Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of Nov. 24th..

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/crank2005.html

Despite a bad performance from Red Star and further poor showing from Buducnost B.Dvor and Zeleznik we actually haven't lost any places in the standings. In fact, we can make a jump to 18th if Partizan do well in the next set of matches. The only remaining Norwegian club is Rosenborg, and they're dead last in their CL group (and so won't even make an appearance in the Uefa Cup). As well they play their last match in London against Arsenal, so it's highly unlikely they'll be getting anymore points.

If RS get their act together next year in Europe (and of course Partizan keep up their current level), we really could make a push for the spot granting us two CL teams. In fact, Austria's monstrous 7.750 points gathered in '01 aren't being counted next year, so really the difference between us and them is about a point right now. When it's all said and done, we could be as high as 17th starting next year, only 2 spots shy of the all important 15th spot..

At the very least, we'll have 4 clubs in Europe for the next two seasons again.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thanks for the info, i was wondering about the rankings, coefficient values i think they are called? I think at the very least if not top 2 (zvezda + partizan) for champs qualifying, then at least top 1 in serb league, can start from 3rd round qualifying? hopefully...

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
If you look at the countries around us in the table, they have all had one season which is huge. Ours have been consistent and steady but if we were to pull out a 'monster' in the coming seasons then our football will look good.
On Zvezda's showing this season in Europe, PSV look to be a good side and of course being hammered by them is not good, but if teams that have invested millions into their clubs like Arsenal struggle against them, then what can we really expect from facing such sides?

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Dusan, Arsenal struggles against everyone in Europe :pp

·
Registered
632 Posts
True, and we beat PSV in Beograd, I was there myself, I believe we have the skills and talent to compete in the Champions League every season, either Partizan or Zvezda, just there is too much corruption in the Savez right now...

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Valjak have faith in Zvezda improving in Europe. We cannot get much worse.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Being above Croatia is very satisfying. How is our country going in the latest FIFA rankings? Can someone please post the list.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eventhough I think the FIFA rankings are crap, here is where we stand..

52 Venezuela 579
53 Jamaica 578
54 Serbia and Montenegro 577
55 Israel 576

The list hasn't been updated since the 4th of November, and following our recent victory in Belgium we should move up a few spots. The new list comes out on the third of December..

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Being above Croatia is actually quite normal, I wouldn't call it satisfying...:thmbup:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see Serbia on that list, maybe you've had a bit too much of some of those other smokes lately ;)

P.S. Check the dates the rankings go to..Now my friend, you've definately had too much of those "funny" smokes ;)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Just having a bit o'fun, mate.

I don't think these ranking systems hold water. I know S&M is better than 95th in the world or whatever you guys a ranked by FIFA nowadys (I don't have the attention span to scroll down the list that far).:)

Don't worry, I'm outa here...I know, I know..."I thought he'd never leave".

G'day!:)

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
From Parni's list, I see our league above the powerhouses of Croatia, Slovakia and Hungaria. A few more years and following 'em will certainly be beyond my attention span. :thmbup:

·
Registered
40,711 Posts
Fleka, the UEFA rankings decide how many teams a country sends to the respective cups, the fifa rankings serve for toilet paper. ;)

Anyway, we wont lose out on much this season and if you Pakistani manage to surprise some more, we might even gain a few spots. And may I say that it's about time you started helping out a little. :D

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
red star forever said:
From Parni's list, I see our league above the powerhouses of Croatia, Slovakia and Hungaria. :thmbup:
Don't forget about BiH and Slovenia as well, but then again those countries are so far down the list I don't blame you for not noticing them :D

Drulo, I thought the FIFA rankings were used to determined seeds in qualifications, the actual tournament and so forth?

·
Registered
40,711 Posts
Yeah, but they're only a part of the seedings procedure I believe. Results from previous qualifying campaigns count for a greater deal.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.