Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Nations League match?

• HRVATSKA by 1 goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scorless draw

• Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Livakovic, come on !!!!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am not convinced by our gk even if he is the best we got. He doesn't give our players the confidence we need under pressure they don't have a boss behind them.
The guy can make 5 miracle saves and then gift a goal or from an easy shot give it back to the opponents right in front of the net.
Not convinced at all he will be better than Subasic was.

·
Registered
69,524 Posts
They retain their League A status at least so they will at least be in Pot 2 for the next Euro qualifying draw, they were in danger to fall to Pot 3. Glad to get the campaign over with, we need to stabilize the team a bit so luckily there is about 5 months till the next important matches

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I am not convinced by our gk even if he is the best we got. He doesn't give our players the confidence we need under pressure they don't have a boss behind them.
The guy can make 5 miracle saves and then gift a goal or from an easy shot give it back to the opponents right in front of the net.
Not convinced at all he will be better than Subasic was.
The man has had more brain farts than Suba ever did. I still think he’s good I mean throughout the Nations League he had some great saves. I tend to think it’s more an issue of him needing to move onto a better league. He spends whole games not doing a thing at Dinamo.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Weird match, we played better with a man down? The performance was much improved, the result sadly not. Portugal had a clear Hand ball allowed to be continued for their second goal. Rog,s sending off also led to their second. Our team played neat, they fought for every ball and controlled the game for long periods of time despite lacking a player for 40 minutes of the second half. Livakovic was really good only to mess up but all in all far more promising performance and something the lads can build on, and Kova to score 2 after not scoring for 5 years 😂

·
Registered
36 Posts
This campaign was super sketchy but I'm glad to see Kovacic stepping up for the national team

As far from ideal as this NL campaign was, the guys were super unlucky today - also both games against France. The two unredeemable games were the last one vs the swedes and the first Portugal game.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
LB yeah between this game and the French games they were quite unlucky not to get a result. But the first Portugal game and the previous Sweden game were complete disasters. This team is such an up and down inconsistent bunch. Also people have to remember we had a team filled with injuries and viruses. I think if healthy or not carded we’d have 4/5 different guys in there today and places like RB, CB were completely barren today.

Bradaric is a very good player the guy going forward is excellent and today he was good defensively. Also many crap on Lovren but the guy played tough today him and Caleta Car should be the pairing going forward.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
We played great today, considering that this was nowhere near our starting lineup, that we were down a man for over 40 minutes, and we showed great character.

Portugal did nothing yet won the friggin game, they get every call in every game known to man. Luckiest team I have ever witnessed, but they can have their Christmas tree shirts, hope they love them.

Desperately trying not to let the winning goal bother me but not sure if that is going to work.

Don't know if I am sold on Livakovic as our starting goal keeper. Our defense has been pure crap in front of him, and he makes some great saves, but he cannot let that third goal happen, and I don't know if I have the confidence in him right now.

Loved Bradaric, Vlasic, Luka, and Kovacic, and the effort from our guys put in to hang in there for over 40 minutes being a man down.

Last Question

Can 2020 just end please!!!!! :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I also liked Bradaric. And maybe I am the only one but I like Juranovic as I feel he makes our midfielders breathe more than others at his position by his ability to go forward and to play in short spaces.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I had an ominous feeling after the first yellow by Rog, then the completely and unnecessarily reckless challenge throws the game away.

Someone has to say it... Skoric was immense on a couple of occasions :D. Also, really happy that Kova finally bagged in a couple

Lastly, this is why VAR should be for, to remedy ref fuckups

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had an ominous feeling after the first yellow by Rog, then the completely and unnecessarily reckless challenge throws the game away.

Someone has to say it... Skoric was immense on a couple of occasions :D. Also, really happy that Kova finally bagged in a couple

Lastly, this is why VAR should be for, to remedy ref fuckups
Everyone was making fun of Skoric but yes I agree he had a good game.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I also liked Bradaric. And maybe I am the only one but I like Juranovic as I feel he makes our midfielders breathe more than others at his position by his ability to go forward and to play in short spaces.
Juranovic is good going forward. Technically he’s good also good crosser. Problem is his pace is average and defensively he can be exposed as he’s small and makes dumb descisions. For me it’s clear that Bradaric is a better player then Barisic and Melnjak.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What a crap way to lose that in the end from such a schoolboy mistake. Two bits of silliness from Rog but otherwise I like his game. Everyone saw the handball for the goal except the 3 monkeys who are supposed to rule on these things. English refs are the worst. Otherwise the team actually showed great heart & character.

Agree with rilla_, Škorić was immense, my new favourite player :), at least for today.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Don't think I've ever felt so good after a loss. Great to see some character and fight in this team, particularly after the poor Swedish performance. Livakovic is still a work in progress but as alluded to, he needs to make a strong move away from Dinamo, somewhere where he'll be a regular. By goalkeeping standards, he's still very young. Give him time and with a bit of luck I expect that this kid will become the best keeper we've had to date.

Happy for Kovacic.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Frustrating but at the same time I would like to beat them for the first time when it really matters. I would rather lose 3-4 nations leagues games against them and beat them at euro or world cup.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts