581 - 600 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Buffstreams .tv

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
The link is about 2 minutes slow which is super frustrating bit it's all I could get working 🤦‍♂️

Down 1 nothing at halftime with this experimental squad.

·
Registered
58,067 Posts
fun fact, the goal scorer is one of our 4 Vojvodina born guys in the squad, now at age 32 in his first ever NT game. 12 years ago he played for Backa Topola in Serbia‘s 4th division

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
That was an ugly half. The difference in energy and fight between us and Hungary is huge. They had a playoff as well on Thurs. so there's no excuse there.

A series of comical mistakes leads to the goal. I don't think I've ever seen a team consistently make so many ridiculous errors.

If anyone is looking for a good quality stream, try uefa.tv although you might be doing yourself a favour skipping this one :whistle:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Pavlovic is playing instead of Veljkovic, livescore got it wrong 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Milivojevic and Ljajic substituted off for Lukic and Radonjic respectively. Necessary substitution considering both did nothing in the first half.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Embarrassing loss. Serbia was the better team in the second half, Vlahovic hit the post, Pavlovic could have had a penalty shot, another penalty shot could have been given for a handball but nothing.. Mladenovic on the left wing played great, Radonjic on the right did very little.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
We played better in the second half even though it was embarrassing that we couldn't score. The first half was a disaster.

Milivojevic showed that he really should not be an option for the NT.

We better hope that Lazovic doesn't get injured because we have no other played who knows how to play right wingback.

As long as we continue to make horrible mistakes and struggle to finish/create chances, we will continue to see results like this.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I can't think of a time when Djokovic and the football/basketball/water polo/volleyball team ever won on the same day

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Well our Football NT usually wins once a year while Djokovic loses once a year. So, not surprising.

Reactions: marakana11

·
Zeko lopove...
7,482 Posts
I think we saw a result of overconfidence and a lack of passion for this game. I understand the first bit, but the latter is what worries me and what made me a bit cynical. Everything was understood in the opening 20 minutes when the players who started assumed Hungary would just roll over. Instead, the Hungarians played a smart pressing game, that we couldn't find a pass out of, and ultimately we struggled. I understand to a degree Milenkovic, Tadic, and Gudelj playing a bit worse, given they played 120 minutes on Thursday, but it must be said the lack of professionalism on show for the other 5-6 players who should be chomping at the bit was really disappointing.

In the first half, for me, we saw why Milivojevic shouldn't be first choice anymore. He might be a good defensive player to bring on when you need a bit of energy, but he couldn't hold the midfield. Gacinovic, again showed nothing of note for the national team and neither did Mladenovic until the 2nd half. Still, it was the manner in which we started the game that extremely bothered me. It was as if they were saying 'we couldn't be bothered.' That was the fundamental difference in the result. Had we showed up I think this would have been a draw, but ultimately Hungary wanted it more, and thus the result.

The major disappointment is Jovic, who looks like a shadow of his former self. I was telling one of my good Aussie mates that I met in Russia, that based on current form, Vlahovic should be our number two striker after Mitrovic. Vlahovic might be a bit less talented, but he has worked hard at La Viola, and he's on the brink of breaking out in Florence, and I think his energy and enthusiasm is something that currently Jovic does not bring off the bench.

Overall, based on current form, I'd say these would be my 24 for the next meeting against Scotland -

GK - Rajkovic, Dmitrovic, Zivkovic

DCR - Milenkovic, Veljkovic
DC - Maksimovic, Mitrovic, Spajic
DCL - Kolarov, Pavlovic

MC - Maksimovic, Gudelj, Grujic (Milivojevic)
WBR - Lazovic, Gacinovic
WBL - Ristic, Kostic

AMCR - Tadic, Zivkovic
AMCL - Djuricic, SMS

ST - Mitrovic, Vlahovic, Joveljic

I don't know how many have been following but Spajic seems to have started off pretty decently at Feyenoord. He's moved on loan there for the season from Krasnodar. Given our current lack of defensive options at center back, and given how critical it is for the system, I'd like to see him called up as he could provide some much need cover and be an alternative to Pavlovic as Kolarov's back-up.

In midfield, I'd like to see Grujic finally take over the spots occupied by Matic and Milivojevic previously as currently Marko started well at Liverpool, and I hope he can continue his upward trajectory at Porto. It remains to be seen if he will though, so Luka might get a bench spot come November. In the wingback slots I'm hopeful Kostic can recover by mid-November for the match against Scotland, but in all honesty I'd like to see Ristic given another go as his composure against Norway was a welcome sight. He didn't panic in situations and really tried to pass it out of the back. Given the lack of options for cover for Lazovic, I'd have Gacinovic as his back up.

Up front, Tadic, Djuricic, Mitrovic and SMS are pretty much cemented, which leaves three spots up for grabs. Based on form, as noted above, I'd like to see Zivkovic, Joveljic and Vlahovic. Vlahovic has been doing well at Fiorentina. Zivkovic has started pretty well at PAOK after his move from Benfica, and Joveljic has started scoring for Wolfsberger in Austria. He'll be playing in the Europe League this season on loan from Frankfurt. Outside of these players, the only other I might consider is Veljko Nikolic for center of midfield, as he has become one of Zvezda's best players and as U21 captain I think he could be a decent option to add off the bench. He has a solid touch and his good vision affords us the types of passes our somewhat passive midfield lacks. He has been playing as the more dynamic center midfielder for Stankovic next to Sekou Sanogo, and Velja might be worth a shout in the next set of fixtures. Maybe Scotland is too much of an occasion for him, but I would encourage Ljubisa to give him a call up for the next UEFA Nations League games (our last two fixtures versus Russia at home and Hungary away) as the games aren't too important and it would allow Veljko to start developing at the senior international level.

I know asking for Zivkovic and Joveljic might seem a bit immature given the importance of the game versus Scotland. For me, however, the lack of passion exhibited by our reserves was really disappointing in what was a must win game in terms of staying in Level B of the UEFA Nations League. I would make it clear to the players that if they are to repeat the same level of effort against Turkey in Istanbul tomorrow, as they did against Hungary, then they will be replaced by players that want to be there. Something tells me Dejan Joveljic and Andrija Zivkovic would try a bit more and at least show they care when compared with the efforts of Luka Jovic and Nemanja Radnojic. To make it clear, I quite like Jovic and Radonjic as players. At their best they can wreak havoc and are some of our best players, but clearly both of them are struggling due to matters off the pitch and in that state, they are not good for the squad.

I think Ljubisa showed good man management by supporting the squad in the media after the 1-0 defeat to Hungary, but I hope his coaching staff have concluded that some of the reserves at the minute are not good enough. I don't expect a full squad transformation, that's impractical, but for the next set of qualifiers I would bring in 2-3 new players just to add a bit more competition to the squad.

Let's see how we look against Turkey tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Up 1-0 in Turkey. SMS with the goal, I'm unable to watch right now 😭

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Excellent first half from Serbia.

Completely neutralized Turkey who only created one real chance from a stupid foul by S. Mitrovic.

Maksimovic's energy in central midfield really adds a lot to the team. Lukic is composed and should be considered a serious option in the middle.

Nice skill from Djuricic and SMS throughout the half. SMS gives us a second target man and is easily our best finisher in midfield while Djuricic injects some pace and directness.

Ristic surprised me the most. Looks very solid defensively and is growing in confidence in attack. Nice cross for the goal.

Hope they can keep it up in the second and hold on to a much needed 3 points.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Mitrovic scores a penalty kick in the 49. Turkey scores in the 57th minute

2-1 in the 61st minute

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
2-2 77th

We make a substitution on a defensive free kick and unable to clear the ball 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Ft 2-2

Serbia had 4 chances to win it in the end just couldn't finish.

Russia 8pts
Hungary 7 pts
Turkey 3 pts
Serbia 2 pts (relegation zone)

·
Zeko lopove...
7,482 Posts
Excellent first half from Serbia.

Completely neutralized Turkey who only created one real chance from a stupid foul by S. Mitrovic.

Maksimovic's energy in central midfield really adds a lot to the team. Lukic is composed and should be considered a serious option in the middle.

Nice skill from Djuricic and SMS throughout the half. SMS gives us a second target man and is easily our best finisher in midfield while Djuricic injects some pace and directness.

Ristic surprised me the most. Looks very solid defensively and is growing in confidence in attack. Nice cross for the goal.

Hope they can keep it up in the second and hold on to a much needed 3 points.
I would say a lot of our midfield play was due to SMS dropping when needed and giving us an option to open up our play down the wings. Our central midfielders and wingers knew when to move forward when SMS or Mitrovic were on the ball, and that gave us some real life. We started slowly, but built momentum throughout the first half and we were deserving of the one to zero lead at halfitme. What does Ljubisa do then? He puts on Mladenovic to start the second half, which I just don't understand. I think it's only okay if it was for an injury concern in Ristic, otherwise it was a poor decision. Filip is an okay player, but Ristic has given us some serious offensive power going forward (it was his ball that gave Sergej the goal) but it's more so his ability on the ball ensures we don't squander possession too easily which is huge for our side. For me personally, that's our biggest weakness as a team. We don't have enough quality to move the ball and tire a team down a bit in stretches of the game. Ristic offers that a bit more and that's why it was disappointing to see Mladenovic come on. Most of the time Filip just passes the ball backwards whenever he gets it, unless he has put himself into position to hit a one time cross or take a touch and cross, and that was what we saw throughout the second half. The balance on the left hand side was lost a bit and that allowed Under to become a bit more direct.

Overall, I thought the fair score was a draw. Again we show some serious quality to go 2-0 up, but when the game is there to be put away, just like against Norway, we slow down, and even though we were unlucky this time (i.e. the way Tufan got the equalizer was through a complete mishit by Chalanoglou) it's a fact that we put ourselves into the position to lose the lead. The game should have never been put into question after we went 2-0 up.

After Turkey equalized, just like against Norway, we started to play football again and we had 2-3 chances that we should have buried for a winner. SMS, Kolarov, Mitrovic and Vlahovic all had chances. Again, Vlahovic came on and had two chances to win the game and that was good to see even though he needs to put those types of chances away. He has the same problem at Fiorentina currently.

My impression is that we're showing signs of moving forward as a team in terms of style of play, but at the same time, lack the mentality to play in that manner for 90 minutes. We also lack the killer instinct to put the game away, which will not work against stronger teams if we are to make the European Championships.

In terms of performances, Dmitrovic did okay, but I think it's evident now why Rajkovic has taken his place, and that's largely to do with Predrag's feet. He is much better at passing the ball out of the back. The trio of Milenkovic, Mitrovic and Kolarov looked solid, but all three were found out on the first goal after Chalanoglou did a smart one-two with Karaman that effectively neutralized their positions. Maksimovic also missed his challenge, and that cost us for the first goal. Midfield wise, wingbacks again had a great game. Lazovic is proving a great upgrade on Rukavina, and Ristic showed enough tonight for me to be the starter against Scotland. I would start Ristic even if Kostic was back fit. Maksimovic was pretty good, and Lukic had moments but also at times gave the ball up way too cheaply. I still think Maksimovic-Gudelj is our best combination there, with Lukic and Milivojevic off the bench. Up front, Djuricic was a bit more quiet tonight but he did create the chance that led to the penalty. His direct 1v1 play compliments Mitrovic who is a bit of a target man and SMS who can do it all but is not the same type of midfielder. Mitrovic and SMS held the ball up well, and were excellent in finding their teammates. Vlahovic once again showed what I've been saying this past week and that is that at the moment he is our second best forward. The only negative for me is the mentality and that is a bit down to the coach, but also on the players.

In terms of the UEFA Nations League, we move onto our last two games against Russia at home and Hungary away. I would say that we need to at least one of those remaining two fixtures to have a chance of staying in the 'B' level group. Quality wise we've shown we can play against these teams, however we do play Russia and Hungary after the game versus Scotland on November 15th and 18th. Thus, knowing us, we'll either beat Scotland, and beat one of Russia/Hungary to qualify for the Euros and stay in Group B or we will lose all three games. I don't see an alternative. :D

Scotland on November 12th next month is our most important fixture since the 2018 World Cup.

Reactions: Marko3

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Agree with most of your thoughts marakana11. I think the big dilemma for the Scotland game is choosing between Tadic, SMS, and Djuricic in attack, provided they are all available. You can make a strong case for any combination imo. If we want to accommodate all three in this formation, the only option I see is to move Sergej to CM which would force him to play with more discipline and diminish his attacking qualities.

I would start Kostic ahead of Ristic if he is healthy and in-form though. He can be a huge offensive weapon for us (together with Lazovic) and was probably our best player in the first two Nations League matches. I think Scotland will play very conservatively away in our playoff and we'll need dynamic players like Kostic to break them down.

I'm not sure if the format will be the same for the next Euro qualifiers but playing in Nations League C is probably better for our qualification chances in terms of potential playoff opponents. What we really don't want is to drop out of pot 2 for the WC qualifiers though as there is currently a big difference between the quality of teams in pot 2 and 3.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
"IVANOVIĆ JE JE**NA ŽIVOTINJA": Kad je Bane dvojicu uhvatio za glavu, a golman zbrisao u svlačionicu!

Znao je da ne treba da se kači s njim...

Branislav Ivanović izgradio je ime u Engleskoj nastupajući za Čelsi. Uvek je davao sve od sebe, a malo ko je smeo da se "zakači" s njim na terenu!Irski golman Padi Keni vrlo dobro pamti jednu epizodu dok je nastupao za KPR, a kada je shvatio da je bolje izbeći sukob sa srpskim defanzivcem. U podkastu "Under The Cosh" otkrio je kako je zbrisao u svlačionicu kada je video da se Ivanović iznervirao.
Bilo je to posle pobede Kvins park rendžersa nad Čelsije (1:0) iz 2011. godine, kada su "plavci" dobili dva crvena kartona što je iznerviralo Ivanovića.
"Oni su izgubili od je**nog malog KPR-a. Bili su besni i svakakva sr**a su se dešavala posle meča. Sećam se da sam ušao u tunel na kraju utakmice. U jednom trenutku okrenuo sam se na levu stranu i čuo viku i galamu. Otrčao sam nazad i sad stojim iznad njih i gledam dole i Ivanović je uhvatio i držao naša dva igrača za glavu", prisetio se engleski čuvar mreže Padi Keni.
Da li je krenuo da spasi saigrače?
"Pogledao sam to i rekao: Je*** to. Otišao sam u svlačionicu. On je je**no čudovište. Neću da se kačim sa njim", nasmejao se Keni.
Ivanović je za Čelsi igrao od 2008. do 2017. godine, a nakon tri sezone u Zenitu vratio se ovog leta u Premijer ligu i obukao dres Vest Bromviča.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool: :D

I say bring back the beast Ivanovic. He'll do a better job as a centre back than Kolarov. Faster & most importantly stronger. I felt Kolarov got pushed around quite easily against Norway.

581 - 600 of 603 Posts