Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Still not enough...a World cup for nations requires six games to reach the final, with the respective leagues being finished. Only the old Champion's Cup format will save players from destroying their bodies prematurely

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a big difference between club and national level. club squads are much bigger and well trained.

UCL is played every year and is a regular part of the european season. the World cup (and European cup) isn't. It's like an added bonus...

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
uhhh....okay, i'll try again. The rigors of the Champion's League, concurrent with intraleague games as it is and must be, damage the players. Reducing the CL game load from 17 to 13 isn't going to amount to much...seven, as in the WC, would do the trick

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice try m8, but be realistic...

With the money that's involved in today's european football, this is as good asit'll get !!!

I don't see Uefa making any more changes after this...

Which leaves only one options - the domestic leauges. I think each country should have a maximum of 16 teams in each division. that way each team will play 30 games + european cup matches if they have any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts