Xtratime Community banner

501 - 520 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
That France side had Blanc, Thuram, Desailly, Vieira, Makelele, Zidane, Pires, Trezeguet and Henry, let that sink in for a minute. Some of you might have been too young to remember this side, but they didn't even play the best football in 1998 but they were a ridiculously stacked side. Croatia were great, Brazil were great, Holland actually played some of the best football and would have deserved the title as well and then you even had teams like Italy, Argentina, Germany and even our boys with some terrific talent on the rosters.

This Croatia side would never and I mean never beat that one in 1998, not even close IMO.

Football has become more disciplined, but at the cost of losing individual talent. Teams run more, yes, teams defend better collectively, yes, but do you honestly even dare to compare the individual level of defending in that era to today? Where a chump like Sergio Ramos is considered the best defender. :howler:

PS It's Milojevic. Surely a football fan from Serbia should at least know the name of the most successful club coach we've seen since Ljupko Petrovic.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
That France side had Blanc, Thuram, Desailly, Vieira, Makelele, Zidane, Pires, Trezeguet and Henry, let that sink in for a minute. Some of you might have been too young to remember this side, but they didn't even play the best football in 1998 but they were a ridiculously stacked side. Croatia were great, Brazil were great, Holland actually played some of the best football and would have deserved the title as well and then you even had teams like Italy, Argentina, Germany and even our boys with some terrific talent on the rosters.

This Croatia side would never and I mean never beat that one in 1998, not even close IMO.

Football has become more disciplined, but at the cost of losing individual talent. Teams run more, yes, teams defend better collectively, yes, but do you honestly even dare to compare the individual level of defending in that era to today? Where a chump like Sergio Ramos is considered the best defender. :howler:

PS It's Milojevic. Surely a football fan from Serbia should at least know the name of the most successful club coach we've seen since Ljupko Petrovic.
1998 & 2000 are the two best tournaments that I’ve watched. Hands down.

Amazing tournaments with an incredible level of depth.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Don't know what to think about this side just now. Feels very much like we are still in limbo and waiting for 'real' stability. We still have deserving players missings from squads and some amateurish decisions on the pitch yet we are still getting half decent results which is actually contributing to the uncertainty.

Also on SMS, do we think he will regain form and become a big player for our NT? He is looking like a bit of a luxury player just now and some of his performances have been very poor this season. Starting to think he may waste his talent like many before him. Concerned.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
What results?

We can only truly judge him on his results after the qualifiers proper. This mini league masks a lot of problems that will come out should he continue as manager.

We’ll be very lucky if we avoid 2 good sides in the draw in a couple of weeks.

Agreed.

Looking at the list Marakana provided:

Pot 1

Belgium, Croatia, England, France, Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Poland

Pot 2

Germany, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Denmark, Russia, Austria, Wales, Czech Republic, Sweden

The only team we'd be able to beat just based on our individual quality is Wales. That's it! We stand no chance against anyone else.

Krstajic better leave on a high note like Muslin did before he becomes the joke of the country in 6 months.

I highly doubt we can get rid of him but maybe he's "smart" enough to resign from his position

Doubt Piksi would come. He has stated multiple times that he made a contract with his club overseas and he doesn't plan on betraying that contract even though they told him he can take over the NT if he wants. So, Piksi is out.

I wouldn't mind Jokanovic. I think it would be great for his resume too.

Eventually, I'd love Milojevic to take over Serbia

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Ramos is considered the best defender because he plays for Madrid. Why do you think Cristiano Ronaldo stopped winning individual trophies once he left Madrid? He wasn't even the best player at Madrid in the last two seasons. They could put Nacho or Reguilón in the World XI and nobody would say anything because they've been programming it into people's heads through their propaganda machine (media).

Serbia need to go step by step because we simply don't have the players in defense to do anything of importance. We're far behind in terms of collective and individual defending which is the most important aspect if this team is to have any success. Success is not achieved by chopping and changing after every single result or time the feeling is bad. Serbs are very schizophrenic as soon as something doesn't go their way. We need to take a look at ourselves instead of always longing for something we can't achieve.

There are many reasons why the atmosphere is permanently negative. We've had 10 coaches in the last 10 years! It reminds me of when Jesús Gil was president of Atlético Madrid and would say that kicking a coach is like taking a beer in the 1990's. It's in part because the people in charge (FA-leaders) have absolutely no idea about football. A good football leader recognizes qualities, sees a pattern and consults his own and knowledgeable people around for experience. The Dutch have a massive amount of footballing experience. What does Kokeza know about this sport?

NT-football is mostly about getting the fundamentals right and build a little while getting more out of your individual talent but then you need to know how to do this.

Krstajić is right about one thing: "Hoćemo sve, a nećemo ništa!"

We can't get it all with this type of leadership. Despite all his cons tactically and from a leadership view what I'll recognize is his wish to really create something. Hence why he always appears to be insulted on press conferences. Public opinion hurts him and he doesn't know how to handle it. But wishes aren't enough in professional football, especially at NT-level where you have no time to work with your players.

And I'd just remind you about Modrić, Rakitić and Mandžukić before someone mentions Croatia as an example of poor leadership but success on the pitch. These guys win everything on club level so they're not comparable to our players. Our level is Sweden at the World Cup - with a good draw and some luck.

Piksi? I repeat: we've had 10 coaches in the last decade. What'll make him special? We don't even know what he represents. Serbia needs someone who doesn't speak, Serbia needs someone that works, someone who knows how to work with the fundamentals, someone who knows the inside politics (FSS politics) and how to deal with them. He's been inside the organization but there's a reason why he left Serbia over a decade ago.

At least Krstajić won this group. At least Muslin won the previous group. At least we have three strikers that score goals these days. But the problem remains the same: you can't do much with a defense like ours.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Yes, sorry I was thinking on him, my bad. I'm not so much in club football, especially domestic, but still I agree he is good potential.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
People would be all over Milojević if he lost two games in a row he needed to win. The problem stays the same. They'd be all over Johan Cruijff, Pep Guardiola, Marcelo Lippi or Diego Simeone in their freaking prime if they lost two consecutive games. And I repeat: we'd go back to our schizophrenic ways because of our own self-image. Kings when we're winning, scoring goals and getting the odd result against big teams or grade I-idiots waiting to implode. There's never a middle, never a gray area, everything is either black or white. No wonder we're sitting where we're sitting when we've got a second tier attack, a third tier defense and fifth tier leadership.

At least we've got three goalscorers over the past two years.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Don't know what to think about this side just now. Feels very much like we are still in limbo and waiting for 'real' stability. We still have deserving players missings from squads and some amateurish decisions on the pitch yet we are still getting half decent results which is actually contributing to the uncertainty.

Also on SMS, do we think he will regain form and become a big player for our NT? He is looking like a bit of a luxury player just now and some of his performances have been very poor this season. Starting to think he may waste his talent like many before him. Concerned.
Exclusion of Milivojevic and Nastasic is inexcusable. While they might not be starters at the moment, they are absolutely need because if we lose Matic to injury or Mourinho BS and Fejsa refuses a call-up which is inevitable, we are f*cked at the DM position. Imagine playing Germany with Maksimovic and Lukic in midfield :howler:

SMS is fine. I think there's been too much smoke around him. He's not a world beater at the moment. Maybe never will be. But he has the potential to be our most creative midfielder since Piksi. So, whatever that means to you. He's playing ok at the moment. He's slowly getting his conditioning back. Everyone was positive at the club he'd be sold so they never called him back for pre-season and he came back out of shape because he was partying all summer in Greece. The next 2 years will determine what kind of player he will become. It's all about how players handle the fame that determines their success. Some go into partying like Grujic and Lazar Markovic. Others like Luka Jovic Radonjic and Pantic realize that they f*cked up and continue to improve. I expect the same from SMS. He's a player that can change a game with one pass. He needs to grow up first.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ramos is considered the best defender because he plays for Madrid. Why do you think Cristiano Ronaldo stopped winning individual trophies once he left Madrid? He wasn't even the best player at Madrid in the last two seasons. They could put Nacho or Reguilón in the World XI and nobody would say anything because they've been programming it into people's heads through their propaganda machine (media).

Serbia need to go step by step because we simply don't have the players in defense to do anything of importance. We're far behind in terms of collective and individual defending which is the most important aspect if this team is to have any success. Success is not achieved by chopping and changing after every single result or time the feeling is bad. Serbs are very schizophrenic as soon as something doesn't go their way. We need to take a look at ourselves instead of always longing for something we can't achieve.

There are many reasons why the atmosphere is permanently negative. We've had 10 coaches in the last 10 years! It reminds me of when Jesús Gil was president of Atlético Madrid and would say that kicking a coach is like taking a beer in the 1990's. It's in part because the people in charge (FA-leaders) have absolutely no idea about football. A good football leader recognizes qualities, sees a pattern and consults his own and knowledgeable people around for experience. The Dutch have a massive amount of footballing experience. What does Kokeza know about this sport?

NT-football is mostly about getting the fundamentals right and build a little while getting more out of your individual talent but then you need to know how to do this.

Krstajić is right about one thing: "Hoćemo sve, a nećemo ništa!"

We can't get it all with this type of leadership. Despite all his cons tactically and from a leadership view what I'll recognize is his wish to really create something. Hence why he always appears to be insulted on press conferences. Public opinion hurts him and he doesn't know how to handle it. But wishes aren't enough in professional football, especially at NT-level where you have no time to work with your players.

And I'd just remind you about Modrić, Rakitić and Mandžukić before someone mentions Croatia as an example of poor leadership but success on the pitch. These guys win everything on club level so they're not comparable to our players. Our level is Sweden at the World Cup - with a good draw and some luck.

Piksi? I repeat: we've had 10 coaches in the last decade. What'll make him special? We don't even know what he represents. Serbia needs someone who doesn't speak, Serbia needs someone that works, someone who knows how to work with the fundamentals, someone who knows the inside politics (FSS politics) and how to deal with them. He's been inside the organization but there's a reason why he left Serbia over a decade ago.

At least Krstajić won this group. At least Muslin won the previous group. At least we have three strikers that score goals these days. But the problem remains the same: you can't do much with a defense like ours.
Real is the best football club in the world and historically the most decorated. You can't really make this argument in comparison to us. You are severely underrating the individual talent of this team. Mitrovic is one of the best strikers in the EPL, Jovic is currently the best in Germany, Tadic is playing at a very high level and if he was at a bigger club, he'd be getting much more recognition, and the list goes on. This is the most talented team we've had in a long time but the problem isn't individual talent.

Look at Bosnia. You can't seriously tell me they're a better team than us. Or Switzerland because we actually played them at the WC. No, it has nothing to do with our lack of talent or age/experience. It has to do with our tactical organization. Look at our defense. It's in shambles every game. Imagine what France would do to us on the counter. 5-0 at the least.

Piksi is at least tactically competent. He also has backing from one of the best coaches of all time. So, I wouldn't be worried about him taking over but he's not going to lets be real.

So, you're telling me that Bosnia has better individual defenders than Serbia? Stop it. Maybe right back but nowhere else plus we have apparently one of the best DM's in the world that has NEVER been used properly for the NT.

Is it the individual players fault when defending corners and free kicks? No, absolutely not. It's up to the system to teach the defenders how to defend as a team.

Just like in basketball, Jokic isn't a good defender at all but Denver is the 3rd best defensive team in the NBA because they defend as a team.

These aren't good enough excuses. I can't believe in this day and age with the most talent we've ever had, we are still complaining about "lack of quality" haha

People would be all over Milojević if he lost two games in a row he needed to win. The problem stays the same. They'd be all over Johan Cruijff, Pep Guardiola, Marcelo Lippi or Diego Simeone in their freaking prime if they lost two consecutive games. And I repeat: we'd go back to our schizophrenic ways because of our own self-image. Kings when we're winning, scoring goals and getting the odd result against big teams or grade I-idiots waiting to implode. There's never a middle, never a gray area, everything is either black or white. No wonder we're sitting where we're sitting when we've got a second tier attack, a third tier defense and fifth tier leadership.

At least we've got three goalscorers over the past two years.

You can't seriously be comparing Krstajic to those coaches?

We shouldn't be complacent because our individual players on this team have a combined value of about 350 million euros. The rest of these squads are nowhere near that. Today was a rough game for sure because of the conditions but a coach that has to ask his players at half time what substitutions he needs to make for the 2nd half is not a good coach IMO. He also showed tactical flaws in all the other games. It's not minor flaws. Look at how Montenegro's B team and Lithuania broke down our defense within seconds. This isn't acceptable. He's had more than enough time to do something about it.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Read properly, DZ.

It's not a comparsion between Krstajić and these coaches, it's a description of how the Serbian football fan and our society works. Everything is short term as Krstajić mentioned. People would be knocking them down just like they knocked down other coaches in the past after a few bad results because it's in our nature to overreact. The amount of coaches in the past speaks volumes about this.

No, we're not better than Switzerland. We have done nothing to prove that. Not even when we played them head-to-head because we lost. Football is results business but you can't expect results if you keep chopping and changing constantly. Especially when you're in a phase to switch generations.

Mitrović scores goals in teams that play without defensive fundamentals (Serbia & Fulham) and he's not done anything to prove he's anywhere near to the best strikers in the Premier League. Five games isn't enough. Jović has great potential but he's got a long, long way ahead of him and there will be more bumps down the road. Tadić has customized role at Ajax and Serbia. Still haven't done anything on the biggest stage (four games in the Champions Lesgue don't count) and playing for an ambitiousless club in England doesn't change that fact.

People only look at the good players but we lack a really good CB-pairing, a RB of any sort above Kazkahstan-level, a stable and experienced CM-pairing that knows what to do when in crucial moments and a mobile striker (that could easily be Jović). The tactical ability of the coach is below par because he's still learning and the defensive organization doesn't work because it lacks collective quality to tap up for the errors that are commonly committed and it lacks even more in terms of individual defending. So no, we're once again portraying the wrong self-image and this is why it's constantly backfiring. That self-image is always waiting to implode in our faces.

Serbia is a second tier attacking team with a third tier defence and fifth tier leadership. How're we going to achieve anything when we add that false self-image of ourselves? Overachievment comes from hard work, knowledge and humility, not the other way around.

This team despite all it's weaknesses and injuries still closed things out tonight. But it's the permanent state of negativity that's sad to see.

Skickat från min Pixel C via Tapatalk

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
And another thing: the value of a squad is irrelevant to a certain degree when putting together a team. Especially in the inflated market of today. The Premier League and their failures in European competitions in the last decade is a perfect example of this. Only when they vacuumed the World of football on good coaches did they actually start improving (on going process) and guess why? Because they no longer had that arrogant self-image of being the best just because they're the richest or most "valuable".

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
@zoric, I really like the insight I got from your intelligent comments, I think you are spot on and actually some things from what you wrote. Well said.

Serbia has some potential for big things, but missing in other ways.

Humility is big effect on mentality and therefore the game, look at most holding champs and often their results in the following campaigns (ok this is generally not the only reason but still) and what teams like Iceland and even Costa Rica or Wales have achieved in the recent past. Yeah they may not be consistent or have the best players on paper but they have spirit, right mentality, proper tactics in place and strong leadership. These things are often a problem for quite a few EE countries...

That said with the right players, you have some base to work with at least, if you clean out shop like we started doing with our scum leaders that ****ed us for 26 years (though we still have corruption and stupidity), you might start to see changes. It takes time though, but for example we are already seeing huge improvements in youth system. But we miss more serious investors like Hagi in the youth, at least the new FRF considers this importance and has implemented two U21 players must start in each Liga I game starting next season. This season there was only one per team.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I watch more NFL and nba these days then club soccer but it's amazing what a change of coach can do to bad teams . Rams and bears went from shit to very good teams with the change of a coach. Players didn't change.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Read properly, DZ.

It's not a comparsion between Krstajić and these coaches, it's a description of how the Serbian football fan and our society works. Everything is short term as Krstajić mentioned. People would be knocking them down just like they knocked down other coaches in the past after a few bad results because it's in our nature to overreact. The amount of coaches in the past speaks volumes about this.

No, we're not better than Switzerland. We have done nothing to prove that. Not even when we played them head-to-head because we lost. Football is results business but you can't expect results if you keep chopping and changing constantly. Especially when you're in a phase to switch generations.

Mitrović scores goals in teams that play without defensive fundamentals (Serbia & Fulham) and he's not done anything to prove he's anywhere near to the best strikers in the Premier League. Five games isn't enough. Jović has great potential but he's got a long, long way ahead of him and there will be more bumps down the road. Tadić has customized role at Ajax and Serbia. Still haven't done anything on the biggest stage (four games in the Champions Lesgue don't count) and playing for an ambitiousless club in England doesn't change that fact.

People only look at the good players but we lack a really good CB-pairing, a RB of any sort above Kazkahstan-level, a stable and experienced CM-pairing that knows what to do when in crucial moments and a mobile striker (that could easily be Jović). The tactical ability of the coach is below par because he's still learning and the defensive organization doesn't work because it lacks collective quality to tap up for the errors that are commonly committed and it lacks even more in terms of individual defending. So no, we're once again portraying the wrong self-image and this is why it's constantly backfiring. That self-image is always waiting to implode in our faces.

Serbia is a second tier attacking team with a third tier defence and fifth tier leadership. How're we going to achieve anything when we add that false self-image of ourselves? Overachievment comes from hard work, knowledge and humility, not the other way around.

This team despite all it's weaknesses and injuries still closed things out tonight. But it's the permanent state of negativity that's sad to see.

Brate, you're refusing to answer my question.

Do you genuinely think that Bosnia, Switzerland, Iceland, Russia and Costa Rica have more individual talent than us?!
I'm not talking about how they play as a team. I'm saying position by position. Individually. Bench. Who has the best team? It's clearly us. By far.

Especially Iceland and Bosna. But they have overachieved because of good coaching with tactics and organization. Krstajic has had almost half a year to organize our defense and he has failed to continue to do so over and over. You can't tell me a back of Kolarov-Milenkovic-Veljkovic is bad. Sure, Rukavina is a hole but those other 3 more than make up for it. Most of the goals we allowed aren't even related to Rukavina.

Yes, Jovic has a long way to go but that doesn't change the fact that he's the leader in Bundesliga for goals scored. It's not a coincidence. Last season he showed the same potential. This year, he's realizing it. There's a reason why clubs like Bayern and Barca are willing to throw 40+ million for Jovic. They only do that for proven players. Tadic has been performing at this level for years. It's not just Ajax. He's always been consistently one of our best players. He isn't the problem. In fact, scoring goals ins't necessarily the problem. The problem is Krstajic's teams choke under pressure. They get lost on offense and the defense is severely disorganized. He has done nothing to change this. Not to mention he is ruining team chemistry by refusing to call up the absolute best players. What kind of coach does this? Only clowns like Mihajlovic and Muslin. That's who...

Krstajic's media response is a cop out answer. It's a "boo-hoo, please feel sorry for me because I am sad and I might not return to the NT in March of next year"

Blah blah blah. We've heard this sh*t before. It's a psychological tactic to use emotions to sway the general public to be on your side. He's a sneaky and shady character. Maybe you should look deeper into his history post football career. He's mixed up with some suspicious characters.

I think you're severely underrating the quality of our individual players. There's a reason why everyone talks about how much we are underachieving.

Look at what Antic did in 2010 with a clearly inferior squad compared to today's squad. How can you explain that? We don't even need to talk about other NT's. Antic brought organization. He was a set piece tactical wizard. He knew how to organize his defense. He knew how to utilize his offensive players despite clearly lacking talent. I mean for heaven's sake we had pre-Juventus Krasic, Milan "the crazy" Jovanovic, headless chicken Pantelic, and giraffe Zigic. One of the most underwhelming teams we've ever had but he made it work and we beat freaking Germany. So, let's not talk about individual talent because during that time we beat a lot of teams that were much better than us on an individual talent level. That's the difference a proper manager makes. You're defending Krstajic way too much and there's no valid reason for it unless he's your 2nd cousin once removed or some shit like that :devil2:

And no, he hasn't been learning at all. His team plays the same if not worse than at the WC months ago. He's had more than enough time to adjust and set up the defense at the VERY LEAST.
The only reason we won this group is because Montenegro and Romania played with their B teams practically and we had a little bit of luck on our side (refs disallowing Montenegro's goal, undeserved penalties, and some lucky touches). It's also the easiest group in C league. Like I said, he literally needs his players to tell him what to do......

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
@zoric, I really like the insight I got from your intelligent comments, I think you are spot on and actually some things from what you wrote. Well said.

Serbia has some potential for big things, but missing in other ways.

Humility is big effect on mentality and therefore the game, look at most holding champs and often their results in the following campaigns (ok this is generally not the only reason but still) and what teams like Iceland and even Costa Rica or Wales have achieved in the recent past. Yeah they may not be consistent or have the best players on paper but they have spirit, right mentality, proper tactics in place and strong leadership. These things are often a problem for quite a few EE countries...

That said with the right players, you have some base to work with at least, if you clean out shop like we started doing with our scum leaders that ****ed us for 26 years (though we still have corruption and stupidity), you might start to see changes. It takes time though, but for example we are already seeing huge improvements in youth system. But we miss more serious investors like Hagi in the youth, at least the new FRF considers this importance and has implemented two U21 players must start in each Liga I game starting next season. This season there was only one per team.
If anyone needs humility, it's you.

Coming on our board seeking some sort of validation that you guys are better than what you really are :howler:

If anyone lacks quality, it's most definitely Romania.

You are an excellent example of how good coaching can make a talentless team, a very impressive side.

I mean look at this:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=140&yt0=Show

Then look at this:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=215&yt0=Show

It's not even close. We have one player that's worth more than your whole team.

Which is my point exactly! You guys have a competent leader in control of your team. We don't.

Thanks for helping me make my point to Zoric :devil2:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts

The Dutch used to have Bergkamp and Kluivert starting upfront with van Hooijdonk, Hasselbaink and Makaay etc in reserve. Now all they need is Ryan Babel, a false nine Depay and Luuk De Jong in reserve to give France and Germany a footballing lesson in a competitive game.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,240 Posts
If anyone needs humility, it's you.

Coming on our board seeking some sort of validation that you guys are better than what you really are :howler:

If anyone lacks quality, it's most definitely Romania.

You are an excellent example of how good coaching can make a talentless team, a very impressive side.

I mean look at this:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=140&yt0=Show

Then look at this:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=215&yt0=Show

It's not even close. We have one player that's worth more than your whole team.

Which is my point exactly! You guys have a competent leader in control of your team. We don't.

Thanks for helping me make my point to Zoric :devil2:
I think someone else in this board already made the point of value vs. talent.. I didn’t come on the board for validation but actually to refute your self-righteous arguments with actual facts. You are not so special just because you have an insanely valued player who, talent aside, has been out of form for some time, in this insanely inflated market. You do not have all insights into our football or its future either, and I even conceded that you are the better team currently.

Not a fantastic generation we’ve had recently, no, but to call us a talentless team is ludicrous... Maxim, Stanciu, Marin, Andone, Budescu, Radu (last two not in the team, ok), are far from that. And as I said, our kids are on the come up and that’s a fact from their results with clubs and internationals. Look them up. Yes they have their career issues one way or another, but the talent they’ve displayed at the highest levels (Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, European club competition, internationals vs the likes of Spain and Belgium) prove it. I know you have great youth too and it doesn’t always work perfectly in transitioning to seniors but trust..

Also our coach is not so experienced and has made selection mistakes as well. Yes he is the best we’ve had, probably ever, but still just competent.. no way he’s the only reason we’ve had decent results, though it helps to play football when you have someone decent at the helm obviously..

Anyway, we’ve suffered worse problems than you in that area for much longer, not to mention how our FA and many other scum ruined our football for more than two decades, the decline began just after 2000 as Hagi had predicted in 98.. so what does that tell you? And I’m sure you have your personalities, but try having Gigi Becali in your football :D

Also, for a laugh: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/7wsdg4/the_absolute_joke_of_romanian_football/

Anyway, talk all the shit you want, you have talents but not so much that you can really be so arrogant, fact is you couldn’t beat us even when we missed several key players and in a transition period between a mostly crap/wasted generation and a promising one. For **** sakes, we started a 19 yo (Dragus) against you who hadn’t even played for the U21s yet.. and he scored several in EL against Vitesse, just for example. I could go on but I waste my time here.. show a little more humility like your buddies here

@ me again in a couple years :D though I’m sure we could still **** a lot of things up because of how ****ed up people in our football can be.. no denying there is an abundance of talent coming, proven at a high level in most cases

Peace

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Krstajic’s main problem is a complete lack of authority and credibility. I believe he’s the first manager Serbia has had with no managerial experience since Dejan Savicevic’s unsuccessful stint in 2002/2003.

He’s also not very likeable. He stepped into Muslin’s shoes by justifying himself that he wasn’t Muslin’s assistant but works for the FSS.

The fact that Muslin had had a successful qualifying campaign just exacerbated this. He’s on the back foot immediately.

People are much more willing to give someone a shot if they feel that they’re experienced, have some sort of coaching background etc. Of course some coaches just come in and know the job but it’s very rare and happens once in a blue moon.

And I think Zoric your description of fans is wide off the mark. People now just don’t care about the NT because of what we continually see within the FSS etc. There are no more expectations, no real hopes and you then end up with about 1,100 people at the stadium.

And yes we are lacking good defenders but that’s why as a manager you shouldn’t treat your best one poorly. We do have a stable experienced midfielder but rather than listening to what he has to say he’s cut off from the NT and accused of attempting a coup.

And we do have a mobile exciting young forward and instead he gets 7 minutes of football over two games whilst we’re leading.

Now these are his decisions.

No one is expecting world beaters, just for us to be more than the sum of the parts. If we’re disorganised and poor at the back it’s his job to fix it and if he’s unable to do so then is he the right man for the job?

I’m all for stability but someone with at least a bit of pedigree, with a bit of nous and with an idea of how to improve going forward.

I’ve already said this but as great as Mitrovic’s goalscoring record is for country, his characteristics will prevent us from improving. He’s fine against weaker sides but when more is expected of a forward against bigger sides he won’t be up to much. If we want to press high or play a quicker attacking game he’s unlikely to be able to do that as effectively.

But he’s played almost every minute of every game under Krstajic without any foresight to try and change things up when he’s not on the pitch.

Most sides across Europe have treated this competition as the semi competitive fun experimental tournament it is. He’s treated it as life or death. Perhaps because his job isn’t safe but then should he have had the job in the first place?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
One point on Milojević

He’s done more against better opposition with lesser players than Krstajić has.

He very quickly turned around a side that was horrendous under Bozovic. He had the players for a matter of weeks before we beat Sparta Prague and then Krasnodar.

No team has beaten us twice so far under his tenure and he learns from his mistakes whilst not being scared to acknowledge his mistakes and change things quickly. He never makes excuses and his press conferences are always on point.

But then him and his team appear knowledgable and forward thinking and most importantly they work their arses off. If you’ve watched Zvezda TV you’ll see them analysing Surdulica after a getting a point at the Emirates for example. Let’s also not forget that he did a great job at Cuka and a pretty good job at Panionios as well.

But a coach like him who has experience is much better placed to get time and patience than someone who has never done anything.

Now that’s not to say I want him near the Serbia job for now. He’s got much more growth as a manager and it’s something he should look to do later on in his career. But it’s an example of what we should expect from a manager.

It’s of course another matter whether we can attract someone of that ilk.

501 - 520 of 553 Posts