Xtratime Community banner

Who do you want HRVATSKA to draw? (Pick 1 from each pot)

• Pot 1 - France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pot 1 - Spain

• Pot 2 - Portugal

• Pot 2 - Denmark

• Pot 4 - Wales

• Pot 4 - Czechia

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sleeve Font Tints and shades Pattern Graphics

2022-2023 Draw
Nyon, Switzerland 18:00 CET (12PM EST)​

Croatia is in Pot 3 of the League A draw along with England, Switzerland and Poland

Draw procedure

The 16 teams allocated to League A are divided into four draw pots as follows:
• Pot 1 will contain the four best-ranked teams, i.e. the teams ranked 1st to 4th
• Pot 2 will contain the four teams ranked 5th to 8th
• Pot 3 will contain the four teams ranked 9th to 12th
• Pot 4 will contain the four teams ranked 13th to 16th
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

In all cases teams will play all their group opponents home and away in June and September 2022. Four of the six matchdays will be in June due to the winter scheduling of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

The four group winners in League A will advance to the knockout Finals in June 2023. The group winners in the other three leagues will all be promoted for the 2024/25 edition.

The teams finishing fourth in the groups in Leagues A and B will be relegated. The teams finishing fourth in the League C groups will enter the play-outs in March 2024, with the two teams defeated in those ties moving to League D.

What are the dates?
Matchdays 1 & 2: 2–8 June 2022
Matchdays 3 & 4: 8–14 June 2022
Matchdays 5 & 6: 22–27 September 2022
Finals draw: tbc
Semi-finals: 14 & 15 June 2023
Final & third-place match: 18 June 2023
Play-outs: 21–23 & 24–26 March 2024

How will the Finals work?
The four League A group winners will take part, with in principle one appointed as hosts. The semi-finals will be played on 14 and 15 June 2023, with the final and third-place play-off to follow on 18 June.

How does UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying fit into this?
The format for UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying is not yet confirmed, including any details of how teams might earn play-off spots via the 2022/23 UEFA Nations League.

The UEFA EURO 2024 competition regulations are expected to be approved and published by June 2022.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed my vote in the poll, but beyond that I would prefer something like:

Pot 1 - Italia or Belgium. Would like to see Vatreni versus teams we haven’t played in a longer time (Italia was 2015, Belgium was 2013, 2012 for competitive fixture), than try to get revenge against France or Spain who we have played recently. Don’t like the risk of losses versus Italia though as I do like having the ‘we’ve beaten you and you’ve never beaten us’ card over my Italian relatives and friends :)

Pot 2 - Germany or Netherlands, for same reason as above haven't played them since 2008. Germany could be especially interesting as I have a good buddy in my neighborhood who is German and that would be fun

Pot 4 - Austria, we have played them since 2010 in a friendly. The others we played with in 2019 or 2021

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
7,009 Posts
I want all our bogeyman teams plus Nepoznat’s beloved ‘Italia’ since I love beating that Italian ass

Italy
Portugal
Czech Republic

We need to notch a W (eventually) and this would be a good low pressure scenario to do it (vs. trying to do it at a major tournament)
Same with the Czechs. Would like a decisive W vs. them. They always play us tough but we have the better team.

Would be fun games and good competition, especially if we roll out more of our youngsters and not play guys like Luka, Ivan and other vets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Anyone but France and Portugal.
Nah. Give me both of them. We need to learn to beat these guys. We can’t always try to dodge them… otherwise they’ll keep beating us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
I feel good about the draw and going into UNL. We have a lot of young talent that we can rotate into these games. We’re rounding into better form, post WCQ’ers. I know this isn’t a true major tournament but excited to see how we do and I think we’ll do well and finish in the top 2. Don’t foresee a repeat of the last UNL that was an absolute disaster.

Reactions: Ante and Nepoznat

·
Registered
24,710 Posts
I feel good about the draw and going into UNL. We have a lot of young talent that we can rotate into these games. We’re rounding into better form, post WCQ’ers. I know this isn’t a true major tournament but excited to see how we do and I think we’ll do well and finish in the top 2. Don’t foresee a repeat of the last UNL that was an absolute disaster.
I vow I will watch these games rolaids free*...and what happens happens....hopefully we get get some young guys some valuable experience in particular against france.....

* Am saving the rolaids stockpile for Qatar when it really matters )

1 - 20 of 36 Posts