Xtratime Community banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
So if we get past Norway and then beat Scotland/Israel we will be in a group with the Czech Republic, Croatia and England for Euro 2020?
Correct and our first game (if we make it) would be against Czech Republic

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Correct and our first game (if we make it) would be against Czech Republic
If we don’t get to Euro 2020 there should be a Royal Commission or coercive investigation into our football. Enough is enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have conceded at least one goal in every single game in the qualification stage, we are speaking about teams like Luxembourg and Lithuania.. The defense so far has been shameful.

At the other end Mitrovic is scoring goals like crazy, he is the best we got right now.

From my point of view we don’t have problem scoring goals we have problems conceding them. The match against Norway will be the last chance for Tumbakovic and the players to prove that they can play like a team and that they want to make it to Euro2020.

If they fail im done, like someone already said enough is enough

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Tumbakovic said he considers calling back Bane Ivanovic and that is good news. I hope the same goes for Nastasic and Grujic as we need to call our the best team possible. We have a good chance reaching EC for the first time in 20 years.

Suddenly Stojkovic, Milojevic and Paunovic are now all availible but it probably happened in wrong period of time as our federation lacks vision and knowledge for the right moves.

The most important transfer (for our NT) this January would be Andrija Zivkovic leaving Benfica but it seems like he doesn't care about his football career anymore.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I normally wouldn't be in favour of calling up a 36 year old defender but Ivanovic is probably in better form than our other CBs who have looked poor for the NT. If we're moving Milenkovic to RB that would open some spots in the middle.

I like your lineup vojo. Given our troubles defending, I think we have to try to solidify the middle and play with three midfielders. I don't think we have a good defence but our defensive problems are magnified by the fact that we consistenly struggle to retain the ball and relieve pressure at key moments. SMS has been in great form lately and has to start. I've never been really impressed by Milivojevic (other than his fantastic shooting ability) and I don't think his style of play will win you matches at the international level. Would much prefer Matic or even Lukic.

Mitrovic had a bad injury and might be out for a while. Could be an opportunity for Jovic.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I realize I haven't made any comments about some of the events involving the NT over the last year. I think Krstajic had to go after the Ukraine match but Tumbakovic is about as uninspiring of an appointment as you could get. I don't expect anything with him in charge (or the other members of our FA for that matter). Shame because I think we could have a pretty decent team if you had the right people in charge to get the most out of them.

The EURO draw was interesting and would be a fun group to follow. Regardless of how we preform in the tournament, I'd like to see us qualify after missing so many EUROs...

The playoff match against Norway should be difficult. Norway has played well recently and it would be difficult for any team to go to Oslo and win, let alone one as dysfuncitonal as ours. Not impossible and we would certainly have a signifcant talent advantage, but when has that ever made a difference for us in the past? :)

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Sup fellas, good to see you around!

Agree with most of what's been said. Incredible to think Paun, Jokan, Miloje and Piksi are right now available and we're about to enter the most important game in years with Tumba as our coach. :unsure:

4-3-3 might be for the best against a strong Norway. I'd definitely have Lukic in there though, he's been a regular this season and is an integral part of Toro's good campaign so far. Along with Maksa and Sergej you'd have a fantastic midfield. Matic is sadly done and Milivoje hasn't really impressed since his comeback.

Our defence can't get much worse, so including someone with Bane's experience and record can't be bad. The only downside if you can call it that is that we'll have to play with a low block because of his lack of pace.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Great to see you around Krle! :cool:

I'm not sure Matic is finished yet. I've seen this statistic posted on Twitter and the Manchester United forums:
This season, Manchester United have held a clean sheet in 8/10 (80%) of matches Nemanja Matic has started and 3/23 (13%) of matches that he hasn't.
Now that statistic doesn't take into account that quality of the teams he has started against and shouldn't be taken at face value but the fans seem to be happy with his recent performances after returning from injury. We need someone composed on the ball and comfortable in possession and in a high-pressure match I'd prefer him over the other options. He may lack pace but I think he would compliment Maksimovic and SMS.

I wouldn't complain if Lukic starts either. I was disappointed with his progression last year, especially after the horrible U21 tournament and a relatively lacklustre season with Torino (compared to the promise he showed in Levante) but it's nice to see him bounce back somewhat this year.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Sergej is the best player in Serie A but our coach will probably not find a place for him in our starting eleven anyway.

He probably thinks Sergej only can play in Tadic's position which is insane. Sergej is a central midfielder who is good in both directions while Tadic is a pure offensive player. Sergej, Maksimovic and Matic would be a great trio on our central midfield. Milivojevic, Lukic and Grujic are all good reserves who can fill in if there is suspensions or injuries.

I think we should start Kostic at LW with Radonjic as his back-up. Tadic can play in a more free role on the RW. Gacinovic should be his back-up. I don't understand why Ljajic's status in our NT is so strong. Up front we have Mitrovic and Jovic who both are in good form. We also now have a third very promising striker in Vlahovic. This give us an option to change formation and sometimes play with two strikers with Tadic behind them (that would move Kostic to the bench).

For me the back-four should consist of Kolarov, Nastasic/Veljkovic, Maksimovic and Ivanovic. I also think Rajkovic should be the first GK and Dmitrovic his back-up.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Fali Ramadani is being investigated for fraud in Spain. They think he might've forged around €100 million. Local papers in Mallorca also report that a former goalkeeper who's a close associate to Ramadani is also being investigated. It's probably Damjanac.

They move rapidly but I still think this might take some time to figure out.

Most importantly: it'll be interesting to see how this affects the NT.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
An albanian criminal? Never would I have thought I would see one of those :cry:

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Post pics of rumoured shirts

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Thanks :sick: fire whoever thought this was a good idea. What is with these teams doing the stupid logo colour scheme?

501 - 516 of 516 Posts