Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Euro 2020 Round of 16 match?

• Spain on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain by 1 goal

• Spain by 2+ goals

1 - 20 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vs.

June 28th, 2021 - 18:00 CET (12:00 EDT)

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen Denmark (Capacity 38,065)

Round of 16 aka first knock out round match of UEFA Euro 2020 sees HRVATSKA take on Spain at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark. More fans will be allowed to attend this match!

From UEFA.com - TBD

Squad (Lovren is suspended for this match after receiving 2 yellow cards in the Group stage games):

Head to Head comparison:

Betting odds (OUCH) from DraftKings (OddsChecker.com TBD):

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Ajmoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! 🇭🇷

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I love the new profile photo / avatar!
Thanks man, he is the Kralj!! And with our Kralj, we have a "chance" against anyone!! We were not lucky on the draw, and the next game won't be easy, but if anyone knows the Spaniards it is our Kralj. :)

P.S. I like your profile photo / avatar as well, obitelj, broj jedan!! :) Keep up the fantastic work on this site!! 👍👍👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
If we get Björn Kuipers as the ref for this game I will literally vomit!!

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Obviously would have preferred not to play Spain but looking at most of the major teams, this isn’t worst case scenario. I’d rather play Spain than Belgium, France, Italy, or Portugal. Belgium scare me(Lukaku mostly). France for obvious reasons. Italy cause they are in form. Portugal because we’ll outplay them for the entire game and they’ll win on some bs fluke goal at the end. Bad memories. What’s interesting here is that we’ll cede possession to the Spanish and we’re not really used to that. Most of the time we boss the midfield. We need to play very direct. Clever through balls. A lot of runs behind defenders being made. I’m concerned about our defense. Gvardiol and Juranovic will have a lot to do.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Before the Scotland game I was very nervous. Our form was bad and there were reports (probably correct) of locker room tension. I was optimistic we would win but it was scary nonetheless.

And then two things happened. Dalic finally played our best XI which got us qualified in the first place and we showed how we can really play. Sure we concede chances but on our day we can beat anyone.

Secondly when Scotland equalized I thought it was over. I thought we would put our heads down and argue and flame out but no. We continued to play well and create chances and our key players rised up the the occasion once again.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I really think this was the kind of performance we needed to lift the team. If Dalic plays this same XI (with Caleta Car) against Spain then I think we will put in a good performance. Spain did beat a terrible Slovakia side but haven't looked at all convincing. I almost feel as if they have more gaps in their squad than we do.

2-1 Croatia victory

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
When I look at the draw, it's clearly intimidating. However, step by step. Spain are formidable but if the right Croatia shows up, victory is possible.

A fit Barisic instead of Gvardiol?

1 - 20 of 546 Posts