Xtratime Community banner

441 - 460 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Tumbakovic's latest squad is absolutely disastrous. Instead of trying to make a team of our 20 best players he is explaining his decision with that wants to try out some of the 60 players (!?) he is following. It so obvious that some of these players aren't good enough and has no future in our best team and that there must be some other reasons for their call-ups. Also there are no logic and explanations in leaving out some players that should be vital part of our squad (Ivanovic, Nastasic, Matic, Grujic and Jovic).

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
You sound surprised/frustrated, were you expecting something good?
Vojo always thinks we're going to win titles as soon as the players he likes get a call :D

Reactions: marakana11 and Serb

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Tumbakovic's latest squad is absolutely disastrous. Instead of trying to make a team of our 20 best players he is explaining his decision with that wants to try out some of the 60 players (!?) he is following. It so obvious that some of these players aren't good enough and has no future in our best team and that there must be some other reasons for their call-ups. Also there are no logic and explanations in leaving out some players that should be vital part of our squad (Ivanovic, Nastasic, Matic, Grujic and Jovic).
We are European Brazilians, I mean we beat them in the final so we are better. Maybe they are South American Serbians? :grin2:

With that we need to try all players from our super talented pool and show to the world how strong we are. Tumba is clever, he knows what he's doing. In Tumba Tulumba and might Kokeza we trust :strong:

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Serbia beat Paraguay 1-0 with a 90th minute header goal by Mitrovic. Paraguay was playing with 10 men since the 53rd minute. Didn't really pay attention to the game but we made many substitutions and had many chances to score.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
pretty retarded with the amount of players tumb needs to choose from all 60 wtf.
Good opportunity to get players capped in order for them to get transfers abroad.

Generally speaking a bad game of football. Some good moments (like between the 15-30 for Serbia) but not much to be satisfied with. Gave me throwbacks to when Savićević was at the helm..

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Nothing like Deki at the helm Zoric... :D

We had no idea where we were going, the best type of driving.

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Dmitrovic, Mladenovic, Kolarov, Milenkovic, Miletic, Milivojevic, Maksimovic, Kostic, Ljajic, Radonjic, Mitrovic

7 minutes in and we had 3 chances already but nothing off them

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Halftime 0-0. Very little going forward after the 10th minute. Our central midfielders are like pinball machines where everything that gets to them bounces off and back to the Lithuanians.

Ukraine is doing us a huge favour by leading 2-0 vs Portugal but we are not taking advantage of this result so far ughhh

Ukrai

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Gacinovic for Kostic at halftime

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Mitrovic goal 49th minute. Ljajic with the assist

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Mitrovic goal again Ljajic with the assist

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Lukic on for Milivojevic in the 72nd minute

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Ughh Lithuanians score 2-1 in the 80th minute

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
Gudelj on for Ljajic in the 85th minute

Lithuania with a huge chance to score in the 92nd minute.

Game over 2-1, one of their worst games in a long time

Ukraine held on to win vs Portugal

We are now 1 point behind Portugal with 2 games each (home vs Luxembourg and home vs Ukraine, while they are home vs Lithuania and away vs Luxembourg)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Is Serbia win if we win out? That's a miracle. Never mind I thought the standings would adjust after the match. Looks like down by 1 point

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Is Serbia win if we win out? That's a miracle. Never mind I thought the standings would adjust after the match. Looks like down by 1 point
We need to win both of our games and hope Portugal drop points in one of their two remaining games. IF they win and draw and we win both of our games we take 2nd place from them... that's a big if though :D

Portugal at home to Lithuania looks like a sure win while Luxembourg away is a bit tougher. Lux isn't fantastic, but they have known to cause a surprise or two. If Portugal doesn't take them seriously, then we have a chance. Having said all that, I think we'll finish third and play in the UEFA Nations League playoff. Currently those teams are Scotland, Finland and Norway. Currently, Scotland and Norway are out of contention in their groups. Finland is 2nd but has Armenia and Bosnia breathing down their necks, and it'll be a close run in the last 3 games as they face Armenia at home and have to play Greece away on the last match day who are without much to play for.

Based on form I'd say Norway is our biggest challenger in the playoff as they just drew Spain at home. Defended for large parts of the game, but still an impressive result nonetheless. Scotland look like they're in shambles and Finland started strong with Teemu Pukki leading the charge, but ultimately have lost a bit of spark. Pukki has also suffered at Norwich since the start of the season, so there's something in that.

I looked up the rules of the UEFA Nations League playoff and this is what it states -

Each play-off path will feature two single-leg semi-finals, and one single-leg final. The best-ranked team will host the fourth-ranked team, and the second-ranked team will host the third-ranked team. The host of the final will be decided by a draw, with semi-final winner 1 or 2 hosting the final. The four play-off path winners will join the 20 teams which have already qualified for UEFA Euro 2020.

The 1-4 ranking in our league is unclear as to how it's determined... I'd guess our FIFA ranking our how we did in the UEFA Nations League. Based on FIFA ranking, this is how it would look like. The random draw for the final is critical, because a home match at the Marakana would be amazing. At the same time, an away match of that importance would be tough. I'd prefer to face Scotland in the final rather than Norway, but let's see. Rankings can still change in the next couple of match days, especially if Finland qualifies and another country takes their place.

1 Serbia
4 Finland

2 Norway
3 Scotland

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Mara you thing there will be more then 5000 people at Rajko against Scotland or Norway? :grin2:

Neither of those don't have Cristiano :D
Given there's a Euro place on the line, and given that we haven't qualified for the Euros since 2000, yes, I think so.

If not regular people, they'll make sure the stadium is full of kids.

441 - 460 of 516 Posts