Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 3498 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, the draw is on Monday! The pots:

Pot 1: Spain, Germany, Italy, England, Holland, Portugal, Greece, Russia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland.

Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland.

Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus.

Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus.

Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar.

---

I hope we get:

BiH
Hungary
Norway
Belarus
Cyprus
Gibraltar

I'd hate:

BiH
Belgium
Serbia
Montenegro
Iceland
Kazakhstan

Close to the draw and this thread gives us something to discuss before the Egypt friendly.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Bosna
Ukraine
Israel
Estonia
Cyprus
Malta

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
If we lose Susic, acquire Arslanagić and a DM, and Misimovic comes to terms with a super-sub role in his old age, this could actually be the peak of this great generation. Spahic will be on the verge of retirement, but there have been plenty of defensive talismans making one last stand for their NT in their mid-30s. Dzeko, Ibisevic, Lulic, Pjanic, Salihovic, Mujdza, Salatic (?), and Begovic will all still be at the top of their games, and Kolasinac, Hajrovic, Arslanagic, Besic, Tankovic, Prcic, Atajic, and maybe even Husejinovic will have hopefully established themselves as reliable internationals as well. Of course there's a lot of ifs involved here, but I think it's far from unlikely. Like I said though, the key would be to get a competent manager.

Džeko (30)
Lulić (30) Pjanić (26) Hajrović (24)
Salihović (31) --- (?)
Kolašinac (23) Spahić (35) Arslanagić (23) Mujdža (32)
Begović (29)​

Average age of the Starting XI = ~28

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
For the first time ever I'm not really hyped about a draw. :D

I hope we get a decent group and that we get a whole bunch of new talented players during this qualification process. :thumbsup:

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately that '86 generation was huge for us, and they'll be up there by then. What does it even look like if we limit ourselves to players born in 1988 or later?

Atajić Tanković
Višća Bešić Pjanić Hajrović
Kolašinac Bičakčić Arslanagić Vranješ
---​

Not terrible, but pretty sparse... we're really counting on a lot of these players continuing to develop, and on some of them to switch nationalities. At RB and GK we don't even have anyone on the horizon. Adis Omerbasic is 19 already, it'd be really nice to have him break out as a fullback at Schalke like Seo.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
FK Partizan just sold Jojic to BVB for a few mills... And he scored this weekend for BVB. If any BiH club sold straight to BVB I'd be very impressed. I hope this academy in FKS will pan out.

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
I'm optimistic that it will in the long run, but a lot of the kids we've brought in are 12/13 years old. It'll be a while before we see real dividends from that, I'd say at least 5 years.

The other sad fact is that our league has just gotten steadily worse since the 90s. It sounds crazy now, but we actually had players transfer directly to the top 5 leagues, some of them even starting regularly and succeeding with clubs in the II Bundesliga.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For goalkeeper, we have Raif Husic and Zlatan Alomerovic (Bayern and Dortmund) as two good prospects. We can also play Bicakcic at RB in the future if needed.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
The draw is tomorrow.
IMO:

Easiest group:

BIH
Ireland
Norway
Estonia
Georgia
Gibraltar

Most difficult group:

BIH
Belgium
Serbia
Montenegro
Iceland
Kazachstan

Group of death:

BIH
Croatia
Serbia
Montenegro
Albania

:D

We have a good chance to qualify whatever the draw is as two teams go through directly and even the best third placed team does.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Being in pot 1 is a big chance for BiH and making two big tournaments in a row would be huge.
The problem with the Balkans in general is that they lack consistency and hard, methodical work..Good generations more likely come up as a freak accident rather than as a result of good work - which is usually the case with the big powers such as Spain, Germany, France, Holland etc.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
barring a complete disaster we'll be at Euro 2016 fairly easily... top 2 qualify and the third goes into the playoffs.. which will be one of the weakest play offs in history...

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The draw is tomorrow.
IMO:

Easiest group:

BIH
Ireland
Norway
Estonia
Georgia
Gibraltar

Most difficult group:

BIH
Belgium
Serbia
Montenegro
Iceland
Kazachstan

Group of death:

BIH
Croatia
Serbia
Montenegro
Albania

:D

We have a good chance to qualify whatever the draw is as two teams go through directly and even the best third placed team does.
We have the exact same here. I bet we get 4/5 of these teams. I hate to soun negative but after a great WC 2014 qualifying group, we're sure to get a tough draw.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
BHT1 live in 40 min... predictions?? not easiest or most difficult but who do you guys think we'll get?

mine is

Bosna
Ukraine
Israel
Estonia
Cyprus
Malta

1 - 20 of 3498 Posts