Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Nations League match?

• HRVATSKA by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scoreless Draw

• France by 1 goal

• France by 2+ goals

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

October 14th, 2020 - 20:45 CET (2:45 EDT)

Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb (Capacity 35,123)

View attachment 71340

• Fourth match of UEFA Nations League 2020/21 sees HRVATSKA take on France
  • Fourth competitive match after COVID-19 shut down representation football in March 2020
  • Croatia still seeking first even win vs France and revenge from WC 1998 Semi-Final and WC 2018 Final
Squad:

Head to Head comparison from Soccerway.com:

Betting odds from OddsChecker.com:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
lineup-Hrv.jpg

·
Registered
69,460 Posts
I am starting to think the Euros won’t happen, and if it does it will be behind closed doors in a bubble type environment

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I prefer option 2 , not sure that playing a not 100% fit Kramaric on the wing and Vlasic as number 10 in the same lineup Would work, plus Petkovic upfront who barely presses the opposition. Personally I would love our team to play a clever game like we did v Denmark,Russia or England in WC, defensively really tight, let them come at us, all we need is a goal from A corner and settle for a 1-0 result, then bunker and frustrate the **** out of them.😂

·
Registered
492 Posts
On sportnet they are saying that Dalic will use this 11 Livakovic Uremovic Lovren Vida Barisic Modric Kovacic Vlasic Bradaric Perisic Petkovic

They want to go in this game with a different mentality than before as playing better than France always ended in losses.
They will try to switch the roles. To be more solid and try to be efficient when opportunities come.

·
Registered
305 Posts
On sportnet they are saying that Dalic will use this 11 Livakovic Uremovic Lovren Vida Barisic Modric Kovacic Vlasic Bradaric Perisic Petkovic

They want to go in this game with a different mentality than before as playing better than France always ended in losses.
They will try to switch the roles. To be more solid and try to be efficient when opportunities come.
I like this approach. Can't hurt to try. We have the quality to control the game against France and push forward but defensively we aren't good enough to sustain it and we either get caught in the counter or make silly mistakes which lead to goals conceded.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Now they changed :censored:
From the last news:
Livakovic Uremovic Lovren Caleta Car Barisic Badelj Modric Pasalic Vlasic Perisic Petkovic

·
Registered
4,701 Posts

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I don’t understand the logic of playing Pasalic on the wing, why not utilise Caleta Car and Bradarics experience playing these players in the French league in their natural positions, also hope this is just false info in order to confuse the opponent. Barisic hopefyllly match Fit otherwise just play Bradaric as LB.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
This could be a diamond formation. 4-1-2-1-2. If you want to play with Pasalic that would be one of his best formations. personally i prefer that formation to the others listed above against the French, as the French don't play with wings. Both sides will need to use LB and RB if they want to attack from that wings.I personally think being more pragmatic against the French is the way to go, and this makes more sense to me then playing the 4-3-3 against them. As that it too much an attacking formation against them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This could be a diamond formation. 4-1-2-1-2. If you want to play with Pasalic that would be one of his best formations. personally i prefer that formation to the others listed above against the French, as the French don't play with wings. Both sides will need to use LB and RB if they want to attack from that wings.I personally think being more pragmatic against the French is the way to go, and this makes more sense to me then playing the 4-3-3 against them. As that it too much an attacking formation against them.
On HNS Twitter page they still show it as a 4-2-3-1.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Our formation changes when we have the ball and when we don’t have the ball. Watched a few videos on how our formation changes with and without the ball.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts