Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Euro 2020 Group Stage match?

101 - 120 of 299 Posts

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
Reactions: Nepoznat

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
From some reports, this could be the Three Lions staring XI against us (with 4 full backs) :

·
Registered
376 Posts
From some reports, this could be the Three Lions staring XI against us (with 4 full backs) :

That seems very attacking to me. Rice is the only true cm. I'd be more worried if they had mount Kane Foden up front with rice and Phillips in the middle

·
Registered
210 Posts
That back 3 doesn't look too convincing - two natural fullbacks & one CB who is known for his ball playing ability but has the odd mistake in him. Maybe they can be got at, especially with some physicality.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

"Pomagat će mu sunarodnjaci Alessandro Giallatini i Fabiano Preti, četvrti sudac bit će Nizozemac Björn Kuipers, a na VAR-u Massimiliano Irrati.

Irratija se jako dobro sjećamo iz finala Svjetskog prvenstva gdje je inzistirao na ruci Ivana Perišića te je Nestor Pitana dosudio kazneni udarac za Francusku."

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
Welcome back, CK. :D

Never been so calm before a big tourney. I'd hate to lose against England but then again it's better to finish second, so a loss isn't too bad.

I think Dalić will surprise us with the XI. Not sure how or where, but I'm expecting something a bit from left field.
I 100% agree with you Suho, I'm sure that he will find something new from his pocket and we will be all surprised.

With exactly the same thing that he did against Belgium, with false information about Gvardiol and Brekalo injuries, but also how they were apparently both unavailable for this match.

I'm pretty sure that he will play with something new/a bit surprising than we have seen during the qual' or during our friendlies (I'm sure that Dalic wants and wanted to create some false information around his team. Today, we are all unable to tell what will be his starting XI, and I'm again sure that this was his desire. Because our opponents are also unable to tell what will be our starting XI. And all them trust that we will play all three matches with for example Petkovic up front, Rebic on right wing, Barisic as a left back etc... ).

But I wouldn't surprised if we're going with for example something like this :

Livakovic

Vrsaljko Vida Caleta Car Gvardiol

Brozovic

Ivanusec Kovacic Modric Perisic

Kramaric

Rebic​

or :

Livakovic

Juranovic Vida Caleta Car Gvardiol

Brozovic

Brekalo Vlasic Modric Perisic

Rebic

Budimir

I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Dalic is rating Ivanusec and Gvardiol really high, and he could add them in our first match against England, when everybody are waiting Petkovic, Kramaric and Co... I wouldn't be also surprised to see Orsic coming on the pitch during the second half against England. (and sees Orsic as a secret weapon from Dalic).

I have this strange feeling that Dalic didn't wanted to show at every teams from our group all our qualities, all our players, our style of play (in defensive and offensive positions), how we will create our counter attacks (we had two little example against Belgium but that's all, and it worked well) etc...

From what I know, every teams are pushing for winning friendly matches but also, they're showing all their strengths and weaknesses. And Dalic did this "mistake" before the 2018 WC, but he's smart, a really smart person and I'm sure that today, he's planing to send false information at his future opponents.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Livakovic

Vrsaljko Vida Caleta Car Gvardiol

Brozovic

Ivanusec Kovacic Modric Perisic

Kramaric

Rebic​

or :

Livakovic

Juranovic Vida Caleta Car Gvardiol

Brozovic

Brekalo Vlasic Modric Perisic

Rebic

Budimir
I wish we could play with 12 on 11 too :cool:

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
That back 3 doesn't look too convincing - two natural fullbacks & one CB who is known for his ball playing ability but has the odd mistake in him. Maybe they can be got at, especially with some physicality.
sounds perfect for our struggling to score squad! :cool:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
i wish we tried a 3-5-2 in friendlies. I think Gvaridol, Car, Lovren back three with Juranovic and Bradaric our wide could work well.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
I wish we could play with 12 on 11 too :cool:
I've worked in the garden just before, I was a bit tired. My bad but I think that you understood my thoughts about Dalic tactics before the tournament. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think those of us who have basically followed our national team for decades know that we definitely play up to the competition—especially during tournaments which is what’s going to happen against England.

Look, to me our guys are professional. Once they step out onto that field, I think they’re only going to play for the win—as they should. There’s no calculating a second place finish in the group because you never know what’s going to happen around you. I think that as long as our boys go out there, play hard and smart, we’ll be good to go.

The only thing I worry about is complacency IF we beat England. I can already see our media with headlines “idemo do kraja”, “najjaci smo!”, itd and then come out flat in the second game and then pull an ‘02 against Ecuador in the third.

And finally, my prediction is 2:2. Along with no kneeling.

Spremni

·
dinamo67
9,748 Posts
Man, I could go for a really well-written “day before the tournament” piece from Bernard Jurisic back when he was on sportnet.hr

Back in the day, those always got me going..along with drinking at 9am and then heading to church to watch the game.
Got my day planned out for this one. Sunday church, then go the club watch Sydney United play at 3pm, and get trashed like always, then wait for 11pm until the game while continually drinking. Gotta pace myself for this one.

And we got the Queens birthday public holiday on Monday. Fek England, but long live the Queen. 😁

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
, but long live the Queen. 😁
", long live the Queen" is absolutely right and correct and fundamental, historic and beautiful, famous and enduring, glorious and English and British, peace-making and iconic, quintessential and rock solid as Gibraltar always was.

"The Queen", the greatest ever in modern European peace, progress and history.

"The Greatest Queen Ever" has a few years more to overtake, eclipse and outvie Louis XIV's reign as the longest reigning monarch in all European history.

England/Britain's greatest finest ever peaceful reign vs. France's warlike bellicose "Sun King", Louis XIV of the 17th and 18th Century.

"Long Live the Queen!" -- is the applause in Europe.

101 - 120 of 299 Posts