Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Nations League match?

• HRVATSKA by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scoreless Draw

• France by 1 goal

• France by 2+ goals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
More positives than negatives. Other than Vida and Barisic I felt most played relatively well. All the subs were good, felt Brekalo, Kovacic were quite good.

Vida is done I don’t understand why Caleta-Car wasn’t in? He’s just better and he played against the Swedes too? Also at LB I watched Sosa yesterday he was very good once again! I can’t say I watched him much at Stuttgart but from the U21 he will give us more than Barisic without a doubt. Barisic is fine with the Hungary’s of the world but not against elite competition. We played arguably our 3/4 best option in that position this past week?
We are certainly looking good with both Bradaric and Sosa as future LB options, both are much much bettter than say Barisic, Meljnjak or Pivaric/Leovac. The future looks bright for that position and decent defence with Caleta/ Pograncic and Gvardiol hopefully. Dalić seems reluctant in trusting the new guys yet, for me the selection of Vida instead Caleta Car v Franc is an example of that. However, who on earth can replace our maestro Luka post Euro next year ??

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dalic doesn't want to hurt the friends from 2018 and it might cost us at euro I think.
A guy like Badelj shouldn't be called anymore over a Toma Basic and worse he is starting a game against the world champions.

·
Registered
479 Posts
doesn't admit his own mistakes on the yesterday's game.
He said that when Swedes don't punish you from every single mistake France does punish. But it is wrong.
Mbappe Martial Pogba didn't punish us from huge opportunities they had.

·
Registered
600 Posts
doesn't admit his own mistakes on the yesterday's game.
He said that when Swedes don't punish you from every single mistake France does punish. But it is wrong.
Mbappe Martial Pogba didn't punish us from huge opportunities they had.
We had our missed chances as well with Pasalic and Kramarić. The Pogba chance never should have happened as that was not a corner kick. Ref gave I think 3 extra corners which were obvious bad calls.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't really know how to explain it. Every time its the same story with France. We can move the ball around quite easily, create chances etc etc but they just always seem to finish their chances better.

Our defense is still complete shit. No confidence whatsoever. Dalic really needs to start Bradaric and Caleta Car in the next few games. Vlasic making me eat my words, just continues to impress. Petkovic needs to get his shit together or he can watch at home with Kramaric in the form of his life. Pasalic has no business playing on the wing. Lets not do the whole Brozovic RW experiment from the Cacic days please.

Ajmooooooooooo

·
Registered
479 Posts
France isn't a team that you can beat playing without your best players available. Even Germany lost against them as soon as some players missed.
Vida Barisic Badelj Pasalic Petkovic aren't the best options at the position they were used on Wednesday October 14th . 5 players from 11 starters and Lovren is also a question right now.
We won't beat France this way.
If you want to stop the dark serie against them you got to play your best players all over the pitch without thinking about the egos of some.

·
Registered
479 Posts
When we won against England in 2006-2007 we used the players we had that went to play in their league.
I remember also France losing against Senegal in 2002 with most of their squad coming from French league.
Now we got few players in France that adapted to their football and we don't use them when we face them...

·
Registered
4,688 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Reactions: croamturbo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure Uremovic or Vida was at fault for the second goal.
France 2nd goal was so sublime i could hardly bring myself to blame any of our defenders. Just took 3 touches from center circle to the ball ending up in the net. Uremovic was hardly able to close down Digne as he hit an amazing cross on the volley. Having said that i don't believe France can always get away with it despite not dominating proceedings. Will come a time when they have an off day and can't pull something out of the hat.

Super busy so I can't comment a lot but wow Nikola Vlašić, next Croatian Balon d'Or winner?!? Love love LOVE this kid!!!

If so maybe I predicted it as my first born is Luka Nikola J.......ć! First name was after Modrić, second name after his grandfather but if Vlašić wins Bd'Or I will claim I predicted his rise from Hajduk u12 team when my Luka was born LOL!
Bravo Nep!👏 May your prediction come true.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
After these matches these are my conclusions

Positives:
1. Vlasic, Brekalo, Bradaric , Uremovic, Caleta Car are massive gains for the NT and plenty of good players coming through the pipeline of current U21 generation ( Moro, Majer, Sutalo, Gvardiol, Nejasmic).
2. Luka, Brozovic, Kovacic, Vlasic are still hell of A midfield lineup imo When in form.
3. Potential world class defence lineup in the making if Vrsaljko is fit would look like : Vrsaljko/Uremovic, Lovren/ Pograncic, Caleta-car / Vida , Bradaric/Sosa

Negatives;

1. Current defensive fragility, conceding way to many goals
2 . Luka will not last forever
3. Lack of World class striker
4. Dalić questionable tactics and player selection post WC18

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ivan Sunjic seems about to pick Bosnian national squad.
It would be shame to lose him but I don’t see much of a future for him in the National team. We have Moro and Basic soon to be called up and guys like Bistrovic and Nejasmic waiting for callups in the future. There is also palaversa the man city player who was loaned in Spain somewhere. In 2 years maybe Sucic as well. I just hope he does not go to Italy.

·
Registered
600 Posts
After these matches these are my conclusions

Positives:
1. Vlasic, Brekalo, Bradaric , Uremovic, Caleta Car are massive gains for the NT and plenty of good players coming through the pipeline of current U21 generation ( Moro, Majer, Sutalo, Gvardiol, Nejasmic).
2. Luka, Brozovic, Kovacic, Vlasic are still hell of A midfield lineup imo When in form.
3. Potential world class defence lineup in the making if Vrsaljko is fit would look like : Vrsaljko/Uremovic, Lovren/ Pograncic, Caleta-car / Vida , Bradaric/Sosa

Negatives;

1. Current defensive fragility, conceding way to many goals
2 . Luka will not last forever
3. Lack of World class striker
4. Dalić questionable tactics and player selection post WC18
Team will still be good when Luka retires but replacing him is impossible. Even at 35 he is so good. His passing first touch footballing brain is a notch above everyone including the French midfield as well. Like you said I think our defense will be better once all the younger players start playing. Dalic has a difficult time letting go of the old guard that helped him get to a wc finals which is understandable. As for striker I’m hoping it’s going to be Petkovic. He has the ability to be a top player a he showed for Dinamo and in euro qualifiers. His head seems to be a problem. He needs a hard discipline coach like Bjelica to straighten him out as he did several times as Dinamo coach by throwing him out of practice.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It is a shame also that Badelj that never really played an important role for the national team keeps being called at the expense of younger better players.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
It is a shame also that Badelj that never really played an important role for the national team keeps being called at the expense of younger better players.
I beg to differ. The guy is still a valuable asset imo. Vastly experienced, good on the ball, reads the game well, good vision all around etc. I dunno about you, but he provides a sense of calmness (stability) that I do not see with many players at the current NT disposal. Going back to what I said the other day, while Kovacic does have the speed for example, he is quite often wasteful with the chances he creates. I know who I'd trust more

·
Registered
600 Posts
I beg to differ. The guy is still a valuable asset imo. Vastly experienced, good on the ball, reads the game well, good vision all around etc. I dunno about you, but he provides a sense of calmness (stability) that I do not see with many players at the current NT disposal. Going back to what I said the other day, while Kovacic does have the speed for example, he is quite often wasteful with the chances he creates. I know who I'd trust more
Badelj can’t run anymore. He was never blessed with much agility or speed but he looks like a traffic cone out there. Croatia played much better when Kovacic came on. He had probably one of his best games for the National team. A couple of his passes were misplaced but he brought energy someone who could dribble through the French players with pace.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Agree about Badelj being past his best, Surely someone fresher and younger like Basic who is also doing well in the French league at Bordeaux would be someone to consider for the future, sadly Badelj seems to lethargic for a DM. The french press was curious why Basic wasn’t even called up in the NT as he seems quite highly regarded by them. I think also that Croatia need A player like him as Brozovic replacement/substitute.

·
Registered
479 Posts
He can be OK against the likes of Iceland, Romania, Northern Ireland... But not against a top nation... His calm doesn't bring much as he is just too slow to deal with top opposition.
I would rather have a younger player that got also his own qualities that can get more and more experience and that got the legs to run and put some pressing when a Brozovic is injured.
I have seen Basic playing few times now and he is way better than Badelj as we speak. The fact that Badelj had to leave to Genoa also shows that he isn't at the level anymore for an average team like Fiorentina. At his peak he was already just a bench option for us and he declined.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
He can be OK against the likes of Iceland, Romania, Northern Ireland... But not against a top nation... His calm doesn't bring much as he is just too slow to deal with top opposition.
I would rather have a younger player that got also his own qualities that can get more and more experience and that got the legs to run and put some pressing when a Brozovic is injured.
I have seen Basic playing few times now and he is way better than Badelj as we speak. The fact that Badelj had to leave to Genoa also shows that he isn't at the level anymore for an average team like Fiorentina. At his peak he was already just a bench option for us and he declined.
I think you're selling him a bit short. There's no denying he has entered the twilight years of his career and we all yearn for the next generation of players to be tested at the highest level. Notwithstanding Badelj has been there, done that, and offers what others have yet to prove.

Other than some HS matches, I must admit I haven't watched Basic play for Bordeaux. They have been pretty average themselves as a team over the years.

Badelj can’t run anymore. He was never blessed with much agility or speed but he looks like a traffic cone out there. Croatia played much better when Kovacic came on. He had probably one of his best games for the National team. A couple of his passes were misplaced but he brought energy someone who could dribble through the French players with pace.
You're right, he was never blessed with speed. Though, he did everything else rather well.
Yes, Kova was lively when he came on at half time, but their whole demeanor changed after the first 20 or so minutes anyway. Pressed really nicely for the rest of the game. Sitting back wasn't going to cut it.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts