Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Nations League match?

• HRVATSKA by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scoreless Draw

• France by 1 goal

• France by 2+ goals

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
They are infuriating yes but we give them ourselves the weapons to kill us. You don't have the right to play this team with the backline and defensive midfield that started the match tonight. From 5 players only 1 should be there against this kind of opposition.
But those same players took us to the final of the WC, however I agree, our back line potentially very soon could be Vrsaljko - CaletaCar - Pograncic - Bradaric which is far younger and quicker although Caleta Car does remind me a bit of Corluka, not the fastest but reads the game well with impressive technical ability. Also up coming are Gvardiol and hopefully Benkovic for CD.s and quite a few right and left back options coming through the younger generations.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Against Portugal end with a 4-1 was a gift for us we should have lost 10-1.
And our genius get the idea to bring the same players against France Boze moj.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Really glad we have Vlasic, he'll be our talisman after the brilliant Modric retires (dreading that day). Satisfied with Uremovic and hope he continues to play RB at Rubin and improve in that position.. needs to work on his crossing.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Uremovic is a satisfaction for us tonight. But please bring the likes of Sutalo Sosa Moro Majer Krovinovic we need fresh legs that can run.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Uremovic is “ satisfactory”, that’s about it, but compared to Vrsaljko he,s far from great. It’s the same with Meljnjak or Barisic, they are OK, but really ? The only real potential on par with Srna type quality of player attributes is Bradaric ( maybe Sosa as well).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some strange calls by the ref, that France corner where they almost scored is a good example. Lovren is starting to annoy me as well on the same play he whiffed on a clearance and seems to be too busy acting 'hard' on and off the field than defending
Yeah that corner was BS. And so was Lovren for missing that clearance that France could well have capitalized on. Imo he shouldn't be starting for us anymore.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Uremovic is “ satisfactory”, that’s about it, but compared to Vrsaljko he,s far from great. It’s the same with Meljnjak or Barisic, they are OK, but really ? The only real potential on par with Srna type quality of player attributes is Bradaric ( maybe Sosa as well).
To me Uremovic is way more solid than the likes of Jedvaj Barisic Melnjak etc His right side conceded very little in 2 matchs against Sweden and France and he doesn't lose dangerous balls while going forward.
But I would like to see
Bradaric Caleta Uremovic Sutalo

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Ljudi moji , pa nismo mi Francuska da se mozemo tek tako rijesiti igraca poput Lovrena, pogotovo onih sa kreditom sa 2018 WC. Vidi sigurno dolazi kraj sto se tice repke.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Really poor game by the backline.

Kovacic gets on his amazing runs to then bungle a normal pass. Has he ever had a good shot at the goal? Well, Brekalo wasn't that much better either, but at least he delivered an assist.
Ye couple of times made great runs with the ball then a poor pass. I’ll give him credit though he gave us control of midfield in the second half.

·
Registered
602 Posts
To me Uremovic is way more solid than the likes of Jedvaj Barisic Melnjak etc His right side conceded very little in 2 matchs against Sweden and France and he doesn't lose dangerous balls while going forward.
But I would like to see
Bradaric Caleta Uremovic Sutalo
Uremovic did a good job against Mbbape. Stopped him a couple of times one on one. Not sure Uremovic or Vida was at fault for the second goal.

·
Registered
602 Posts
He’s a lot better defensively then Jedvaj. He has descent speed as well. Offensively nothing really that stands out but he’s a natural center back. Caleta car good comparison to corluka. I think Charlie is a bit better technique but Car is more athletic. Car also is really good with long balls.

·
Registered
484 Posts
When we play France we need Kovacic on the pitch.
His speed and skills bother their team. To me he is a key.
The slow players allow them to build their wall and swallow us.
We need as much speed as possible when we play them.
What could work against them is to have Brozovic Kovacic Modric midfield and Vlasic Rebic Brekalo upfront. Bradaric Uremovic LB RB Players that won't stop to harass them.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Deschamp has made his team a mirror image of himself from his playing days...awesome at winning ugly. There...that's my venting and frustration out of the way!

On the bright side, these games are extremely useful in shaping this team moving forward. Already we're starting to see which players we can genuinely rely on. Vlasic and Brekalo are genuine contributors and I also think Caleta Car has now shown that he can't be denied.

There are indications that a Brozovic - Modric - Kovacic midfield will work well, provided that they bring Kramaric into the game more readily. There were a few times tonight when Krama came deep to pick up the ball and following a lay-off and penetrating run we were almost able to find him again with a third ball. That needs to be polished a bit more but I think it would work when looking to break down the usual two banks of four. It's the first time I really noticed that.

Ultimately though this team is still heavily reliant on Modric and Perisic. There will be an inevitable lull when they leave.

As for our full backs, that's clearly an unresolved area. We at least need Sime back.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Listening to the press conference a French reporter asked about Toma Basic and why he has not called to the National team. Dalic said that they are watching him and know he playing well in France but there is a lot of competition at his position. Dalic said will see maybe next games he gets called up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Better overall performance, dominated France for the last 70, undone by some lapses in defence and with better finishing should have taken the match ( I thought Krama's attempt on 90 would be a trademark curl into the top corner but alas...).

Although I like Brekalo I thought he was wasteful in possession except for the assist. Pasalic not done any favours by getting played on the wing but don't see how he fits if Vlasic is in the team (which he always should be, a star in the making).

Uremovic is a stop gap maybe, but the best we have at the moment. Solid & surprisingly quick - will give us good depth at CB in the years to come. Love Vida but I think his time has passed.

Like the hustle from Budimir, shows promise, plays a fair bit like Mandzo. Kovacic played well, hopefully more of that to come.

Somehow need to find a way to effectively play both Vlasic & Kramaric who seem to be our biggest goal threats. Team still relies a lot on Modric & Perisic. Hopefully they can stick around a bit longer while some of the young guns develop & mature.

Although we are getting beat I prefer these games to a dawdle against Malta, Andorra & the like - you learn a lot more about the team. Defence needs sorting, far too few clean sheets occurring in the last year or two.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
More positives than negatives. Other than Vida and Barisic I felt most played relatively well. All the subs were good, felt Brekalo, Kovacic were quite good.

Vida is done I don’t understand why Caleta-Car wasn’t in? He’s just better and he played against the Swedes too? Also at LB I watched Sosa yesterday he was very good once again! I can’t say I watched him much at Stuttgart but from the U21 he will give us more than Barisic without a doubt. Barisic is fine with the Hungary’s of the world but not against elite competition. We played arguably our 3/4 best option in that position this past week?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Super busy so I can't comment a lot but wow Nikola Vlašić, next Croatian Balon d'Or winner?!? Love love LOVE this kid!!!

If so maybe I predicted it as my first born is Luka Nikola J.......ć! First name was after Modrić, second name after his grandfather but if Vlašić wins Bd'Or I will claim I predicted his rise from Hajduk u12 team when my Luka was born LOL!

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
The full Dalic press conference is on the French FA website, he basically said Caleta-Car didn't play because he didn't want him to play full 90 in three games in such a short period of time + the amount of games he plays for Marseille (basically if he started today he would have played 5 times in a period of two weeks). Interestingly a French journalist asked him about Toma Basic, though Dalic gave a pretty generic answer of that they are monitoring him but he plays in a position that they have many options

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
He’s a lot better defensively then Jedvaj. He has descent speed as well. Offensively nothing really that stands out but he’s a natural center back. Caleta car good comparison to corluka. I think Charlie is a bit better technique but Car is more athletic. Car also is really good with long balls.
Sure your point about Jedvaj is correct, I think right now I’m better than Jedvaj 😂 that guys career has nosedived big time. Uremovic did his job to the best of his ability, my point was m,ore about the gap in quality between our first choice RB Vrsaljko and him, sadly we are not France able to have many strong players in all positions. Like I said a few like Sutalo are coming through hopefully.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts