Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Euro 2020 Round of 16 match?

• Spain on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain by 1 goal

• Spain by 2+ goals

501 - 520 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
We’re not mediocre historically but we have to guard against the potential of becoming mediocre. This is why a R16 exit should be deemed unacceptable. Once we start accepting exits like these, we’ll be ok just to be at the tournament. Then we’ll be ok just qualifying from time to time. This is why the pressure has to be massive and constant. Like I said, I don’t think Dalic is the worst coach but he should go to demonstrate that R16 is not good enough.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
We’re not mediocre historically but we have to guard against the potential of becoming mediocre. This is why a R16 exit should be deemed unacceptable. Once we start accepting exits like these, we’ll be ok just to be at the tournament. Then we’ll be ok just qualifying from time to time. This is why the pressure has to be massive and constant. Like I said, I don’t think Dalic is the worst coach but he should go to demonstrate that R16 is not good enough.
Without looking at anything other than the result here it's hard to argue for Dalić's sacking. Finishing 2nd to England who played at home and a loss to Spain in ET is far from disgraceful or a disaster.

But looking at the whole body of work since the WC there's very little there to be encouraged about and a lot more that is concerning. Dalić essentially marked time for three years and hasn't been able to fix any problems. We looked horrible in WC qualifying and were, for the most part, horrible at the Euros.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
And when he initially came in talking about playing with pride, passion, unity etc. I could accept that, with such little time to be with the team that's all he could really do. And it worked.

But three years later to essentially still be talking along the same lines is unacceptable. We might as well hire a sports psych and professional motivator and leave tactics to Luka and the players.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,571 Posts
I've checked our stats against Spain, and there's 26 fouls for Croatia, and 10 for Spain.

So, I've calculated these stats on a 120 minutes match, and this means that we did a foul each 4,5 minutes! :oops: :rolleyes:

This is simply unbelievable... One foul each 4,5 minute... It's simple, when we tried to recover the ball, referee decided to whistled each simple "contact" and dive!

These stats are talking about themselves. But honestly, I don't know where they've seen 10 fouls for Spain...

We've committed more fouls, with 26 fouls than Spain have attempts on our goal, with 23 attempts... o_O

Reactions: pivorakija and Ante

·
No pain - No gain.
4,571 Posts
Here are all their past fault stats in this Euro tournament. All this seems to be more logical, and very balanced between both teams.

Sorry, but this referring was a true joke, and UEFA wanted to see Spain going trough in this tournament. Not our NT. Our play was clearly not harsh or aggressive against them. But the ref has whistled everything single "contact".

So, look at this and their past faults in the others matches :

Slovakia 14 - 7 Spain

Poland 17 - 16 Spain

Sweden 11 - 7 Spain​

Reactions: pivorakija and Ante

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,924 Posts
Sorry, but this referring was a true joke, and UEFA wanted to see Spain going trough in this tournament. Not our NT. Our play was clearly not harsh or aggressive against them. But the ref has whistled everything single "contact".
The officiating is never perfect, but this victim talk about how 'UEFA wanted another team to win over Croatia' is laughable. In the big scheme of things, no one gives a shit about us. Also, taking this same logic "X team should of progressed over smaller Y team" why did UEFA/football illuminati let a team like the Swiss beat France? Or let the Dutch lose to the Czechs? Dutch and France are two marquee sides that get casual eyeballs to TV telecasts. If there was an 'invisible hand' behind the scenes, ensuring certain results panned out - wouldn't you want teams like the Dutch and France progressing further? Also, why were we 'allowed' to make it to a WC Final over a side like England 3 years ago???

I get your arguement and its premise. I just find it kind of silly and a counter arguement can very easily be made against it.

My last two cents... if we all this vicitim attitude, woe is me, everyone is out to get Croatia, its not fair, etc. we wouldn't be a sovereign state for 30+ years...

Reactions: 10Boban10

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
We committed more fouls because Spain had the ball THE ENTIRE TIME. When that own goal went in, my homie texted me and was like “I can’t believe that went in” to which I replied “Gotta score somehow considering we haven’t touched the ball”. All referees are different. It’s on the players to adjust. I don’t blame the referee at all. He wasn’t great but the referee didn’t make us play like pussies for the first 60 minutes of the game.

·
Registered
23,375 Posts
The officiating is never perfect, but this victim talk about how 'UEFA wanted another team to win over Croatia' is laughable. In the big scheme of things, no one gives a shit about us. Also, taking this same logic "X team should of progressed over smaller Y team" why did UEFA/football illuminati let a team like the Swiss beat France? Or let the Dutch lose to the Czechs? Dutch and France are two marquee sides that get casual eyeballs to TV telecasts. If there was an 'invisible hand' behind the scenes, ensuring certain results panned out - wouldn't you want teams like the Dutch and France progressing further? Also, why were we 'allowed' to make it to a WC Final over a side like England 3 years ago???

I get your arguement and its premise. I just find it kind of silly and a counter arguement can very easily be made against it.

My last two cents... if we all this vicitim attitude, woe is me, everyone is out to get Croatia, its not fair, etc. we wouldn't be a sovereign state for 30+ years...
I will say this...

We were absolutely screwed over big time vs Portugal in 2016. Sanches HAD to have been given two reds for the stomps on Luka and Rakitic. Those were vicious, dirty, dangerous fouls. We get even one red, its game over. No call, we hit the inside of the post, they come down and score at the end. And they ultimately go on to win Euros.

And we were robbed vs Spain in 2012. Busquets shirt pull/tackle of Corluka inside the 6 yard box about to head home off a corner. We take the lead and the WC and Euro champs are done. They ultimately go on to win Euros.

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
I will say this...

We were absolutely screwed over big time vs Portugal in 2016. Sanches HAD to have been given two reds for the stomps on Luka and Rakitic. Those were vicious, dirty, dangerous fouls. We get even one red, its game over. No call, we hit the inside of the post, they come down and score at the end. And they ultimately go on to win Euros.

And we were robbed vs Spain in 2012. Busquets shirt pull/tackle of Corluka inside the 6 yard box about to head home off a corner. We take the lead and the WC and Euro champs are done. They ultimately go on to win Euros.
Agreed. Definitely some bad officiating and missed calls. We were screwed in that regard. But I think those were cases of refs doing a shiity job, not the footballing powers deciding they don't want Croatia to advance.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I will say this...

Objectivityville is such a nice place to live. :)

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
Agreed. Definitely some bad officiating and missed calls. We were screwed in that regard. But I think those were cases of refs doing a shiity job, not the footballing powers deciding they don't want Croatia to advance.
also the WC 2014 japanese ref in the opener vs Brasil

in 2008 Bilić wasn't allowed to sub after the go ahead goal with 1 min left by Killer Klasnić

in 2006 ref allowed Australia offsides goal which blocked us from advancing (also the guy screwed up and Šimunić got 3 yellows not 2 before being sent off)

at what point does this 'coincidental' pattern switch from refs doing a shitty job to the obvious explanation that it ain't so coincidental??

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
A lot of teams have calls that go against them. Some more than others. Ask any fan, of any country, and they’ll name half a dozen times they were screwed by officials. The trend is more in favor of bigger countries vs smaller countries but you also have to keep in mind that bigger countries tend to attack more so they tend to have things go there way more often than not. Not always the case, of course, but usually. I just don’t buy this giant conspiracy against us especially since there doesn’t seem to be that much consistency. We’ve been to one World Cup semifinal and one World Cup final, which is way more than most countries can say.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I definitely think bigger markets are favored. Let's be honest, FIFA/UEFA were rooting for France over Croatia. Take that for whatever it's worth.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,571 Posts
I will say this...

You can add Trezeguet hand against us in 2004, Thuram foul before his goal against us in 98 etc...

Sorry FF, but only your argues are laughable! This is laughable to think and says that there's no corruption inside all these matches and examples from me, Nepoznat and Ante. When you're talking about World Cup against France, this was FIFA, not UEFA. And their desires aren't clearly the same with here France loss and their win in 2018 (because there's by times political aspects, desires etc etc). But finally, both of them are corrupted!

I invite you FF to watch some historical documentary about football and you'll see that for example each World Cup tournament since their creations were corrupted. Every single tournament! With laxative in the water of the opponent, ref payed by the opponent etc etc...

Football is and was corrupted, do you really think that there is something new now?! In our corrupted world and society?! NO! For example Blatter, Platini & Infantino were all pointed as corrupted man in the World of Football, so open your eyes. We're clearly not living in a dreaming world where Football is clean.

Not every but many sports are corrupted, I've practiced martial arts, Karate during more 10 years. I did some competitions at a high level and trust me or not but many competitions were corrupted because some federations wanted to see these or these dojo wins...

So when I read your argues, it's really laughable...

·
No pain - No gain.
4,571 Posts
Free red card in favor of Spain in the Switzerland match. LMFO
Exactly what I've said in my previous messages, this Spain is clearly helped by the organization and as I said few times, I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing the Final...

Disgusting call made from the ref, and also from the VAR who hasn't decided to analyse the fault and delete the red card.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Exactly what I've said in my previous messages, this Spain is clearly helped by the organization and as I said few times, I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing the Final...

Disgusting call made from the ref, and also from the VAR who hasn't decided to analyse the fault and delete the red card.
Agreed!
And unfortunately Hop Suisse! could not Hop Penalty kicks.

Dalmate, when you have some spare time, using your martial arts capabilities, could you please use your elbow to politely destroy Sergio Busquets nose.
Hvala

Reactions: dalmate

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
also the WC 2014 japanese ref in the opener vs Brasil

in 2008 Bilić wasn't allowed to sub after the go ahead goal with 1 min left by Killer Klasnić

in 2006 ref allowed Australia offsides goal which blocked us from advancing (also the guy screwed up and Šimunić got 3 yellows not 2 before being sent off)

at what point does this 'coincidental' pattern switch from refs doing a shitty job to the obvious explanation that it ain't so coincidental??
Sure. But then how do you explain the Swiss beating France? Or us getting to the final vs. France 3 years ago?

If things aren't coincidental, why on Earth were the Swiss (who the casual fan don't give a shit about) "allowed' to beat the France (which has a number of superstars on their squad and the bettors pick to win it?)

As the post after you mentioned, every country has a list of bad calls against them. Big and small NT's alike.

Reactions: ToniSamp
501 - 520 of 549 Posts