Xtratime Community banner

Beckenbauer or Platini?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leading candidate till recently was Michel Platini who is Darth Blatter's personal puppet. The Kaiser recently announced that he might run for elections IF current UEFA President Lennart Johanssen doesn't re-run. Beckenbauer said that he couldn't run against the Swede out of respect. :star:

The Kaiser is currently in charge of the organising committee for Deutschland '06 and everything is running smoothly. He would be free after that.

He has overseen a glorious career as a player, coach, club president and who knows what is in store for one of the greatest players to ever play the game!

Some highlights of his career so far:

-> Runner-up with West Germany in the 1966 final of England '66. He wore a cast as his arm broke but continued. :thmbup:

-> Third place with the West German national side in Mexico '70.

-> World Cup winner with West Germany in Deustchland '74.

-> European Champions Cup winner in three consecutive seasons with FC Bayern München in '74, '75 and '76 earning the club the honour to wear the "European Star" patch on Bayern's jersey.

-> Runner-up in Mexico '86 as coach of the West German national side.

-> Winner of the Coupe De Monde with West Germany in Italia '90. At this point he was the ONLY football legend (as far as I know) to lift the ECC, Euro, World Cup as captain of the side and then later on as coach! :thmbup:

-> FC Bayern München Club President. Bayern won the double of the UCL and Bundesliga in the 2000-1 season.

Success has been every step of the way with THE KAISER. One the game's greats. He has been successful as a player, as a coach and as a club president at every level. I am absolutely sure that Deutschland '06 will live on to be one of the most fascinating and well organized World Cups in history. After all THE KAISER is in charge. ;)

There is not a better person to take over the reigns after Lennart calls it a day. Platini has a good career to look back at but the only thing that he is better in when compared to Beckenbauer is :ass:kissing. Platini has been working really hard at what he does best to get into this position to become the future UEFA President and FIFA president in the long run.

Who do you think would be the better candidate of the two? Franz "The Kaiser" Beckenbauer or Michel "The Kiss:ass:" Platini?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Is this a comparsion between them as players or as potential Uefa Bosses? I have a feeling Michel Platini will win in the end, although Kaiser Franz was a better player overall.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is as to who you see as a better UEFA PRESIDENT in the future. I personally prefer Franz as he has a good managerial record as well as a playing record. He knows the technical aspects of the game plus he has done well at a managerial level as a coach, club president and now as the president of the World Cup organising committee.

He has exposure in all areas while Platini I am sorry to say is one heck of a big kiss:ass: I'd prefer Zizou over him for the Presidency if it came to that.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
SPeaking of the post, it was very one-sided. NOthing objectively came out on Platini's side.

However, even if Platini had some good things to spoken of abt him, I'd still go for Der Kaiser. :shades:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Of course Kaiser Franz, what a question...as Haroon has brillantly explained in his absolutely objective post :D, he is the best option.

Platini :rollani:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Platini, simply because him and Stojkovic are pretty much best buddies, maybe we'll get scr**** less by UEFA and their referees.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well I suppose Beckenbauer's merits speak louder though I'm not by any means fond of him. When it comes to Platini, I certainly wouldn't want any kind of prolongation of the Blatter style, as president he would be greatly empowered and able to pursue his own policy, but frankly I don't know what exactly these guys set out to accomplish.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well Platini always talks about how the big clubs have to reigned in, while Beckenbauer gives the impression of being part of "the establishment", so I'd take Platini.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think Platini deserves it as he has been working for a while to attain this position, the man is blessed.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Haroon said:
-> Runner-up with West Germany in the 1966 final of England '66. He wore a cast as his arm broke but continued. :thmbup:
IIRC, Beckenbauer wore a cast due to a dislocated collarbone in the semis against the Italians in Mexico '70 ;)

Back to the topic, Platini seems the favourite for the position with his ass-kissing antics, particularly from the Blatter contigent :yuck: He apparently has plans to merge the Champion's League with the UEFA Cup and if he indeed becomes UEFA president, then you'll see the emergence of a European Super League :googly:

Der Kaiser vs Le Roi - For the sanity and future of European football, I hope Beckenbauer gets elected.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Well Platini always talks about how the big clubs have to reigned in, while Beckenbauer gives the impression of being part of "the establishment", so I'd take Platini.
Yeah I agree, therefore Platini! :cool:

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
On what basis is Platini considered a suck up?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Platini showed his resentment today at the news of Beckenbauer standing as rival for the UEFA presidency. He said Beckenbauer could've stood 10 years ago.

:rollani: Why is he bothered with Franz standing for election? :eek: This Mr. Yes Man should not be elected for the betterment of European football.

The clear path to his presidency is threatened now and he is disgruntled as a result. :skull:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
ilgenio said:
Back to the topic, Platini seems the favourite for the position with his ass-kissing antics, particularly from the Blatter contigent :yuck: He apparently has plans to merge the Champion's League with the UEFA Cup and if he indeed becomes UEFA president, then you'll see the emergence of a European Super League :googly:.
Platini talked of replacing the CL and UEFA Cup with a straight knockout competition with something like 256 teams all starting in the first round with almost no seedings or anything. He said it would give the smaller clubs a chance and also reduce the number of games making players more rested for international tournaments. While I think that this kind of tournament would be crazy, the ideas behind it aren't that bad.

Now I don't quite understand you, do you mean to say that the clubs would rebel against Platini and form their own Super League? It's not like Platini would bless it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts