http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/finals/newsid=677499.html

Group A:

- Turkey
- Netherlands
- Scotland
- Serbia

4th of May 2008:
15:00 | Scotland - Serbia
World Wonder Football Centre, Antalya (TUR)
18:00 | Turkey - Netherlands
Mardan Sport Complex, Antalya (TUR)

7th of May 2008:
16:00 | Turkey - Scotland
18:00 | Netherlands - Serbia

10th of May 2008:
16:00 | Serbia - Turkey
16:00 | Netherlands - Scotland

Group B:

- France
- Republic of Ireland
- Spain
- Switzerland

4th of May 2008[/B]:
15:00 | France - Republic of Ireland
18:00 | Spain - Switzerland

7th of May 2008:
15:00 | Republic of Ireland - Switzerland
19:00 | France - Spain

10th of May 2008:
19:00 | France - Switzerland
19:00 | Spain - Republic of Ireland

Semifinals - 13th of May 2008:
TBA | A1 - B2
TBA | B1 - A2

Finals - 16th of May 2008:
TBA | Winner Semifinal 1 - Winner Semifinal 2

Venues:

World of Wonder Football Centre
The World of Wonder Football Centre is a large, modern sports complex which includes training facilities and a 550-seater stadium which will stage six group matches at the 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, two on each day.

Followers of UEFA competitions will be familiar with the venue, which has been used to stage several qualifying mini-tournaments as well as events such as the Aegean Cup. Many leading clubs also use it for out-of-season training.

Mardan Sport Complex
The Mardan Sport Complex is a brand new venue near Antalya that will stage a competition record seven televised matches at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, including a semi-final. The capacity of 7,428 seats includes at least 2,613 under cover.

Antalya Atatürk Stadium
The Antalya Atatürk Stadium is the city's main stadium, home to second division Antalyaspor, who were founded in 1966 when three local clubs merged. They have had several top-flight spells in the last 25 years, most recently in 2006/07. They reached the 2000 Turkish Cup final, losing to Galatasaray AS and have competed in the UEFA Cup and UEFA Intertoto Cup.

With capacity for 11,738 seats, including 4,149 under cover, the stadium will stage one semi-final and the final, both televised on Eurosport.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
What are our chances in that group Zoric?
I'm guessing the Netherlands have a strong team as always, Scotland could be tough as they are physical while Turkey is the host.
What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are our chances in that group Zoric?
I'm guessing the Netherlands have a strong team as always, Scotland could be tough as they are physical while Turkey is the host.
What are your thoughts?
I'll have to research it a bit better, I know our team is pretty solid with some interesting prospects.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I think Scotlands under 17s reached the final last time round, or maybe the under 19s, so they will be dangerous. Other than that, I have no idea whats going to happen here :D

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Scotlands under 17s reached the final last time round, or maybe the under 19s, so they will be dangerous. Other than that, I have no idea whats going to happen here :D
You're thinking of their U19's who lost to Spain in the final.

Spain are holders of this tournament btw, they had the likes of Fran Merída, Bojan, Ignacio Camacho, Iago Falqué and David de Gea last year when they won.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have a pretty strong team this year as well, will be interesting to follow them though.

The Netherlands has a really good striker in Geoffrey Castillion (AFC Ajax) who scores most of their goals. The weird thing though is that Bosnia won their game against Netherlands but still didn't qualify. Wesley Sneijders brother plays for their U17-side as well.

Will be interesting to see what our boys can do against the best in Europe.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
They have a pretty strong team this year as well, will be interesting to follow them though.

The Netherlands has a really good striker in Geoffrey Castillion (AFC Ajax) who scores most of their goals. The weird thing though is that Bosnia won their game against Netherlands but still didn't qualify. Wesley Sneijders brother plays for their U17-side as well.

Will be interesting to see what our boys can do against the best in Europe.
Yeah, we got a bit unlucky in the end. They are a good team, it was a tight game.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dejan Đurđević has announced a squad of 22 players for the preperations at Stadiona OFK Beograda and Ade Ciganlije.

Nemanja Gudelj is the most noticeable addition to this team, he plays for NAC Breda. Haven't seen him play, personally, but I've heard good things about him.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Vilson Caković (FK Crvena Zvezda), Marko Nikolić (FK Partizan)

Defenders: Milan Milanović (FC Lokomotiv Moscow), Stevan Smederevac (OFK Beograd), Nenad Stjepić (OFK Beograd), Milan Rodić (OFK Beograd), Zlatko Liščević (FK Crvena Zvezda), Nebojša Gavrilović (FK Partizan), Jovan Krneta (FK Partizan)

Midfielders: Predrag Stevanović (FC Schalke 04), Nemanja Gudelj (NAC Breda), Aleksandar Ignjovski (OFK Beograd), Goran Brkić (OFK Beograd), Adem Ljajić (FK Partizan), Vuk Mitošević (FK Vojvodina), Luka Milivojević (FK Radnički Niš), Andrej Mrkela (FK Crvena Zvezda)

Attackers: Danijel Aleksić (FK Vojvodina), Aleksandar Đoković (FK Partizan), Marko Rajić (FK Zemun), Marko Obradović (FK Zemun), Ilija Ilić (FK Crvena Zvezda)

The boys will be preparing themselves for this tournament until the 2nd of May when they're heading to Antalya, Turkey. Aleksandar Đoković is the only player who's got a injury at the moment, Đurđević will decide whether he'll travel or not after the preperations.

Let's hope so as he's Serbias best goalscorer after Danijel Aleksić.

Aleksić seems to be on fire and scored a goal for Vojvodina earlier today in their 3-2-win over FK Bežanija. It also seems like his father is one of Đurđevićs assistant coaches.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yeah, we got a bit unlucky in the end. They are a good team, it was a tight game.
You added 2 letters too much Manijak ;)

But yes. Apart from the Netherlands-Bosnia match itself, after the Bosnian victory was a fact, they had 2 chances to win once and make it to the finals. The fact that they missed out on that was slighlty unlucky indeed of course.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The final squad for UEFA European Under-17 Championship 2008 in Turkey has been announced. Dejan Đurđević have selected 18 players for this tournament, which starts on Sunday with a game against Scotland.

Partizan-defender Jovan Krneta won't be going to the European Championship in Turkey, the same goes for Andrej Mrkela (FK Crvena Zvezda), the talented Partizan-attacker Aleksandar Đoković who's out with a injury and Zvezdas Ilija Ilić who just didn't make it.

The new additions, compared to the Elite Round are Nemanja Gudelj (NAC Breda). He's the son of former Partizan-player Nebojša Gudelj who's currently at NAC's training-staff. Goran Brkić of OFK Beograd is back after a injury, he's completely recovered and will be playing in the tournament.

Dejan Đurđević to the official FSS-wesbite before the start of the tournament:

- Dobro smo radili u Beogradu, uspeo sam da sprovedem sve što sam naumio, a najvažnije je da svi momci zdravi i u dobroj formi dočekuju Prvenstvo Evrope. Mi nemamo imperativ plasmana, jer je za ovu generaciju i sam plasman među osam ogroman uspeh, ali imamo ogromne motive i želju da se u što boljem svetlu predstavimo na velikoj sceni.

Sigurno je da će naša selekcija biti težak protivnik svakome, a ukoliko na startu uspemo da savladamo Škotsku, otvoren nam je put do same završnice.

Nisam se previše bavio analizama protivničkih ekipa, jer tome ni do sada nisam poklanjao previše pažnje. Mnogo sam više fokusirao na svoju ekipu i našu igru, a naša velika snaga je odlična uigranost i homogenost, iz koje uvek iskoči poneki pojedinac.

Goalkeepers
01: Vilson Caković (FK Crvena Zvezda)
12: Marko Nikolić (FK Partizan)

Defenders:
02: Zlatko Liščević (FK Crvena Zvezda)
03: Milan Rodić (OFK Beograd)
04: Nebojša Gavrilović (FK Partizan)
05: Milan Milanović (FC Lokomotiv Moscow)
16: Stevan Smederevac (OFK Beograd)
17: Nenad Stjepić (OFK Beograd)

Midfielders:
06: Goran Brkić (OFK Beograd)
07: Aleksandar Ignjovski (OFK Beograd)
08: Predrag Stevanović (FC Schalke 04)
09: Vuk Mitošević (FK Vojvodina)
10: Adem Ljajić (FK Partizan)
14: Luka Milivojević (FK Radnički Niš)
15: Nemanja Gudelj (NAC Breda)

Attackers:
11: Danijel Aleksić (FK Vojvodina)
13: Marko Obradović (FK Zemun)
18: Marko Rajić (FK Zemun)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I just looked up uefa.com and I was impressed about Aleksic goal scoring. He scored some 8-9 goals in 6 qualifying matches. Deep respect.

Maybe, someone special knocks at the door of maternity :)

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He scored seven goals during the qualifiers and five of those came in the Elite Round against Czech Republic, Slovakia and Sweden. He's the captain of this team and will be leading them, seems to be most mature as well and it doesn't make things worse that he scores for Vojvodina from time to time when being given playing time.

Shame that Aleksandar Đoković couldn't participate due to his injury, but I'm sure the likes of Ljajić, Stevanović, Obradović, Mitošević and Ignjovski will step up.

Especially the first three mentioned.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Danijel Aleksic is one of our best prospects in years. I haven't had a chance to watch him play but from everything I read about him he sounds like he has fantastic potential.

I'll try to catch one of the U17 game. I can't say I know a whole lot about the other teams but I think we have some interesting prospects and can have a pretty decent run in this.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They won't broadcast any of our group games, if we make it through though, they will be broadcasting the Semifinals and Finals.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts