Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UEFA moves Ashdod's home leg

UEFA Yesterday told SC Ashdod they will not be allowed to host the second-leg of their Intertoto tie with Banik, and will have to play it on a neutral venue. UEFA's decision probably came following that ruling from the Milan-Hapoel match last year and not due to specific fears this time...

So, the second leg (27th June) will probably take place in the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
BULL****!

THE FRENCH ARE DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A MOCHARY OF MY DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FED UP WITH THIS AND I JUST THINK THAT IT NOT FAIR!

ATLEAST MOVE IT SOMEWHERE TO, HAIFA OR TEL AVIV, SOMEWHERE SAFE I GUESS?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
The Uefa thinks that no place in Israel is safe.

It looks like SC Ashdod requested to play both games in the Czech Republic for the costs to be lower.

It seems very unfair to me this decision and I hope that With Maccabi Haifa this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I don't expect for anything else to happen. Just to say that the Czechs had no problem with playing in Israel and already booked a hotel and airplane tickets...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I just hope that UEFA decision, won't affect other israeli clubs.

I know that intertoto is not important, but it influecne UEFA to reconsider, possibibly!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
The games were also removed from their original dates because of Ashdod's request. so the first leg will be 23th June, the seocnd 26th.

Another point,. todays paper says the situation from the Milan game hasnt changed ansd as of now Maccabi Haifa, Tel Aviv and Hapoel Tel Aviv will not play their first legs in Israel. UEFA will test the situation 2 weeks before each game though. :(

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
There pure *******s to Israel, you know that....

if Israel has issues, why doesn't Milan!

In the same time Milan had a UEFA cup match, there was bomb threats and water contamenation from the terrorist groups! How come no one cancelled there.

Le pen would have gotten in power and would destroy France, how come no one stopped any of their UEFA game.

They don't understand that there making the situation as it is, Much worse because a neutral venue is not as safe gaurded as one in Israel, where they know every point and trust everyone!

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!! :fero:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ashdod had nothing to do against the decision (appeal would have been turned down almost surely) , but playing the 2 games at the away team's home stadium proves how not serious Israeli teams take this competition. A shame because making the UEFA Cup is not unachievable but it does seem irritating having to go back to trainings earlier then expected.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't think it is the ISRAELI teams that are in fault.

Ashdod is a Small team in the top leauge of Israel, and this is there first time in UEFA, and at the same time there is security problems in the country, so it is hard.

If this was in 1996, they would have gone!

And no Israeli team would want to ignore UEFA, because they get money, publicity, fans, fame, european notice in this tournament.

UEFA IS A BIG THING! ISRAELIS TOP TOP TEAMS WOULD NEVER IGNORE IT!

·
Registered
249 Posts
UEFA doesnt allow Ashdod to play both games in Czech Republic, so Ashdod will look for new venues. Cyprus was an option but all the grass in their stadiums there are going through improvements right now (what we call Shizrua Deshe), so the new options are Greece and Fenerbahce's stadium. Jeki Ben Zaken from Ashdod talked with Fenerbache's vice president last night who said Fenerbahce would agree to host the game.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A final decision has been made and Ashdod will host FC Banik\Brno\whatever team in the Slovakian city Strada, which is not far away from Banik. The first leg will take place on June 23rd and the second leg which was supposed to be the home leg will take place on June 29th in Strada.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well the game is tomorrow 18:00 Czech time. I dont know if theres a match thread so I will wish Ashdod good luck here. Who will be they facing if they win by the way??

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First Leg: Artikel Brno - SC Ashdod

Tonight 19:00 IST, Ashdod will make its 'debut' in the European cups in their away match with Artikel Brno. Both teams are taking this tie seriously it seems. Ashdod will miss Asi Tubi (hasn't signed a contract for next season yet), Josco Bilic, Shai Has, Alek Nyilas (released) and Istvan Pisont whose contract needs the approval of the control budget authority first.

Brno will miss two of their stars, including Jan Polak whom Eli Cohen came to watch. :(

Probable lineup for Ashdod:

Ben Yishai, Azulai, Milevski, Amar, Tubul, Hazan, Alfassi, D.Revivo, Moshe Ohaion, Dudu Biton, Hanan Fadida

Only one foreign player in the starting eleven, but most if not all of them are players with first team experience.

Good luck and Dia Dia Ashdodia. ;)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts