Xtratime Community banner

601 - 603 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Although I don't think it will happen because Bane Ivanovic got stripped of the captain's armband & removed from our NT altogether after he told Slavisa Kokeza not to make a circus out of the NT following "our FA president" decision to take his clothes off, put on training gear and casually jump in to train with rest of the squad which was preparing for the WC '18. (Yes, you read that right) - Ognjen Koroman talks about it from 2:40 onwards...

...and honestly I believe him considering who "rules" the country for the last 8 years & how low we have sunk as a nation during that period. If Kolarov and rest of the players had more morals & respect - they would all boycott the NT or at least let the public know about that incident.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,482 Posts
I will say this; it's hard to know with Koroman. A part of me used to believe a lot of what he said, but at times it also feels like he says some of these things to get a reaction given his failure as a manager.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I say bring back the beast Ivanovic. He'll do a better job as a centre back than Kolarov. Faster & most importantly stronger. I felt Kolarov got pushed around quite easily against Norway.
He made his first appearance with West Bromwich this week in the Premier League and looked very good, although the competition (Burnley) was not great.

Even at his age, I think he'd be a definite improvement over S. Mitrovic in the middle of the back three.

I remember there was talk about Tumbakovic potentially reaching out to him a year ago, but in September he said that Bane is done with the NT and hasn't contacted him.

601 - 603 of 603 Posts