Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Euro 2020 Round of 16 match?

• Spain on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain by 1 goal

• Spain by 2+ goals

41 - 60 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Soccerway.com finally has the Spain data loaded for yesterday's match so I can post the stats from the two teams respective performances at Euro 2020 instead of the Qualifiers:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
I post this also here but I've noticed that there's actually 5 french players with a yellow card : Lloris, Pavard, Hernandez, Kimpembe and Griezmann.

All of them must to be cautious because if they have an another yellow card against Swiss, they'll miss the match against us or Spain. And this is an important fact.

Same with us, with Caleta, Brozovic, Kovacic and Petkovic in the match against Spain, if we don't want to miss them against a possible France quarter final. I don't know why but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brozovic get an another yellow card against Spaniards...

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
“Single cautions in Euro 2020 will reset on completion of the quarter-finals of the tournament. The yellow cards will not be carried forward into the semi-finals. All cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions in Euro 2020 will expire once the tournament is complete”.

·
Registered
420 Posts
“Single cautions in Euro 2020 will reset on completion of the quarter-finals of the tournament. The yellow cards will not be carried forward into the semi-finals. All cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions in Euro 2020 will expire once the tournament is complete”.
Ah damn we could be shit out of luck. Brozovic would be the biggest loss imo.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mixed feelings in the spanish media. Some say that it should be a win for Spain, some are more cautious and there are even some people that have fear of being destroyed.

They see Lovren suspension as a huge loss for us.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
Lovren is a loss, but not really a huge loss for me, because we have also a good DCC on the bench. And I don't really think that spanish media knows him really well.

Sure, Lovren is a leader on and off the pitch, but I'm sure that DCC will be very solid too. Spaniards don't really knows our new players like Gvardiol, Vlasic, Ivanusec, Petkovic, DCC, Juranovic apart for some of them from the matches against Villarreal, and U21 tournament.

The fact is they're playing the same type of football than before but far less good, and we can compete with them. Enrique didn't had the same XI for all 3 matches, and he's always searching what is the best starting XI for him. Strangely, he let players like Rodri, Alcantara or Traore (by times Pau Torres, Olmo) on the bench...

They had between 65% and 80% of possession in their first 3 matches, with a total of attempts between 15 and 20 strikes on goal, with around 10 on target.

The thing is they met 3 sides who has decided to defend and they weren't able to keep the ball when the Spaniards has lost the ball. To me, we're the first really strong side they will meet (as I said we're able to keep to ball, be creative, with the same ability than them to make you run all over the pitch but also able to make decisive counter attacks).

For example Sweden was solid (and is always solid), but not too much for winning this match against them.

And we're exactly the type of team that Spain don't like to play, because we can defend, attack and adapt our style of play when needed. Plus they knows that we have also a strong bench, full of quality. We can win this match! AJMO!

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
Plus Lovren is always part injured or with mixed feelings, and for him having a rest during one week is for me a really good thing. Especially if we're joining the quarter final with a possible match against France, his presence would be a huge boost for our team and for him to take his revenge!

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
yes would love to see more folks return! majstor, lynx, marz, beaver, ljubuski, etc
SpursLukaFan too, but yes, this would be simply amazing to see all them coming back here! :)

41 - 60 of 546 Posts