Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So probably time to open a thread on this since Euro 2020 qualifiers don't actually start until March 2019.

We're in League C and will be seeded 2 so will be playing the following teams:

One of Hungary, Romania, Scotland and Slovenia

One of Montenegro, Israel, Bulgaria and Finland

And potentially one of Cyprus, Estonia and Lithuania.

Unfortunately it's not a particularly attractive league and to be honest I think we'd fit in well in League B with plenty of beatable sides there but our UEFA coefficient is so poor it's understandable where we're at.

We therefore play each team home and away across the autumn/winter international windows and should we finish top of our group we would be promoted into the League above which surely must be the goal.

In the event we don't qualify for Euro 2020 (top 2 qualify) the traditional way we would have an opportunity to do it through the League of Nations playoffs where we would play off against each of the other League C winners. If we are already qualified the best placed team would replace us.

The draw for this takes place on 24 January 2018.

The extra competitive games is probably a good thing but it does restrict us to playing teams of a certain level and does not allow for friendlies against better nations.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
What the **** is this? Im so out of the loop. Either way we finish this 6-0 cuz all these teams are trash.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,070 Posts
What the **** is this? Im so out of the loop. Either way we finish this 6-0 cuz all these teams are trash.
lol I'm betting you draw us and Montenegro. That'll keep it interesting.. ;)

with our new coach I doubt you'd beat us easily, Denmark couldnt even do it when we had Daum. Could go either way imo but let's see when the time comes (if we do get drawn in the same group) how things are.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I realy can't wait for this to start. The whole concept is interesting for me and I hope it will get some prise and hype from fans and medias. But as everytihing which is new it will probably take some time.

Group of teams which we can get is very interesting too and it could be some very good games between.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts