Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The groupstages have been drawn and Atlético got a much better group than last year. This year will be a lot tougher when it comes to defending the title as better teams have been included in the competition due to their domestic results not being good enough last season

Group B
Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
Académica de Coimbra (POR)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Indeed, Atletico got a good group for them and unless a surprise happens they will qualify in first place and with no problem. The other teams will fight for second place and whoever manages to take a point from Atletico might be the one to do so.

First game against Hapoel Tel Aviv in Israel and it should be an interesting as Hapoel usually has very good records in Europe for the tradition of Israeli football and the country size. This season they aren´t at their peak with some internal problems, so don´t expect them surprising Atletico, but i do believe in a hard fought game and not a big goal margin.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen them since last year, what sort of football do they play nowadays?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good luck to you champs.

·
El Salvador
30 Posts
Atletico would easily qualify to round of sixteen , then quarters , then semis .
Mind my words everyone .
Go Go Atletico .

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I haven't seen them since last year, what sort of football do they play nowadays?
Well Hapoel lost pratically all of its key players after those two great seasons in which they reached the Final 32 of Europa League and the following season the Champions League Group Stage with a respectable record.

Today, the team is not so brilliant as that one and the coach is not at the same level either IMO. They received a good news that Gili Vermut who was playing at Kaiserslautern came back and it will be a good upgrade in the midfield.

They have a good technical side and a speedy attack. Defense is still not so reliable since they couldn´t replace the players who left, but it is still competent to face the other teams in the group, but it will suffer at the hands of Atletico.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Asenjo; Sìlvio, Miranda, Cata, Cisma; Mario, Emre, Raúl García, Cristian Rodríguez; Adrián and Diego Costa.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cebolla makes it 0-1 to Atlético after a combination between Raúl García and Diego Costa.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mariano Pernía is sitting in Argentina and wondering: "Diego Costa o Diego Armando Maradona?" :proud:

0-2 to Atlético after Diego Costa scored. 1+1 so far. Raúl García robbed the Hapoel-players off the ball once again and a quick counter attack, rounded the keeper, second goal.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i think that we should use Atletico B for group stage this year..... what a difference on the court.... wow i like the atmosphere, almost like in Belgrade.... ;)

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
y no arda ? rested i suppose? hows emre playing?
Doing pretty well so far. Emre will really come handy in these type of games when players need a proper rest, plus he's got a profile we needed more of last season.

Arda, Falcao, Gabi, Filipe Luís and Godín have all been left in Spain. Same with Tiago who's serving a suspension.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any chance of Emre breaking in the first team? Who's number one choice on his spot?
He's got the right sort of attitude and profile to do so. Emre is fighting it out with Gabi (captain) who's undisputed for now.

Emre assisted the third goal btw. A corner kick which Raúl García scored on.

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
i think that we should use Atletico B for group stage this year..... what a difference on the court.... wow i like the atmosphere, almost like in Belgrade.... ;)
Thats the only thing we got in our football, there is nothing better than atmosphere of israeli crowd.. !

anywayz, the score was well-predicted, even with the second team of Atletico, i love it when hapoel get 3, i hope in madrid you will hit them with 6 goals.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Any update on Arda/Falcao? Will they play in the EL match? I suppose it's unlikely as they would have probably been rested anyway..?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
good, rest falcao.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Asenjo
Kader - Cata - Pulido - Cisma
Emre -Gabi
Adrián - Koke - Cristian Rodríguez
Diego Costa

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Even that 'weakened' midfield looks awesome. Good to see Emre in the starting XI too :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts