Xtratime Community banner

Who will win this UEFA Nations League match?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think Dalic might have found his answers about the World cup starting XI from the match in Denmark

Livakovic Stanisic Sutalo Gvardiol Sosa Brozo Lukita Kovacic Pasalic Kramaric Perisic

Main subs Juranovic Erlic Barisic Sucic Majer Brekalo Vlasic Budimir.
I think this is probably our strongest line up given the choices available. Pasalic and Perisic gives you enough aieral threat in the box. Kramaric as lone striker not ideal but it's a compromise we have to make work somehow.

Only thing I would say is why are we writing off Caleta Car so early. Sutalo has had half a season at Dinamo and one cap. Feels like every time someone has a good one or two games we automatically hype them up and they should start over an established player. Don't get me wrong I think the spot is definitely up for grabs but Sutalo has a lot more to prove before he gets the nod imo

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have seen Caleta playing for 3-4 years regularly now as Marseille is my club. He shouldn't be a starter in our National Team now that there are serious contenders for these positions. Man is like 1m95 100 kilos and i never saw him doing what Erlic and Sutalo did in Denmark. He looks tough but he is not.
Fair enough. I thought Sutalos anticipation and reading of the game was very good. Another thing to consider is the Dinamo connection. Livakovic, Sosa, Gvardiol and maybe even Sutalo should have at least some experience playing together ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think that Caleta and Pongracic probably lost their croatian national team expectations in these 2 matchs.
They didn't take their chance when they had the opportunity.
Pongracic has definitely fallen down the pecking order but Caleta Car I can forgive. Playing a day before your wedding? At the end of the day probably Dalics fault for playing him that sometimes there are human factors involved. It's up to Caleta-Car now to prove he is still worthy of starting. I think Dalic indirectly fired off a warning to Caleta-Car, Lovren and co. when he said the youngsters will go to Qatar if they continue like this.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Even if we skip the last match Caleta played i don't think that what hé showed since 2018 makes him a serious contender for a starting spot now.
Even Modric praised Sutalo Erlic Stanisic After the games.
And now popular demand, medias are all thinking about the way to involve Gvardiol with them.
Dalic is tied to them now. They impressed everybody.
That's fair enough. I just think Caleta-Car will be given another chance. Pongracic not so much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts