
No doubt there is worst, but this is intentional and deserves a straight red. Period.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Did anyone who watch the game notice any reason why Rooney would have acted that way?

Did the defender have Rooney in his pocket (an English football expression I fail to understand :()?
:howler:
Even though he is not my fav player that wasn't intentional

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
If this guy wasn't playing for Man Utd and he was still playing the same way with the reckless tackles and screaming at the ref all the time, he'd have been sent off in 2 out of every 3 games IMO, it's ridiculous.

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
Drummer said:
Rooney had no reason to break your mans leg so I would question whether or not he intended on doing it! It could of been a red, but seen plenty of other bad tackles unpunished that UEFA didnt bother looking at.
Are you taking the piss? The ball is behind Rooney. Rooney throws himself forward. This is the complete other direction, away from the ball. He is not even pretending to play the ball or anything. Putting in an irresponsibly dangerous tackle in an attempt to play the ball is one thing, so is hitting a guy in the face with your arm in an attempt to shake him off after being fouled (it's a no-no, but at least you can understand why it's done). Throwing yourself studs forward onto a player for absolutely no reason and clearly only intending to hurt that player is outrageous behaviour.

I don't know what amazes me most here - that Rooney believed that he would get away with this or that he did get away with it.

The fact that it's not only that, but he also stamped on a player's chest earlier in that game and only received a yellow for that (which was also ridiculous) makes UEFA look like a circus that has completely lost it.

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
:howler:
Even though he is not my fav player that wasn't intentional
It wasn't? So he just has incredibly poor control of his limbs and suffers from weird spasms then? :confused:

Sounds like it would be difficult to play football with syndromes like that... :undecide:

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
That particular incident is a yellow card. Silly play and over stretching nowhere near the ball but not red. It wasn't that malicious. Just a bit stupid. Rather than saying Rooney is protected by referees and they are lenient towards him which may be true in the past in this case this has only been made a fuss of because he is Wayne Rooney.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts