Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this UEFA Euro 2020 Group Stage match?

61 - 80 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dalic said tonight that 4-2-3-1 will be our system and he seems to make room for Kovacic in the starting 11.

So we will probably get

Livakovic
Vrsaljko Vida Caleta Barisic
Brozovic Kovacic
Rebic Modric Perisic
Kramaric

·
Registered
767 Posts
I’m worried about Vrsaljko. He looked a lot slower then he did in 2018. I don’t think unfortunately he will ever be the same after all those knee surgeries.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Dalic said tonight that 4-2-3-1 will be our system and he seems to make room for Kovacic in the starting 11.

So we will probably get

Livakovic
Vrsaljko Vida Caleta Barisic
Brozovic Kovacic
Rebic Modric Perisic
Kramaric
where did you see / read that about Kovačić? I only saw the 4-2-3-1 bit here:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
Again Dalic shows how he trust in his players
definitely need 4 RBs for a 343!
He will play in a 3-4-3 with Walker as a center back, as he did few times during the past months under Southgate (but also as Guardiola did with him in some matches with Man City). And a balance between Trippier and Alexander Arnold for the right wing between a 3-4-3 and a 4-5-1 formation. :)

But the image was really funny :D

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
208 Posts
where did you see / read that about Kovačić? I only saw the 4-2-3-1 bit here:

There he is saying that he is waiting for Kovacic come back in the squad. Maybe i got it wrong but from the way i read it i think he will give him a role in midfield.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,342 Posts
I really hope that we'll avoid this kind of news only few days before the start of the tournament... :oops:

Reactions: Nepoznat and Ante

·
dinamo67
9,748 Posts
Kovacic looks like will start. Not sure how our midfield is gonna look tbh. Would Modric play at AM and have Brozovic partner Kova behind him? If Petkovic, Perisic and Rebic start where does that leave Kramaric. Kramaric feels like he deserves a starting spot.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Kovacic looks like will start. Not sure how our midfield is gonna look tbh. Would Modric play at AM and have Brozovic partner Kova behind him? If Petkovic, Perisic and Rebic start where does that leave Kramaric. Kramaric feels like he deserves a starting spot.
I think it will be Perisic Petkovic Rebic front three with Modric at AM and Brozovic - Kovacic as the holding mids. I like this set up against England, I think it will give modric more freedom and more control in midfield. We're gonna have to bury our chances though as apart from Perisic, no one really stands out as a goal scorer. I guess Petkovic has been much more lethal in front of goal for country over club. Rebic is the complete opposite

·
Registered
208 Posts
We really have more depth than in 2018 to me.
We have Kramaric Vlasic Brekalo Pasalic Ivanusec Juranovic as options for the second half.

I would have liked to see Juranovic starting though. Hope Vrsaljko will be ready for the physical aspect of the game.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Interview with Izbornik Dalić:

·
Registered
767 Posts
We really have more depth than in 2018 to me.
We have Kramaric Vlasic Brekalo Pasalic Ivanusec Juranovic as options for the second half.

I would have liked to see Juranovic starting though. Hope Vrsaljko will be ready for the physical aspect of the game.
Maybe more depth but we are not as good. Mandzukic may not be as technically gifted as Petkovic but his work rate is unmatched and his finishing is better then Petkovic. Rakitic was a machine in 2018 really played outstanding. Barisic for me weaker then either Strinic or Pivaric. Vrsaljko not the same player anymore with all the injuries and Vida lovren have not been that good the last 2 years.

61 - 80 of 299 Posts